Merchandise At Away Games

FireFightnJoey

Are there any vendors that come down for the away games? Curious if there will be any merchandising at the game. I want to buy the wife a few things and its too late to order them and get them before the game.

Speaking of which, sucks being here in H-Town, you have to buy everything when you go to Denton or order it online. A couple of the folks coming to their first NT games (non-alums) want to go shopping tonight at the mall or something for some NT gear to wear. I told them, you'll have to settle for buying something green. Nothing sold around here that I know of.

Speaking of which, sucks being here in H-Town, you have to buy everything when you go to Denton or order it online. A couple of the folks coming to their first NT games (non-alums) want to go shopping tonight at the mall or something for some NT gear to wear. I told them, you'll have to settle for buying something green. Nothing sold around here that I know of.

Yes but you can find plenty of LSU garb.

And I by garb i probably mean garbage.

Edited by Eagle1855

Are there any vendors that come down for the away games? Curious if there will be any merchandising at the game. I want to buy the wife a few things and its too late to order them and get them before the game.

I found a North Texas long sleeve t-shirt last fall at the Dave and Barry's on the west side of town. Not sure what the mall is called, but it is in the Westheimer/Hwy 6 area. Not the best area, but I was over there working on a project and stopped in to see if they had anything. There is a new Dave and Barry's at Louetta and Kuykendahl, so you might try there.

FFJ - maybe the Athletic Dept. will have merchandise for sale at the reception tonight or at the tailgate tomorrow? It's probably too late to call anyone...

Lifer - I bought the last one of those long sleeve t-shirts at the Dave & Barry's at Katy Mills during the sales-tax-free weekend in August. It's dark green, and just says "NORTH TEXAS" in black letters, right? I asked to speak to the manager to tell him to get more NT merchandise, not knowing that Dave & Barry's is in bankruptcy. So... if they're in bankruptcy, and supposedly going to close, how did they open a new store???

KRAM1 - no, I think Lifer was either talking about either West Oaks or Katy Mills. But speaking of Gallerias, you know that Houston had theirs long before Dallas, don't you?

A memorable moment: in 1980, when we played UH in the 'Dome (I just looked it up - in fact, it was Sep 27!), the Marching band was given several hours in the afternoon to check out the Galleria. A few dozen members went to the ice skating rink, and someone got the idea to line up in forrmation (no instruments, of course). As was the way we did things back then, the drum major yelled "BAND ATTEN!", and everyone stood at attention and answered: "N T S U Band!" We had a great time, and it turned quite a few heads!

Close KRAM, but Lifer is talking about West Oaks Mall, the Galleria is at 610 and Westheimer. West Oaks is way too far for me to go. I'll try the Steve and Barry's at Louetta and Kuykendahl. Hope there is atleast one vendor at the game.

FFJ - maybe the Athletic Dept. will have merchandise for sale at the reception tonight or at the tailgate tomorrow? It's probably too late to call anyone...

KRAM1 - no, I think Lifer was either talking about either West Oaks or Katy Mills. But speaking of Gallerias, you know that Houston had theirs long before Dallas, don't you?

I've shopped at both Gallerias and comparing the two is like night and day. The Houston Galleria is, hands down, the better of the two by a huge margin.

Guest JohnDenver

I've shopped at both Gallerias and comparing the two is like night and day. The Houston Galleria is, hands down, the better of the two by a huge margin.

Oh, every city has a "Galleria" mall. As a kid I went to the one in LA...

A memorable moment: in 1980, when we played UH in the 'Dome (I just looked it up - in fact, it was Sep 27!), the Marching band was given several hours in the afternoon to check out the Galleria. A few dozen members went to the ice skating rink, and someone got the idea to line up in forrmation (no instruments, of course). As was the way we did things back then, the drum major yelled "BAND ATTEN!", and everyone stood at attention and answered: "N T S U Band!" We had a great time, and it turned quite a few heads!

I was at that game. It may have been my first trip to Houston and first out of town (DFW area) NT game. We should have won it. I recall three things: 1. how cool it was to be watching football indoors in air conditioning inside the Astrodome, 2. I was concerned their real cougar mascot was going to eat our Eagle mascot taunting him on the sidelines, and 3. how much traffic was still on Houston freeways at midnight.