Crap

NorthTexasFan

Well I am huge Greggo fan, so I have begun listening to him in the evenings instead of the Top 10. It reminds me of what the ticket used to be like years ago.

awkward pauses and forced chemistry?

I have no problem with him being an OU fan...hell he can love OU but he did go to TCU. And if those two were playing he would go for OU. I dont know how you dont think thats wheels off and pretty dumb.

No, I don't see it. His dad played football at OU, not TCU. Therefore, he grew up a Sooner fan. Because his family lived in the metroplex, Arlington, he went to a university in Fort Worth. It's no big deal and not surprising.

Here's the thing Texas people still don't realize - many people who live in Texas have family roots elsewhere.

This normally comes out in recruiting discussions. You know, the mindnumbing, "Why would a Texas kid go to (insert non-Texas school here)? Well, because, they might have the majority of their family living in another state.

One of my old law school classmates went to undergrad at TCU. His dad and grandfather went to LSU. Most of their family is in Louisiana and have season tickets for LSU football. He grew up going to Baton Rouge. His mom went to Missouri. Now, although he stayed in state and went to TCU, he's still an LSU fan when it comes to choosing between the two. He supports the Frogs, but his number one will always be the number one he grew up with, LSU.

It's really not complicated. Not everyone hits college campus without some background in whom to support. Family, geography, and money all play a role in it.

Besides, not everyone is as short-sighted as the Texas douche.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

No, I don't see it. His dad played football at OU, not TCU. Therefore, he grew up a Sooner fan. Because his family lived in the metroplex, Arlington, he went to a university in Fort Worth. It's no big deal and not surprising.

Here's the thing Texas people still don't realize - many people who live in Texas have family roots elsewhere.

This normally comes out in recruiting discussions. You know, the mindnumbing, "Why would a Texas kid go to (insert non-Texas school here)? Well, because, they might have the majority of their family living in another state.

One of my old law school classmates went to undergrad at TCU. His dad and grandfather went to LSU. Most of their family is in Louisiana and have season tickets for LSU football. He grew up going to Baton Rouge. His mom went to Missouri. Now, although he stayed in state and went to TCU, he's still an LSU fan when it comes to choosing between the two. He supports the Frogs, but his number one will always be the number one he grew up with, LSU.

It's really not complicated. Not everyone hits college campus without some background in whom to support. Family, geography, and money all play a role in it.

Good points - and you are pointing out the growing need to redefine the Texas Douche. I think there are several non-douche situations getting a bad wrap right now and I believe it is time we refocus the ridicule. Texas Douche - yes we can!

Again I have no problem him being an OU fan. Yeah I get it...he has family roots in Oklahoma and his parents are OU alums etc....but again he went to TCU and graduated from TCU. He does not have a lick from OU yet he still cheers for them over TCU. So what if he has roots in Oklahoma or in OU...he sure as hell decided not to go to college there which he could have easily done. I love Corby and all but when it comes to this I think he's a douche just like other people who do that. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Green Mean

Again I have no problem him being an OU fan. Yeah I get it...he has family roots in Oklahoma and his parents are OU alums etc....but again he went to TCU and graduated from TCU. He does not have a lick from OU yet he still cheers for them over TCU. So what if he has roots in Oklahoma or in OU...he sure as hell decided not to go to college there which he could have easily done. I love Corby and all but when it comes to this I think he's a douche just like other people who do that. Just my thoughts.

So, growing up in a household where there was OU stuff all over the place, going to games and meeting his dad's former teammates and coaches, should have meant nothing? The minute he enrolled at TCU he should have just chucked all of his OU stuff and ignored forever and ever amen two decades of suppport?

Nevermind.

So, growing up in a household where there was OU stuff all over the place, going to games and meeting his dad's former teammates and coaches, should have meant nothing? The minute he enrolled at TCU he should have just chucked all of his OU stuff and ignored forever and ever amen two decades of suppport?

Nevermind.

If you were reading what I was typing then you would have read that I do not have a problem him being and OU fan...He can have crazy sex with with the school for all I care. But he went to TCU and got his degree from TCU. In my opinion he should be a TCU fan first and then and OU fan. And yes in my opinion he is a moron in this situation.

Then they should count themselves lucky we let them into The Great State. It's just rude to get all sneaky and then, you know, support another, lesser, state.

The worst part is when you let them in, they pretend to love Texas, and then they move... to OKLAHOMA of all places... yeah, I'm looking at you JD.