Reminder : Another Belt Game On The Duece 2nite

NT03

Do we wish for FAU over Troy? Assuming we pull another 2001 miracle on turf, we could regroup ( :lol: ) and sweep the SBC with a 6-1 conference record and end up 7-5 overall in the New Orleans Bowl against Houston. Hey, it could happen, the team could stay in a Holiday Inn Express! :rolleyes:

So it's "Interactive Tuesday" on ESPN Tuesday night football and people can text in comments and this one just scrolled across the top of the screen and made me LITERALLY lol....

"North Texas will bounce back and win the Sun Belt"

Wish it was true but I'm pretty sure there is no chance in hell that's going to happen.

The strength of the RB's is very obvious to me watching this game. They are very powerful backed with some speed. UNT RB's do not break tackles nor is our OL physical like Troy's and FAU's.

I see a lot of speed all over the field and some awesome athletes. Both OL's and DL's look pretty darn good. Troy is going to kill our QB and RB's unless we vastily improve.

Physical football is what these dudes play and they play to rip your head off.

I would hate to see Riley Dodge play QB against these dudes. They might break him in half.

Poor Vizza and Tune on homecoming, with no running game and if Menard, Bailey, and Drake don't play, they will get blasted.

Edited by UNT2012

Do we wish for FAU over Troy? Assuming we pull another 2001 miracle on turf, we could regroup ( :lol: ) and sweep the SBC with a 6-1 conference record and end up 7-5 overall in the New Orleans Bowl against Houston. Hey, it could happen, the team could stay in a Holiday Inn Express! :rolleyes:

I say yes...GO OWLS. (Tonight anyway.) My heart says root for Troy, but my noggin says root for FAU. If there is a fraction of an ounce of a chance for UNT this year, we should root for that chance.

I say yes...GO OWLS. (Tonight anyway.) My heart says root for Troy, but my noggin says root for FAU. If there is a fraction of an ounce of a chance for UNT this year, we should root for that chance.

I just can't share your modicum of optimism--not for this season anyway. I'm pulling for Troy.

UNT has not been fortunate this season to get the turnovers that FAU is just handing Troy. Both teams are superior in overall talent but niether one is setting the world on fire. Very inconsistent play but the Defense has a lot to do with it. FAU and Smith look beatable tonight by most Sun Belt teams. FAU has gone backwords this season in overall play.

Ugly game. Drops, fumbles, high snap, and lots of dropped balls.

As I am posting, Smith is moving the team, finally. FAU will not score on three possesions. FAU will now have 2 conference losses.

Field goal missed. Man it is a shame UNT didn't play FAU tonight.

Edited by Dodge2007

UNT has not been fortunate this season to get the turnovers that FAU is just handing Troy. Both teams are superior in overall talent but niether one is setting the world on fire. Very inconsistent play but the Defense has a lot to do with it. FAU and Smith look beatable tonight by most Sun Belt teams. FAU has gone backwords this season in overall play.

Ugly game. Drops, fumbles, high snap, and lots of dropped balls.

As I am posting, Smith is moving the team, finally. FAU will not score on three possesions. FAU will now have 2 conference losses.

Field goal missed. Man it is a shame UNT didn't play FAU tonight.

We were fortunate last year at Troy , with what 7 ? , and it didn't help us :lol:

Good point. Our offense was blasted by the Troy defense. Physically beaten like a pulp.

The speed and tenacity of the Troy defense is incredible. They play so much man to man and just flat out intimate WR's.

Playing man just allows you to blitz and blitz often with success because they are rushing six and stunting like crazy.

Troy man upped and just beat up FAU. Troy plays with an attitude and yes they have tremendous athletes.

Edited by Dodge2007

What was your post?? I commented up above at the North Texas post I saw...

something along the lines of : vote yes for the UNT stadium

they probably dismissed it as soon as they saw "vote" thinking that it had something to do with the presidental election.

something along the lines of : vote yes for the UNT stadium

they probably dismissed it as soon as they saw "vote" thinking that it had something to do with the presidental election.

Ah yes, good one. I thought they actually might mention it because they were talking about FAU getting a new stadium and maybe somehow tie us in and how the Sun Belt is making strides to become more nationally recognized. Would have been a good talking point, I thought.

Speaking of the stadium, it's been brought up by one of my professors which he said would raise our fees however much and I quickly had to point out to him that it goes into effect AFTER the stadium is complete. Then again today, in my Sports Management class we were discussing facilities and how they help with recruits and he (being very involved at UNT as he claims) didn't mention a single thing about it but rather talked about the rec center. I didn't get a chance to butt in and mention our *hopefully* new stadium and the vote coming up.

Edited by MeanGreengdub