***Rice Game Watching Event At Pourhouse This Saturday***

Harry

Get there early to guarantee the best seats! You must tell them you are with GoMeanGreen.com to get the drink specials. Same drink specials as LSU:

2.50 wells

2.50 domestic pints

2.50 margaritas

I know a lot are making the trip to Houston but for those that aren't please make plans to watch it at the official sports grill of GoMeanGreen.com Pourhouse!

SWEEEEET!!! By the way my last experience at the Pourhouse was outstanding. Great setup, great staff. I realized I need to get there early because I showed up a bit late with all the kids and they sat me at a booth with a view of the ohio state game only. I complained to a waitress and about 2 minutes later was moved to a (basically) private booth with our own 32" LCD TV! I made sure to give a nice tip. :)

Thanks for the feedback Stan. They really try their very best to cater to us and I promise you it will only get better with time. One other thing, they had to use a projector image last time because they had two bulbs blowout right before the game started. Those bulbs have been replaced and the image you will see for the Rice game will be fantastic/crystal clear. Soundman Eric feel free to chime in here with the technical specifics ;-)

Anyway I encourage everyone not driving or flying to Houston to make Pourhouse your home starting this Saturday. The drink specials they are offering GoMeanGreen fans makes it a really good bargain.

SWEEEEET!!! By the way my last experience at the Pourhouse was outstanding. Great setup, great staff. I realized I need to get there early because I showed up a bit late with all the kids and they sat me at a booth with a view of the ohio state game only. I complained to a waitress and about 2 minutes later was moved to a (basically) private booth with our own 32" LCD TV! I made sure to give a nice tip. :)

Because of your good feedback, I think I will try and take my wife there for dinner saturday for the game.

I have a few thoughts on this.

First, thank you to both the Pourhouse and to whomever from gomeangreen.com has put these events together. The venue for the LSU game watching party was outstanding.

One comment though, and I don't know if there really is an easy remedy. There were other games being shown on the side screens (which I don't really have a problem with because I like to watch other games during breaks in the action). The problem was that because other games started slightly ahead of the North Texas game most of the 'prime' seats were already taken by people who were there to watch other games.

The result was that many of the fans that came to the North Texas Game Party didn't have seating available and wound up sitting in other parts of the restaurant.

I know it's a business and the Pourhouse wants to treat all their customers as best possible, but is there any way this can be fixed without inconveniencing anybody? Will a 4:00 start make it possible to direct non-UNT fans to other areas of the restaurant?

And a note about the picture quality, it looked great for the LSU game. I can only imagine how good it will be for the Rice game.

Thanks again.

Because of your good feedback, I think I will try and take my wife there for dinner saturday for the game.

It's the best ever arrangement that I have ever seen for 'sports bar' dining. It has dining booths in a tiered theatre setting.

I was shocked at how nice the facility actually is.

I have a few thoughts on this.

First, thank you to both the Pourhouse and to whomever from gomeangreen.com has put these events together. The venue for the LSU game watching party was outstanding.

One comment though, and I don't know if there really is an easy remedy. There were other games being shown on the side screens (which I don't really have a problem with because I like to watch other games during breaks in the action). The problem was that because other games started slightly ahead of the North Texas game most of the 'prime' seats were already taken by people who were there to watch other games.

The result was that many of the fans that came to the North Texas Game Party didn't have seating available and wound up sitting in other parts of the restaurant.

I know it's a business and the Pourhouse wants to treat all their customers as best possible, but is there any way this can be fixed without inconveniencing anybody? Will a 4:00 start make it possible to direct non-UNT fans to other areas of the restaurant?

And a note about the picture quality, it looked great for the LSU game. I can only imagine how good it will be for the Rice game.

Thanks again.

Adler

I talked with Nick, the owner, my brother about this very thing this past weekend. You hit the nail on the head. It is a tricky situation with running a business etc. I think in reality there are 2 solutions. One GMG fans etc rent contract to rent the room out at a certain guarantee. Or that people just get there super early. As someone with a small child the latter is hard.

We couldn't think of a solution that makes sense to everyone but I think they are willing to entertain the best ideas.

We ran into the same situation with the coaches show,wit the Ath Dept reserving a majority of the seats.

Adler

I talked with Nick, the owner, my brother about this very thing this past weekend. You hit the nail on the head. It is a tricky situation with running a business etc. I think in reality there are 2 solutions. One GMG fans etc rent contract to rent the room out at a certain guarantee. Or that people just get there super early. As someone with a small child the latter is hard.

We couldn't think of a solution that makes sense to everyone but I think they are willing to entertain the best ideas.

We ran into the same situation with the coaches show,wit the Ath Dept reserving a majority of the seats.

Had an interesting experience for the US Open Playoff. Went to Pourhouse to watch it on the big screen, but some guy and his buddies had reserved it for the World Championships in soccer. Was I aggravated, you bet, but I must say if I was those soccer guys, I would have expected Pourhouse to keep their word. What I am saying is, Pourhouse does its best and I would hate to have to juggle what they do, especially with sports fans.

Had an interesting experience for the US Open Playoff. Went to Pourhouse to watch it on the big screen, but some guy and his buddies had reserved it for the World Championships in soccer. Was I aggravated, you bet, but I must say if I was those soccer guys, I would have expected Pourhouse to keep their word. What I am saying is, Pourhouse does its best and I would hate to have to juggle what they do, especially with sports fans.

It may get nasty Saturday there with Mean Green fans trying to take over from Horn and Hog fans entrenched.

Adler

Thanks for the reply. It's certainly a sticky situation because I doubt the Pourhouse wants to upset either group.

What about putting all the televisions in another area tuned to the UT game and directing those fans there. That way they'll have sound for their game. If they have to watch it without sound in the "UNT" room, they will wish that they had just stayed at home, and that's not good for future business.

Edited by ADLER