Unt-rice Coverage

Brett Vito

“[Rice head coach David Bailiff] told me that he was sorry that it got out of hand,” Dodge said. “It told him he didn’t need to apologize to me. If we can’t catch a punt or hold onto a kickoff, that is our own problem. They are good enough without us handing it to them.”

You know, this would have been a great time for Bailiff to remind Coach Dodge about the comment that he made after he was hired here that "Coaching is Coaching, and it really doesn't matter where you get your experience".

I bet a lot of up-and-coming 1-AA and Div II head coaches who didn't get a shot at the North Texas job are having a big laugh over this game.

Didn't Bailiff and Dodge start their D-1 coaching jobs at the same time?

Edited by SilverEagle

“[Rice head coach David Bailiff] told me that he was sorry that it got out of hand,” Dodge said. “It told him he didn’t need to apologize to me. If we can’t catch a punt or hold onto a kickoff, that is our own problem. They are good enough without us handing it to them.”

You know, this would have been a great time for Bailiff to remind Coach Dodge about the comment that he made after he was hired here that "Coaching is Coaching, and it really doesn't matter where you get your experience".

I bet a lot of up-and-coming 1-AA and Div II head coaches who didn't get a shot at the North Texas job are having a big laugh over this game.

Uh, you ever heard of the internet?

One of them had a laugh on a radio show last year - why should they stop now?

Baliff took over a team coming off a bowl season(school/alumni have money and has a decent stadium), Dodge took over a team coming off back-to-back 9 loss seasons(school/alumni have less money/interest in university and a decent track&field stadium that is sometimes used for football). They didn't exactly step into the same shoes.

Baliff took over a team coming off a bowl season(school/alumni have money and has a decent stadium), Dodge took over a team coming off back-to-back 9 loss seasons(school/alumni have less money/interest in university and a decent track&field stadium that is sometimes used for football). They didn't exactly step into the same shoes.

Very true.

Oh really. Is that why Bailiff was out in the middle of the Rice campus on a Friday giving away slices of Pizza to students and encouraging them to come to the first home game? Because he had such a great situation.

Rice also got beat by a SBC team and then got jilted by their coach. Not an ideal situation for any coach to come into.

Oh really. Is that why Bailiff was out in the middle of the Rice campus on a Friday giving away slices of Pizza to students and encouraging them to come to the first home game? Because he had such a great situation.

Rice also got beat by a SBC team and then got jilted by their coach. Not an ideal situation for any coach to come into.

Funny, I was at the game and don't remember seeing a track around the field or 13 generators providing power to it. I also remember something about "if you meet a North Texas alum, be sure to tip your waiter". But you're right, Todd Graham left the program in ruins before bolting to Tulsa.

Also, do you find it funny that we were so excited about a rotation receiver at Rice coming here to be one of our stars? I guess that doesn't indicate we were in sad shape.

Edited by Cr1028