Todge Setting Up Rodge

UNT2012

Is todge setting up rodge for future success at the expense of other players?

Is he setting his son up to be the savior? If so, he is making a huge blunder and overestimating riley's arm and body.

Vizza and Tune are the future. They both are only sophomores, be it, Tune is a redshirt sophomore.

Is he setting his son up to be the savior? If so, he is making a huge blunder and overestimating riley's arm and body.

Vizza and Tune are the future. They both are only sophomores, be it, Tune is a redshirt sophomore.

Vizza is good but this year he has been off and thrown too many ill advised picks. I dont think he will give the job to Riley unless he knows he is the best man for the job in my opinion. If Riley is what makes this thing better and leads to win then I am all for it. I think Vizza and Riley will each get a fair shot at the job and if Tune is that good he will get his chance.

I was happy to hear Coach Dodge mention Monday night that Vizza needs to run better. A bunch of us have noticed how brutal the offense has become since he stopped running. He ran in the beginning of the Rice game then abandoned it. The de's will crush our running backs if they don't fear the qb running. Also, once out of the pocket, the Rice qb ran for huge games on busted plays. Vizza just runs on run plays that he keeps...everytime he rolls out he ends up throwing, mostly w/ very poor results.

I was happy to hear Coach Dodge mention Monday night that Vizza needs to run better.

I really hope that Dodge was misunderstod about this. If the running game depends on the QB running the ball this offense has real problems. Yes UT had Young and their have been a couple of others but at this level your QB had better learn not to run because BAD things will happen.

Has Dodge taken one snap this season? There is no evidence that he will play QB this year. Any snaps that Vizza has not taken, Tune has. I don't see any reason to even ask the question.

I know many think Todd Dodge walks on water. That said, you are giving him way to much credit and really overthinking things.

EXACTLY my point....look at Rice, Mizzou, Tulsa...they make sure their qb's can get out and run when all the receivers are down field. Riley isn't playing because there is alot of conjecture over the health/status of his arm after surgery.

This not only goes for Riley. There were other recruits who were very athletic as QB and were moved to the defensive side of the ball. Hell, we had probably one of the best running QB's to come through NT when Woody Wilson was here. I'm sure Dodge didn't even give 2 $hits about keeping him there, considering how Meager got axed fairly quickly.