This Must Stop

yyz28

...I'm not going to sit here and scream and bitch and moan... we know where we're all at with this program.

...but, seriously... FIREWORKS AFTER WE KICK A FIELD GOAL!?!?!?!? We kick a fieldgoal scoring our first points of the night in the waining minutes of the game and we SHOOT OFF FIREWORKS?!?!?

...next, it'll be fireworks time when we get a first down.

I must say, that was the laugh-riot of the night.

...I'm not going to sit here and scream and bitch and moan... we know where we're all at with this program.

...but, seriously... FIREWORKS AFTER WE KICK A FIELD GOAL!?!?!?!? We kick a fieldgoal scoring our first points of the night in the waining minutes of the game and we SHOOT OFF FIREWORKS?!?!?

I don't really mind fireworks after scores...............fireworks after a loss, however, seems like we are celebrating our defeat.

Last year, after the first home game which we loss, Dodge giving his post game interview with George Dunham, and the fireworks were shot off in the south end zone above the locker room. Dodge does not joke much, but he said that he did not know after a loss that they would be shot at. :lol:

I agree stop the fireworks!!!! We are all walking to ours cars with our heads down!!!!! What do not want to look up and see these after another A@$# woopin !!!!!!

See you all next Saturday I will be there with HOPE.

One more thing when you are down 35 points and are 0-4 you go for it COACH !!!! Keep the kicker on the sideline.

I felt like it was just patronizing the team when everyone goes nuts when we kick a field goal to make the score 35-3. I clapped, but I couldn't scream my head off. I agree, the fireworks were kind of sad given the situation. I don't really mind then after the game, but during the game when we aren't even close seems a little dumb.

I think after a loss it sucks. It's insult to injury. I've tried to defend this team the past few years to all my friends who have always seen what I NOW see.......we suck hard. No more defending this team. They have lost my support. Basketball has a lot of pressure now to perform but they actually have REAL athletes so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm tired of being in class with these "football players" who act all hard and like they matter. They are crap. I just want to say sit the F down and quit acting like you're somebody. If I were them I would be ashamed to wear NT football stuff on campus. I can't believe my tuition money pays for their scholarships, that makes me want to throw up.

I think after a loss it sucks. It's insult to injury. I've tried to defend this team the past few years to all my friends who have always seen what I NOW see.......we suck hard. No more defending this team. They have lost my support. Basketball has a lot of pressure now to perform but they actually have REAL athletes so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm tired of being in class with these "football players" who act all hard and like they matter. They are crap. I just want to say sit the F down and quit acting like you're somebody. If I were them I would be ashamed to wear NT football stuff on campus. I can't believe my tuition money pays for their scholarships, that makes me want to throw up.

I strongly disagree with blaming the players. If I go to a Home Depot and get bad service from an employee, I consider that the fault of that employee. If every employee at every Home Depot gives bad service, the responsibility is at the highest management level of the corporation. If one player, or two or three players made bad plays or have a bad night, that's their responsibility. If every aspect of the game is bad for 5 games in a row, the problem is at the very top, and leaders should at least accept that it is their responsibility to make the changes required to make the needed improvements.

Well I'm still not sure they don't take some from tuition money.

It's been said before:

If Athletics were funding scholarships using tuition money, chances are excellent that UNT would lose state financing. There is no chance on this planet the administration would risk that "free" money from the state.