Don't Mean To Spoil A Good Day...

Green Crazy

Some of my friends and I made the trip and even got to gamble some today. We sat with some dudes from ULM who gave us seats.

Our defense gave up 4 straight TD's in a row on plays of 50 yards or more in the first Quarter. Offense took a shot on a a lot of deep balls tonight. Nobody was open but at least we took some shots. Fitz dropped one TD right in his hands and dropped another deep ball that he came back on but unfortunately it bounced off his shoulder pads.

Cam looked pretty good on some runs. Stickler had a very nice night and played with a lot of condidence. Vizza was high on a few throws but he was pretty darn accurate when he had time to throw and had to make some great "touch" throws over the top. His two td passes were beautiful and were conversions on 4 down.

But it was really nice to see Stick have such a good night. He would be one great TE but does well in the slot. Roberson had a sure 50 yd. td on a deep ball that was right off his fingers, it would have been a beautiful play. Roberson got replaced by Dickerson who made a couple of nice catches. Lott had a nice game as well.

I feel for Mosely. He played with his shoulder dragging some. With Dunbar out, somebody else is going to have to assist Cam and Micah because Micah is grabbing his shoulder.

I am lost for words on the defense. The defense puts the offense in the hole every dam game. We still played Gilmore at tackle? I'm trying to figure out why Deloach doesn't wear a head set? He needs something to help because whatever he is doing is not working. I can't imagine a D-1 coordinator not wearing a headset? Does he not have faith in who is upstairs in the press box.

The team rallied well in the second half and Dodge finally took some chances on 4th down which resulted in two TD passes, he has to start taking more chances in the first half.

Edited by UNT2012

The offense found the end zone and the defense pitched shut out in the second half. I'm hoping that a corner was turned in that 2nd half and we will see more competitive football the rest of the season, and hopefully a win or two.

The second half, I hope is meaningful but I it is hard to determine. A team with a huge lead usually has a tendency to coast. Also, ULM is easily the worst team, NT has played and still they ran all over NT. ULM had four plays all year before they played NT of over 40 yards, they equaled that in the first half against NT.

Lack of scoring in the red zone can be attributed to a poorly designed ground game. NT's ground game consists of draws and an occasional zone read with a non-dual threat QB.

Where have you been? We have a counter, a sweep, and trap and a QB draw that went for 24 yards last night that was called by(said by the radio announcer) for holding. Gio is no speed demon but definitiely not slow. Actually he is very quick and has quick bursts of speed. Dual threat is so over used. You must not watch him run the ball and scramble. Ask Hank Dickinson (per his quote) what opposing coaches feel about Gio as a runner.

Is Cam fast? no but he is a very nice playmayer

Is Mosely fast? No, but he is extremely good inside the tackles

Is Dunbar fast? Damn right.

You got to have the defensive safety respect the running game for a zone read QB keeper to work.

Time for Riley? Do you honestly believe he can take the hits at this level? He has touched the ball 6 to 8 times and already had a concussion.

What is the fastest 40 yard dash by a UNT QB timed by the training staff? Ever? find out at the weight room. I went into the weight room myself (on my only trip to Denton)and saw the best bench, incline, squat, 40 yard dash, etc. by position for the last 20 years or so. Go look my man, before you post incorrectly.

Where have you been? We have a counter, a sweep, and trap and a QB draw that went for 24 yards last night that was called by(said by the radio announcer) for holding. Gio is no speed demon but definitiely not slow. Actually he is very quick and has quick bursts of speed. Dual threat is so over used. You must not watch him run the ball and scramble. Ask Hank Dickinson (per his quote) what opposing coaches feel about Gio as a runner.

Is Cam fast? no but he is a very nice playmayer

Is Mosely fast? No, but he is extremely good inside the tackles

Is Dunbar fast? Damn right.

You got to have the defensive safety respect the running game for a zone read QB keeper to work.

Time for Riley? Do you honestly believe he can take the hits at this level? He has touched the ball 6 to 8 times and already had a concussion.

What is the fastest 40 yard dash by a UNT QB timed by the training staff? Ever? find out at the weight room. I went into the weight room myself (on my only trip to Denton)and saw the best bench, incline, squat, 40 yard dash, etc. by position for the last 20 years or so. Go look my man, before you post incorrectly.

Counter, sweep, trap? You've actually seen Olineman firing of the ball for a real run play? You've seen one guard pull to trap? What type trap is this play? Is it inside on the DT or is it designed for the end? You've seen gaurds/tackles pull to run a counter? Who's kicked out on the counter? The OLB or the DE? The sweep, are you sure it isn't just a stretch play? Any pulling gaurds or tackles on this sweep?

Dual threat is not overused. Where have you been?

Edited by Got5onIt