A Check-up On An Old Foe Of Ours

BeanCounterGrad'03

For those that care (or that just want something new to read):

Because my dad graduated from UH, I grew up a Cougar fan and he flew up so that we could go to the game. Unfortunately, the game didn't quite come out the way we wanted, but it was a great game. Just a few observations:

- The whole town of Ft. Collins supports the university (athletics and all). Hopefully Denton will continue the trend of improving their support for both universities.

- The stadium gave me the impression of Fouts, only 20 years younger. Lots of concrete and aluminum bleachers. They just finished pouring tens of millions into the refurbishment of it, so the press box was much more impressive than ours, plus there was no track around the field. I was at about the goal line and it was still a great view. Can't wait to watch NT in our new stadium! I know I imagined it more than once during the game.

- The attendance was good, but not great. Box score said 21,500 and that looked about dead on. The student side was about 80% full (the stands are smaller than our student side) and they were loud and into the game. They had a cool tradition of "crowd surfing" ladies after every score. They'd just get them up in a crowd surfing position and then just repeatedly toss them in the air (maybe not so cool, but it looked cool from across the stadium.

Overall it was a good experience and everyone was cordial (sp?). There was definitely great school spirit displayed by the CSU fans that I hope NT can reach (very attainable...I don't think we are too far behind in that aspect, it just takes time coming from where we came...historically speaking).

Just some of my thoughts...take them for what they're worth.

Go Mean Green!!!