Is This Accurate?

FanofUNT

Is this right?

http://www.answers.com/topic/university-of-north-texas

Football

Main article: North Texas Mean Green football

"Founded in 1913, the football team has more conference championships then Texas A&M University and Texas Tech University. The Mean Green has won 8 Lone Star Conference championships, 5 Gulf Coast Conference championships, 5 Missouri Valley Conference championships, 2 Southland Conference championships and most recently, 4 consecutive Sun Belt Conference championships.[8] The team also appeared in a total of 6 bowl games, winning 2, most recently the New Orleans Bowl in 2002. The new head coach, Todd Dodge, left Southlake Carroll High School with an 89-6 record and finished his third consecutive unbeaten season in 2006.

Since 1951, home football games have been played at Fouts Field, a stadium with a current capacity of 30,500. Plans for a new stadium are in the works but no start date for construction has been made."

I am sure most don't even know this is posted on Fouts Field

I used to be written across the front of the pressbox. I haven't turned around a looked this year to check. If you were sitting on the Student side it should have been very visible. Of course, students had to be sitting IN THE STADUM so maybe the one's who go to games know and the one's who just tailgate don't.

A lot of those conference championships were in the distant past. In the last fifteen years we have only had four winning seasons. By the time this season is over I believe that it will be four out of the last sixteen years - or roughly twenty five per cent. That is just not okay. It is certainly nothing to be proud of.