Question For Married Fathers Out There

NT03

If the recovery goes well and she wants to go too, then take them both to the game (weather permitting). Otherwise, keep your ass at home!

Pitocin is an evil, evil drug. Between that and the er...umm....cuts they'll make for a natural birth, she ain't gonna' be ready to go anywhere the next day. Tack onto that that the kid will be crying like you won't believe all night long for a while. There's a reason that new parents, both mothers and fathers, walk around like brain dead zombies for a few weeks after a child is born. The games are out for you probably for the rest of the season. And trust me on this one...I've been married for 11 years, and my wife remembers every transgression, not matter how trivial, since the day we first met in 1994. This would not fit the minor category of transgressions. It would be a major one. Don't do it. Don't even listen to the game on the radio unless both she and the baby are asleep, and then do so only with headphones on. The next few months are not about you.

Next year, bring the kid along with you. I took my daughter on her first trip to Vegas when she was about 6 weeks old. She's been hooked on that place ever since! We've been doing everything together ever since. Some people will say I'm a bad guy for this, but she's gone to Vegas, the track, and numerous numerous sporting events with me. The result is that I have a kid who loves to spend time with me and has taken up some of my interests -- particularly fishing. As far as the gambling aspect of the track, I've taught her from a very young age that it's ok to gamble only with a small amount of money, and that the odds of winning are slim to none (we played a little first grade level math game to illustrate how the odds are stacked against the player).

By the time the kid's old enough to interact with you, if your wife isn't into going to the games, she'll probably be glad for the alone time anyways.

How far do you have to drive?

Your new born child is going to be spending the better part of the day asleep in between feedings, and that's about it. So if you live fairly close, you'd only be missing out on 1 MAYBE 2 of the 15 minute awake times. If your wife has any family staying with her, or coming over during the day, it might do everyone good to have less people in the house.

After writing this, I went and asked my wife (mother of 3) her opinion, and was told "that's a negative". She did say if the Mother-in-Law was coming over, you might bring it up, but not to make it sound like you're ASKING the Mother-in-Law to come over.

Pitocin is an evil, evil drug. Between that and the er...umm....cuts they'll make for a natural birth, she ain't gonna' be ready to go anywhere the next day. Tack onto that that the kid will be crying like you won't believe all night long for a while. There's a reason that new parents, both mothers and fathers, walk around like brain dead zombies for a few weeks after a child is born. The games are out for you probably for the rest of the season. And trust me on this one...I've been married for 11 years, and my wife remembers every transgression, not matter how trivial, since the day we first met in 1994. This would not fit the minor category of transgressions. It would be a major one. Don't do it. Don't even listen to the game on the radio unless both she and the baby are asleep, and then do so only with headphones on. The next few months are not about you.

Next year, bring the kid along with you. I took my daughter on her first trip to Vegas when she was about 6 weeks old. She's been hooked on that place ever since! We've been doing everything together ever since. Some people will say I'm a bad guy for this, but she's gone to Vegas, the track, and numerous numerous sporting events with me. The result is that I have a kid who loves to spend time with me and has taken up some of my interests -- particularly fishing. As far as the gambling aspect of the track, I've taught her from a very young age that it's ok to gamble only with a small amount of money, and that the odds of winning are slim to none (we played a little first grade level math game to illustrate how the odds are stacked against the player).

By the time the kid's old enough to interact with you, if your wife isn't into going to the games, she'll probably be glad for the alone time anyways.

Remember, they're leaving the hospital Friday, not having it Friday. My wife was a little sore when we went home (I spent all 3 1/2 days in the hospital with them), but okay for getting out a bit.

As for sleep, I've heard the same, but I'm lucky. Aside from the 6 weeks my wife was on maternity leave, Carter usually only woke up 1-2 times a night. Now he usually lets me sleep till 10 or 11 if I want to! Plus, he's loved football since he was born. He would just stare at the tv when it was on (and usually didn't like anything else but Transformers). Now he watches and cheers and claps! Happy Birthday, 1 year old today!!

First of all, congratulations!

Four days after the birth of our girl I went to a noon Ranger game with a buddy, but only because her mom and my mom were there with her. If it were a noon or 3 game I'd say yes, but a night game, no. Despite her not having a problem with it then I still hear about that game every once in a while, but I think that's because I came back a bit tipsy. :)

Edited by Green Crazy

Well, I haven't seen any females reply so I guess I'll give it a shot....

I'm a mother of two. Our most recent born on March 1st.

If she's being induced and this is your first child there is a good good chance that she and baby will still BE at the hospital on Saturday night. If that's the case I'd see if someone could come keep her company for a bit until visiting hours are over, during which time you could go to the game. But still could be risky....especially if it is your first. Good luck!