Nt Daily Article Negative Talk

mean green d

That editorial is full of "bad" arguments.

1. On field performance doesn't justify a new stadium.

2. Alumni should pay for the whole thing.

3. We should give better scholarships.

The first two arguments have been addressed in the bad arguments thread, but this last one is a new argument. We've never heard this before because its not possible. The NCAA regulates what can be included in your scholarship package. But new facilities like a stadium would be very enticing to a recruit.

The other argument made in the article is more of a response to a pro-stadium argument, UNT didn't become the third largest school in Texas because of football.

This is true, but it doesn't mean a stronger football program wouldn't help the university. It should also be noted that the warrant for this guy argument goes back to on field performance. And of course its easy to counter that argument that the school did grow following its 4 straight conference wins.

I just about peed myself. Thanks.

He's like a visual Grubes

Also...this guy will go away for a while after today...then he's just going to pop up in a random thread 3 months from now and one of us just may die from the hilarity.

Thats my prediction...(hopes twice in one thread isn't overkill)

Edited by Censored by Laurie

I'd like to hear an actual ARGUMENT against the stadium instead of misinformation for a change.

Edit: I wasn't going to comment but changed my mind (on the Daily site):

Why is it that every major "argument" against the stadium has to include a misinformation package as well? If we followed Steven's advice in certain areas of this discussion, UNT would be charged with embezzlement and/or misappropriation of state funds, as well as violation of NCAA rules. We would likely lose all sports, period, and possibly lose our accreditation as a University.

Other than that, great column.

.....the thing that has always frustrated me the most about North Texas (and pretty much everywhere) is that when people get something into their heads, no matter how much you point to facts and such to the contrary, they still won't believe you. I guess the equal education opportunities now extends to the mentally handicapped.

Edited by JesseMartin

I'd like to hear an actual ARGUMENT against the stadium instead of misinformation for a change.

Edit: I wasn't going to comment but changed my mind (on the Daily site):

Why is it that every major "argument" against the stadium has to include a misinformation package as well? If we followed Steven's advice in certain areas of this discussion, UNT would be charged with embezzlement and/or misappropriation of state funds, as well as violation of NCAA rules. We would likely lose all sports, period, and possibly lose our accreditation as a University.

Other than that, great column.

.....the thing that has always frustrated me the most about North Texas (and pretty much everywhere) is that when people get something into their heads, no matter how much you point to facts and such to the contrary, they still won't believe you. I guess the equal education opportunities now extends to the mentally handicapped.

Zing! Good comments.