Who Hasn't Played So Far This Season?

eulessismore

Of course this is all just my opinion, but now is not the time to worry about holding someone off the field for the sake of keeping their "red shirt". The rest of the season must be about trying our damnedest to win football games. Likewise, if someone has little chance of playing at their current position (Daniel Meager on special teams or as safety? I hear he's fast), I say give them a shot where there's a need.

I don't believe Tevinn Cantly has played so far; he said when he committed he didn't want to be redshirted. In high school he played O-line, as well as defensive end and defensive tackle (correct me if it was really nose guard or tackle). I'd like to see him on the D-line to see if he could get a pass rush. Inexperienced, maybe, but how else does a guy get experience? This is based on my theory that a pass rush is what we're most lacking.

I haven't noticed yet... but has Troy Franklin played? or is he red shirted?

One thing I have been happy about... Cam Montgomery and Lance Dunbar have been much better than last season's RB duo. I hope to see them get better in conference play.

Yes, Franklin has played, but it seems like less as the season has gone along. Anyone know why?

I question the wisdom of removing any redshirts in this disaster of a year. Why would you want to waste a year of eligibility of players that are probably not ready or else they would have already seen the field? I would also redshirt people like Drake and Jenkins that might be help this year but why not save a year of eligibility.

I question the wisdom of removing any redshirts in this disaster of a year. Why would you want to waste a year of eligibility of players that are probably not ready or else they would have already seen the field? I would also redshirt people like Drake and Jenkins that might be help this year but why not save a year of eligibility.

I think even a worst disaster than what we have so far is giving up on the rest of the season. I'm only suggesting we burn someone's redshirt if that person can help be seen as helping us win. Plus, what of players who can't expect to play at their position? Matt Philips, Daniel Meager? Aren't they known for some athleticism?

Of course this is all just my opinion, but now is not the time to worry about holding someone off the field for the sake of keeping their "red shirt". The rest of the season must be about trying our damnedest to win football games. Likewise, if someone has little chance of playing at their current position (Daniel Meager on special teams or as safety? I hear he's fast), I say give them a shot where there's a need.

I don't believe Tevinn Cantly has played so far; he said when he committed he didn't want to be redshirted. In high school he played O-line, as well as defensive end and defensive tackle (correct me if it was really nose guard or tackle). I'd like to see him on the D-line to see if he could get a pass rush. Inexperienced, maybe, but how else does a guy get experience? This is based on my theory that a pass rush is what we're most lacking.

I second that suggestion. My guy has offered to play on special teams, and since he is the third fastest player on the team, why not let him? If he gets hurt it won't effect his ability to stand on the sidelines with his red hat on...sending in signals.....which most defenses seemed to have figured out by now.

GET DANIEL INTO THE GAME!

Edited by SilverEagle

Lets give some of our walkons a chance. Chase Baine the former QB at Lake Dallas. Coach Dodge has him playing WR. He put up huge numbers at LaKe Dallas. Let Vizza or Dodge throw him some passes. and see what he can do after the catch.

yeah i played against this guy in high school. he's a pretty good athlete.

I think even a worst disaster than what we have so far is giving up on the rest of the season. I'm only suggesting we burn someone's redshirt if that person can help be seen as helping us win. Plus, what of players who can't expect to play at their position? Matt Philips, Daniel Meager? Aren't they known for some athleticism?

Canly played defensive tackle for only a few games in high school, do you really think he would be a big help? I am a big fan of Meager because I think he was just as good if not better than Vizza last year and got a bum deal when he was replaced. However, it does not make sense to me to play seniors over underclassmen now unless they are definitely better. Frankly, you have to have some faith in the coaches because few fans see enough of the practices to really know who can play and who is injured. I would have expected to see more of Ross, Scoggins, and Desoto at defensive tackles but either they have injury problems or just have not impressed the coaches.

I actually think that NT has talent at linebacker and in the defensive backfield, but it is obvious that the experience is lacking. They are playing the young players out of necessity more than anything because outside of Bush and Nwigwe there are few seasoned upperclassmen. I also believe that the offensive line may be the strongest part of the team right now. I like most are very confused about the wide receiver positions. With about a dozen receivers on ship, NT is using at least three walk-ons and a QB at those positions. Lewis, a receiver that was expected to substantially contribute was apparently switched to defensive back. Beece Johnson has been little used and Evan Walker to my knowledge has never played.

As far as giving up on the season, I certainly think it is still way to early for that. Therefore, it is not the time to give up on players that have earned the right to play in the coaches opinions or to rush players on the field in the wild hope that they may be better. The coaches are constantly evaluated players and with the play so far, I am sure that there will continue to be personnel changes.