In Other Football News...

UNTflyer

The quote actually says, "They just told us. It's what he deserved," said senior quarterback Cullen Harper..."

You can take that two ways:

1. They told us it's what he deserved.

or

2. I think it's what he deserved.

If it is the latter than those are harsh words from his QB.

Edited by Eagle-96

The quote actually says, "They just told us. It's what he deserved," said senior quarterback Cullen Harper..."

You can take that two ways:

1. They told us it's what he deserved.

or

2. I think it's what he deserved.

If it is the latter than those are harsh words from his QB.

Later Monday, Harper expanded on his initial comment to explain that Bowden "tried to motivate us but guys were off the bandwagon. There were things I disagreed with and that my teammates disagreed with. I didn't appreciate it when he would say some off-the-wall things about me to the media. I guess one thing I can say is he gave me an opportunity to come to Clemson and play."

Atleast he's being honest about that.

Yeah, imagine that, the quarterback and his daddy badmouthing the coach to everybody after said quarterback hadn't produced results and had been replaced by a younger more highly recruited prospect.

Gee, this sounds so much like pee-wee football.

June Jones? :rolleyes:

Your answer is funny... and true...

This happens all the time. Coaches can do what they want... it is their perogative. it might jade people... it might not be the best decision. it might be morally wrong especially if they made false promises. But, in the end, that is how sports go. Things are fluid and constantly changing with what players will be fielded/starting. This QB might have been treated bad, maybe not... either way, you got want you wanted so stop your crying and move on.

my 2 cents

Edited by Travis

F-ing Dickey :ph34r:

Yeah, kind of.

Dickey's most highly touted quarterback, Spencer Stack from Flower Mound Marcus had actually been signed to his Letter Of Intent before Dickey was hired.

Although Spencer was given very little opportunity, remaining continuously benched in favor of other players, I never knew of him or his parents bitching like that.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Wow. So its ok to fire underperforming coaches.

Yep. After all he only won 25 games over the last three seasons. He can't recruit and he's barely an even .500 this season. I'd say get that underperformer out.

Now, I think that when we get in a Big 6 conference and average 80,000+ per game we should be equally demanding.