Not Getting The New Stadium...

NCMeanGreen

...doesn't seem like a bad idea now. What a f'in embarassment we have made ourselves. This football program sucks, and I think this now vindicates those (like me) that have always thought hiring a HS football coach was a VERY BAD idea.

My one hope is that Todd Dodge will now get off his frickin' high horse and take some responsibility. NO it is not the stadium or other facilities, NO it is not the players, NO it is not <In sert any one of his prior excuses here>...it is the COACHING!!! :angry:

As I have said in prior postings...STOP WITH THE DANG EXCUSES AND START COACHING!!! :angry:

Todd Dodge has been given too many free passes. He has ridden the whole SLC thing for all it is worth. Well, his true nature and abilities have now been exposed. He has no more excuses that seem reasonable. Even with bad talent this type of loss should not have been possible.

I now cannot argue with all of the posters that say SLC most likely could beat us. In the least they can certainly hang with us...

Anyone concerned with all of those players leaving the program at the beginning of the season now??? Why was that not really discussed??? Why is TD never challenged.

If he were an honorable man (as so many have suggested) he would be truthful and admit that he IS in over his head and not make excuses.

But, he is afforded that protection from reality because that same reality proves that no one really cares...save a few REALLY naive and (most likely) highly intoxicated few.

BTW...my apologies to Brett Vito for ever challenging him on his honest journalism. He, obviously, saw this train wreck coming.

It does beg the question, though: Have the players given up on this coaching staff??? I, for one, have...

To suggest dropping football or not get a new stadium is just stupid. Should Arkansas drop football because they lost 52-10, or UCLA after they lost 59-0 to BYU? We all feel depressed about the program right now but take the gun out of your hand!

Edited by NT80

...doesn't seem like a bad idea now. What a f'in embarassment we have made ourselves. This football program sucks, and I think this now vindicates those (like me) that have always thought hiring a HS football coach was a VERY BAD idea.

My one hope is that Todd Dodge will now get off his frickin' high horse and take some responsibility. NO it is not the stadium or other facilities, NO it is not the players, NO it is not <In sert any one of his prior excuses here>...it is the COACHING!!! :angry:

As I have said in prior postings...STOP WITH THE DANG EXCUSES AND START COACHING!!! :angry:

Todd Dodge has been given too many free passes. He has ridden the whole SLC thing for all it is worth. Well, his true nature and abilities have now been exposed. He has no more excuses that seem reasonable. Even with bad talent this type of loss should not have been possible.

I now cannot argue with all of the posters that say SLC most likely could beat us. In the least they can certainly hang with us...

Anyone concerned with all of those players leaving the program at the beginning of the season now??? Why was that not really discussed??? Why is TD never challenged.

If he were an honorable man (as so many have suggested) he would be truthful and admit that he IS in over his head and not make excuses.

But, he is afforded that protection from reality because that same reality proves that no one really cares...save a few REALLY naive and (most likely) highly intoxicated few.

BTW...my apologies to Brett Vito for ever challenging him on his honest journalism. He, obviously, saw this train wreck coming.

It does beg the question, though: Have the players given up on this coaching staff??? I, for one, have...

Wow, I thought I was knee-jerking this morning... Is this Mike Rhyner joining the board?

To suggest dropping football or not get a new stadium is just stupid. Should Arkansas drop football because they lost 52-10, or UCLA after they lost 59-0 to BYU? We all feel depressed about the program right now but take the gun out of your hand!

there is a good chance that if we don't get the new stadium football will be dropped.

There is a good chance that the average student will find it pointless to get a new stadium for such a bad program.

There could be a greater impact of our suckiness that will last longer than just this season.

Edited by Travis

This type of talk is just CRAP! Sounds like a defeatist attitude to me. TD HAS taken responsibility for the team's level of play. YES, the state of UNT football at the moment is pretty poor, but I am going to take the approach that UNT has "officially hit bottom" and now is on the way up. It is going to be a rough road, but it will lead to better times. BUT, just when the team and program needs its fans the most is not the time to start crying and start surrendering! It is time to rally around the program and show that UNT has GREAT fans and has support to get the job done.

Time to look in the mirror and decide...are you behing the program or not? Either way, your call, but for me...I choose the former. GO MEAN GREEN...no surrender here!

BUT, yes it was one BAD game...absolutely terrible against RICE...but, get over it...there is another GAME next week. You do realize that it is a game, right?

GO MEAN GREEN!

Drop football??? My God, folks... it's one thing to make such comments in jest after a bad loss, but this is not what we need to be posting right now, especially when dropping football is a distinct possibility if the stadium vote fails.

IF the stadium vote were to fail, which that is a big IF, the University of North Texas is NOT going to drop their football program. Folks get real. They are not going to drop the program because a group of students say no. Seriously.

RV talking on a stadium interview said we would need another facility regardless of the vote outcome in 7-8 years max (life remaining in Fouts). I take that to mean if no new stadium vote this time that we just try again, or the SGA override it, or the BOR override it, but there will be football and a new stadium at NT eventually, fans or no fans remaining! :P

Edited by NT80

RV talking on a stadium interview said we would need another facility regardless of the vote outcome in 7-8 years max (life remaining in Fouts). I take that to mean if no new stadium vote this time that we just try again, or the SGA override it, or the BOR override it, but there will be football and a new stadium at NT eventually, fans or no fans remaining! :P

Exactly. One way or the other we will have a new stadium and a football program. Dr. B herself has said she realizes the need for both in this state and she seems to be from those who work with her as a go getter.