Gomeangreen.com Blog

Harry

Hang in there folks. The million dollar man, June Jones, isn't doing much better his first year at SMU. SMU is 1-5 and the 1 win is over D2 Texas State by only 11 (and Texas State put 36 points on them). Do these scores and record look familiar:

DATE OPPONENT W-L (CONF) RESULT

8/29 @ Rice 0-1 (0-1) L 56-27

9/06 Texas State 1-1 (0-1) W 47-36

9/13 @ No. 12 Texas Tech 1-2 (0-1) L 43-7

9/20 TCU 1-3 (0-1) L 48-7

9/25 @ Tulane 1-4 (0-2) L 34-27

10/04 @ UCF 1-5 (0-3) L 31-17

Mean Green football is ugly and gruesome to watch. But Dodge is basically doing a complete rebuild from the ground up. Hang in there. Sure, we will have a horrible season, but don't give up on this team.

Hang in there folks. The million dollar man, June Jones, isn't doing much better his first year at SMU. SMU is 1-5 and the 1 win is over D2 Texas State by only 11 (and Texas State put 36 points on them). Do these scores and record look familiar:

DATE OPPONENT W-L (CONF) RESULT

8/29 @ Rice 0-1 (0-1) L 56-27

9/06 Texas State 1-1 (0-1) W 47-36

9/13 @ No. 12 Texas Tech 1-2 (0-1) L 43-7

9/20 TCU 1-3 (0-1) L 48-7

9/25 @ Tulane 1-4 (0-2) L 34-27

10/04 @ UCF 1-5 (0-3) L 31-17

Mean Green football is ugly and gruesome to watch. But Dodge is basically doing a complete rebuild from the ground up. Hang in there. Sure, we will have a horrible season, but don't give up on this team.

We had a horrible season last year. At least, to me, it was fun to watch. This year we are having a horrible season and not very fun to watch. I hate to say it

but I believe we may have at least another 2 horrible seasons after this one.

Chris im sorry, but Jones and SMU would beat us by 30+ this year. They are in year 1 , while we are in year 2. Jones had like 2 weeks to recruit his "own" players.

Bring on the roundballs!!!

Couldn't agree more. SMU would wax us. I'm starting to think Texas State would beat us.

Chris im sorry, but Jones and SMU would beat us by 30+ this year. They are in year 1 , while we are in year 2. Jones had like 2 weeks to recruit his "own" players.

Bring on the roundballs!!!

I hear you. This is ugly. Maybe they would beat us. I don't know. But nonetheless, even a multi-million dollar coach that just went to a BCS bowl game is having many, many problems winning games. This doesn't excuse our extremely poor play either. I was just pointing out a similar situation with another team.

That was a powerful piece. Some people got angry tonight when I feel they should have been sad. We are even seeing a few Dickey "nostalgia" posts. It can't get any worse than this, it is impossible. I really appreciate the opinion by Harry that we need to give FIU a little credit. They are a good team. I have always been in the camp that believed FIU had much much more potential than FAU. Both have massive amounts of money to play with, both are running true Div I budgets and pay their coaches a respectable wage for this level. We desperately need this vote to pass - not for a stadium - but to fund this program at the Div I level. I am not mad tonight, I am sad.

For some reason this one hurt more than any losses we have taken in the recent past. I really thought we had a shot. I felt like this was a must win and if we didn't we may go 0-12. This was a deep burn.

"As Mean Green Fans, it’s not time to throw in the towel or give up, the program needs us now more than ever. It is however time to start realizing the deficiencies we suffer with, come up with a game plan to address them (i.e. recruiting) and readjust our expectations and timeline for success."

I think that one of the stinging aspects of this loss was losing to a school that sounds like an airline---later we have to play a school named after an insurance company--florida atlantic.

Everyone needs to go back and read Harry's Go Mean Green.com blog. Then go and read the September 28, 2008 *Telegram "Facts about UNT's mess" by Troy Phillips.

Points in *Tele article

1. TD inherited a program that lost 19 of 24 games After going to 4 bowls

2. As of 2007 LOI day NT had lost nearly 30 ship players with remaining elgibility

3. DD's last 3 years APR ratings of 925 passing were 907, 916 and 917....this cost TD and NT 5 scholarships

4. 2 CB's filed racial discrimination which were determined to be false...but cost 2 DB's

5. Since TD's first season a starting WR and S left the program with off-field issues.

6. 4 presumbly impact OL TD inherited left the program after injuries, academic or other issuers...3 would still be playing

7. TD inherited more tight ends than # at any other position

8. "Don't even get me started on Fouts Field. How the previous staff won there is a mystery, but its a compononent of any "mess" you apply to this program.

IF NT were to fire DD now or after his 2nd year...NT can forget about finding a "Quality" coach who would come in a two year rebuilding situation.

It was DD's 5th year in the program before he had a winning season, and he left after 9 seasons with only 3 winning seasons and the SBC teams were not nearly as good as they are now.

I think that one of the stinging aspects of this loss was losing to a school that sounds like an airline---later we have to play a school named after an insurance company--florida atlantic.

Take this to the bank--the grunts from Unt if you want to play on words instead of realizing just how sad the plight of UNT really is will not or have not) even show that they belong on the same field with either. It's time to quit belittling the SBC until we prove that NT can be competitive in the conference. To run down our conference mates when we are far and away the dreges of the SBC is just ignorant. FIU has won 3 games in 3 years with two of those against NT. THEY ARE NOT A TOP 50 BCS TEAM BUT WE SURE MADE THEM LOOK LIKE IT

Everyone needs to go back and read Harry's Go Mean Green.com blog. Then go and read the September 28, 2008 *Telegram "Facts about UNT's mess" by Troy Phillips.

Points in *Tele article

1. TD inherited a program that lost 19 of 24 games After going to 4 bowls2. As of 2007 LOI day NT had lost nearly 30 ship players with remaining elgibility

3. DD's last 3 years APR ratings of 925 passing were 907, 916 and 917....this cost TD and NT 5 scholarships4. 2 CB's filed racial discrimination which were determined to be false...but cost 2 DB's

5. Since TD's first season a starting WR and S left the program with off-field issues.

6. 4 presumbly impact OL TD inherited left the program after injuries, academic or other issuers...3 would still be playing

7. TD inherited more tight ends than # at any other position8. "Don't even get me started on Fouts Field. How the previous staff won there is a mystery, but its a compononent of any "mess" you apply to this program.

IF NT were to fire DD now or after his 2nd year...NT can forget about finding a "Quality" coach who would come in a two year rebuilding situation.

It was DD's 5th year in the program before he had a winning season, and he left after 9 seasons with only 3 winning seasons and the SBC teams were not nearly as good as they are now.

How on earth does this keep getting brought back up????

PLEASE READ ME. PLEASE!!!!!!

SBC teams weren't nearly as good then as they are now? PLEASE, PLEASE READ ME!!!

The fact that it's getting so hard to make excuses for Dodge speaks volumes.

I agree that you can't fire him right now. But this Troy Phillips stuff needs to DIE already.