How Important Is The Rice Game?

Smitty

I don't think this is a must win, but I do believe it is extremely important for the team to be competitive. After the bad ending to 2007 (FIU) and the steps backward the program took against K-State and Tulsa, I thought the Mean Green took a step forward against LSU. Maybe a small step, but you got to start somewhere. Now the Mean Green needs to show improvement in successive weeks. After the rollercoaster 2007 season, UNT needs some consistency.

The obvious goal is to win, and I agree that this is a game UNT can win. We're not talking about a top-25 program in Rice. The only satisfying result is a win.

But there are other goals. First, UNT at least needs to be competitive. After what Troy did against Ohio State, it will be very disappointing if UNT doesn't still have a legitimate chance to win entering the fourth quarter.

Some other goals:

Score at least 21-24 points.

Hold Rice under 35 points. We've got to start doing that.

Get a couple of turnovers and a QB sack.

Improve on special teams.

Any other thoughts?

Will be interesting to see if we make progress at all this year on ST.

I like to think Royce Hill will eat Dillard in pre-game warm ups, and no one will notice except Dunbar who was counting on some extra protein for energy.

Vizza has seem "contained" this year. Perhaps tomorrow he'll put down the croche sticks and take a few shots downfield, then play origami with the bones of the Rice LB corps.

Micah will be back and we can always count on him to fall forward for the extra 4 yards. Cam can only continue to impress because even with a 30 point deficit at half, we'll be happy to have him run wild outside the hashes for the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Will Roberson finally break out? No, I don't mean his skin. That would taste yuck.

Can someone who has on the field access tell Nwigwe that foozball is for the Devil?

Todd Graham will be one more head mounted on DeLoach's trophy wall when this game is over. Bank it, bitches.

Edited by greenminer