Will Wku Be The Next Belt Team To Win

NT03

I realize they are still a "transition" team , but I still claim them as a SUNBELT team. If my memory is correct Troy has the only league win over a ranked opponent, a 24 -14 win over then 17th ranked Mizzu in 04.

How many times has a mid major team like Ball State make their debut in the polls only to lose their next contest ?? Seems like it happens more times than not. Ball State is undeafted at 6-0 , but it's not like they are lighting it up over a less than impressive schedule. Their opponents combined record is just 13-20 , including a win over a 2-3 FCS Northeastern team.

Could this be a trap game for the Cardinals ? They have already played 3 MAC games and this is their last OOC game. Will their players look past this game or feel any added pressure with their new ranking?

While WKU hasn't played all that well this season , they gave Virgina Tech (5-1, 2-0 ACC) all they could handle on the road last week and seem to be improving. This will only be the 2nd home game for the Hilltoppers ( other one a 50-9 win over FCS Murray State) so expect a hyped up crowd. I would guess that this will be the 1st time ever a ranked opponent has traveled to Bowling Green,KY to face WKU.

I say WKU takes this one 20 - 17.