The Beast We Need?

island eagle

I don't know if this is true or not, but a fan at the Rice game who claims to know DeLoach, told me that Cantly is going to be the beast we need in the defensive line. Unfortunately, Tevinn is so "green" ...no pun intended, that he needs a redshirt year and maybe one more of experience before he can really make a presence, but it was comforting to hear something positive about the future.

I don't know if this is true or not, but a fan at the Rice game who claims to know DeLoach, told me that Cantly is going to be the beast we need in the defensive line. Unfortunately, Tevinn is so "green" ...no pun intended, that he needs a redshirt year and maybe one more of experience before he can really make a presence, but it was comforting to hear something positive about the future.

Our manager at work has a son who is a friend and former teammate of Cantly. Our manager claims that Cantly is the best prospect out of Arlington Lamar in recent times, a real stud. I enjoyed reading The Tasty Greek's interview with him after he signed and REALLY look forward to seeing him play. Along the sidelines last Saturday, he looked noticeably bigger than any of our players; a real physical looking guy. I had been hoping he'd lose his redshirt in that game, but I can understand why they may hold him out this year. When he starts getting playing time, look out!

Agreed. He sounds like a very jovial guy too. I know that things sometimes don't always go your way, and recently things haven't been going our way, but I long for the days when our players are having fun. It's so much more fun from a fans' perspective to watch - win or lose.

Sometimes the people who are funny and happy normally can be the meanest f---ers when they have to. I know nothing about him, but if what you're saying is true, I can't wait. We need somebody who can be a vicious bastard onfield and still a good guy when the helmet comes off.

From watching Troy Franklin play Saturday, I would say Franklin

will be a beast too. 6-5, 290lbs. Wow! Jessie Desoto, Jordan

Scoggins, and Tevinn Cantley, and Franklin! Double wow!

All of these freshmen and red shirts are playing, learning a

new defensive system, and gaining on the job experience!

No wonder DeLoach has a big grin on is face when he looks

at his future DL and his future defense! Hill, Willams, Penson,

Cook, Shorter, to name a few, all young talented guys learning!

Give these guys and DeLoach the time they need to grow up,

and see how the mean comes back to the Mean Green!

But right now, according to some fans, the coaches can not coach

at all, and the coaches do not know what they are doing!

Yeah, right!

From watching Troy Franklin play Saturday, I would say Franklin

will be a beast too. 6-5, 290lbs. Wow! Jessie Desoto, Jordan

Scoggins, and Tevinn Cantley, and Franklin! Double wow!

All of these freshmen and red shirts are playing, learning a

new defensive system, and gaining on the job experience!

No wonder DeLoach has a big grin on is face when he looks

at his future DL and his future defense! Hill, Willams, Penson,

Cook, Shorter, to name a few, all young talented guys learning!

Give these guys and DeLoach the time they need to grow up,

and see how the mean comes back to the Mean Green!

But right now, according to some fans, the coaches can not coach

at all, and the coaches do not know what they are doing!

Yeah, right!

To be fair - I only count one dude who is new bad-mouthing DeLoach.

Don't forget the DE that transferred from Tech in August....Hamilton. He will be able to play next year after doing his mandatory residency. He should bring some much needed size and speed to the end of the line.

Yeah...huh? I just checked Tech's roster for the past three seasons and there is no Hamilton

I swear to God ph34r is really starting to piss me off

According to the Urban Dictionary:

ph34r

(noun) a powerfull feeling realized or felt at the point of inevitable harm or death. Normally associated with fear, it is more closely related to a extreme feeling of anticipation.

:ph34r: