So, I'll Bring It Up Again.....why Not Run The

We don't have ONE single play in our current playbook with the QB under center so we would have to run it out of our shotgun formation.

Right. I'm pretty sure that with 1st down and and goal on the one inch line we would still line up in the shotgun formation. Hell, I'm surprised we don't do a shotgun and a pitch back on field goals and punts. Couldn't really hurt!

Edited by oldguystudent

Hell, I'm surprised we don't do a shotgun and a pitch back on field goals and punts. Couldn't really hurt!

honestly, we should go for two every time we score a touchdown. Not to say we score a lot of touchdowns. But you know, when we do, we should take advantage of it. I mean, think about how much closer we would have been to Rice if we had done this...

He'll be looking for another Steve Slaton to run that offense. I can assure you, the Wolverines will have NO problems recruiting one.

Don't you mean another Pat White?

He already has a commitment from dynamic dual-threat QB from Wichita Falls Rider in Shavodrick Beaver, who will play there in 2009 as a true Freshman. He will team in the backfield with fellow Texan Sam McGuffie (Houston Cy-Fair, 2008 Army All-American) to begin their rise to the top of the country in offensive production. Wolverines fans need to be patient, because they will be a force again.

I don't give a rat's a$$ what offense we run, so long as it isn't the one we've run all season.

Bring back Dickey ball (just the offense, not the man) if it will work.

Dickey never ran the wishbone, but Barry Switzer won tons of games with it. I really think it would work. I even called RV about it, and they may be considering it.

YEAH, RIGHT!

They have Fantroy, we have Dunbar, Moseley, Montgomery and Vizza, not ot mention our 425 receivers.

Folks, it's time to turn this program around, SOON!

I know you are just joking around, but I have suggested that the Cajuns run the veer, as it would better utilize the talents of Jason Chery, who is a better RB than receiver. That would give the Cajuns a really scary triple option with Fenroy as the inside read, Desormaux pulling the trigger and a 4.29 [FAT 40] Chery as the pitch man.

Can you say "Bill Yoeman?"

I am a Cajun fan forever, but since my Mom and one of my uncles both have multiple degrees from UNT, I have a soft spot for you guys. Cheer up, it could be worse. You COULD have hired Jerry Baldwin. :lol:

In all seriousness, I think the Mean Green will be all right; just maybe not this year. Too much pride, too much tradition to not recover.