Peaks And Valleys

island eagle

As one who took time off from dealing with a storm-damaged home in Galveston to come to the game, I feel I have to say something about what is arguably one of the worst games I have ever seen from a North Texas team.

I've been a Mean Green fan since the early 60's and have been through a number of valleys and peaks with this team over the years. I have to say that this is the deepest, darkest valley I have ever seen. I sure hope that the darkest hour does come right before the dawn, because we really need to see something positive soon!

From my perspective, I will never abandon the program. I've shed too many blood, sweat and tears over it to quit now. But, if I don't see dramatic improvement between now and the middle of next season, I will be joining an anti-TD lynch mob. I don't want to do it and hope I don't have to, but folks, we have got to see something turn around. If TD can't get the ship righted and headed in the proper direction by next October, then we may just have to find someone who can.

As I said, I hope it doesn't come to that. I'm willing to bear through this lost and forgettable season, but this staff needs to get something positive in place by the end of next September or just admit that they are not up to the job.

That's all I am going to say on the subject. I'll support the team this year regardless of what transpires and will be hoping to see some good recruits and competition in the spring and early next fall. Now it is up to those in charge to make it happen!