A Call For Unity

Side Show Joe

I'm not happy about the way this season is going either, but we need to come together as a fan base and support this team. It's easy to suport a team when they are whipping everyone in sight. It's much harder to support them when they are having the season we are, but it's times like these when true hard core fans step up.

It's the little things that help pick up morral, like staying at the game until the end, no matter the score, driving around with a North Texas flag on your car all week long, not just on game day, and taking a minute from tailgating to walk over and stand in support of our team during the Mean Green March.

I know most of the people on this board do some or all of these things already, but we need to try and stay positive right now and promote all the reasons we need the new stadium. I think we'd all be better served if we called off the negative insights, at least until after the stadium vote, because if we don't get that new stadium, this type of season will become the norm around here, and none of us want to see that.

I've said what I had to say, and now I'm ready to be the punching bag. Swing away.

I'm not happy about the way this season is going either, but we need to come together as a fan base and support this team. It's easy to suport a team when they are whipping everyone in sight. It's much harder to support them when they are having the season we are, but it's times like these when true hard core fans step up.

It's the little things that help pick up morral, like staying at the game until the end, no matter the score, driving around with a North Texas flag on your car all week long, not just on game day, and taking a minute from tailgating to walk over and stand in support of our team during the Mean Green March.

I know most of the people on this board do some or all of these things already, but we need to try and stay positive right now and promote all the reasons we need the new stadium. I think we'd all be better served if we called off the negative insights, at least until after the stadium vote, because if we don't get that new stadium, this type of season will become the norm around here, and none of us want to see that.

I've said what I had to say, and now I'm ready to be the punching bag. Swing away.

I'm with ya. GMG

What is seen and witnessed on the field right now is far worse for this vote than what you see posted on here. I can guarantee you there were far more students at that game last night and will be there next week than what will visit and read what is on here. That being said, I still believe they will pass the vote. Just think about this - if we have 6,000 students there next week, and all of them know how to vote, and they are there at the game after what we have seen so far, I would say the chances of them passing the vote are very good.

I look at it this way. In politics, I've always liked those t-shirts that say, "If you didn't vote, then shut the hell up!"

Translate that to football, and I think if I'm going to the games, all the games, then I reserve the right to bitch about the product that is put before me.

If I stay home and hide under the covers waiting for the "real college football" to come on the TV, then my voice shouldn't have so much weight.

I look at it this way. In politics, I've always liked those t-shirts that say, "If you didn't vote, then shut the hell up!"

Translate that to football, and I think if I'm going to the games, all the games, then I reserve the right to bitch about the product that is put before me.

If I stay home and hide under the covers waiting for the "real college football" to come on the TV, then my voice shouldn't have so much weight.

A great point; although I have and will miss some games, and DO find the games this year really hard to watch, the games I'll miss will be more for family reasons than my own disgruntlement.

The people that are venting and ranting about the team and their God-awful play really do care. Negative posts are a way for all of us to cope with what we have to deal with every Saturday. Pointing out the problems with a team, discussing them, and trying to find solutions is half the allure of being a sports fan. Tell me Sports Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, Fan message boards, or ESPN would still be as successful if the emotion and frustrations were not a part of the overall equation.

I don't think a single thing written on this board is going to sway a vote either way. The students will do what they will, and the program will move forward best it can. Being upset is part of supporting the program believe it or not. It's part of being a fan. If we have to invest time and emotion in this thing, the least we can do is allow us as a fanbase to air our frustrations.