I'm Convinced, For Sure Now!

Will to Win

After the SWT coach called timeout twice to "ice" our kicker, I would have pulled up and thrown it in the endzone. Just to spite him. If you want to play like that, we'll put up 7 instead. (Actually probably more like 6 since extra points are apparently the new 2-point conversion.)

Actually when we hired TD that's the kind of coach I thought we were getting. Somebody who isn't afraid to take some chances like that. And the 2 point conversion comment was hilarious. Except that... It's true... :unsure:

What scares me is you may be right, the coaching staff is doing the best they can. Do you really think Rice's talent is so much better than NT, that they had to try hard not to score over a hundred? I would think even the most casual football fan would recognize that no talent gap could account for the beatings, NT has taken over the last two years. No, NT does not have adequate talent at this point, but NT's talent level is not nearly as bad as the disparity in scores would indicate. It is plain to me, that NT has a "not ready for prime time" coaching staff starting at the top. Do you really think a college HC that is surprised at the speed of the game and started with the most inexperienced coaching staff in ages at the 1a level was ready to be a head coach.

IMO, what NT has now is a team with overall mediocre level Belt talent that has no confidence in themselves or their coaching staff. TD will most likely get all his contract years to turn this thing around if for no other reason then NT can't afford to eat another contract. My hope is that the coaching staff can ultimately grow into their positions. I think that Dodge does have the fire and intellect to be a great success and hopefully he can reach that level at NT.

This is really a coaching issue, in my opinion. Talent is an issue as well...for sure, but we were much more competitive even when we were div 1AA under the likes of Corky Nelson....since I have been following UNT football since Frys' days, I'll have to say...overall... I have not seen worse during the last 4 yrs, especially, the last 2 yrs under Dodge....I left the game in 3rd Qtr....just too damn painful to watch anymore.