High School Games At The New Stadium

Green Dozer

I do not think we have much of chance getting high school playoff games at the new stadium. My understanding is that TX Stadium charges little, if any, for high schools to play their games there. TX Stadium keeps most of the gate, concessions, and parking. Since management will stay the same at the new Cowboys stadium, I think the games will move there. Who can blame a kid for wanting to play on the same field as the Cowboys, and I am sure high school coaches use it as motivation.

What I am proposing is similar to the Tom Landry Classic at Ford. We could call it the "Joe Greene Mean Green Classic". We could invite Oak Cliff or Dallas Carter to play Houston Madison or Houston Yates. Then maybe a Oklahoma high school to play a Texas high school, say Denton Ryan against Ardmore. Heck, we could even invite a couple of six man teams to play as well. It would be a good way to get some prospects, both recruits and walk ons, along with bands, parents, etc. to connect with North Texas. This would be good for the City of Denton, if we could get them to wake up and smell the opportunities this would bring to them.

An afterthought to my post, we could host the Div. III championship or even a junior college championship game. Just thinking!