Rice Vs Nt...who Has Rice Played

OldTimer

game 1 Rice beat SMU 56-27 SMU has won 1 lost 3...only win Texas State 36-47

2 Rice beat Memphis 42-35 Memphis has won 1 lost 3..only win over Nichols State 10-31

3 Rice lost to Vanderbilt 21-38 Vanderbilt has won 4 lost 1

4 Rice lost to UT 10-52 UT undefeated. I saw most of this game on TV

What does this tell me...Rice can score points against AA teams and teams that are not so potent so far this year.

Rice can be scored upon

This game will be either very close or a blowout...can go either way...NT, with the exception of Rice's UT game...has played tougher opponents in Tulsa, LSU and Kansas State. This could be the game the NT offense breaks lose and our defense rises to the front. If only special teams doesn't do us in.

THIS GAME WILL BE BROADCAST ON TV CHANNEL 21 IN THE DFW METROPLEX AT 4:00 THIS SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T MAKE THE TRIP TO HOUSTON.

What does this tell me...Rice can score points against AA teams and teams that are not so potent so far this year.

Rice can be scored upon

Rice has a very potent passing game. They will score, and they will move the football. Dillard is a stud, and Clement is very accurate. If UNT's secondary does not bring their best game, Clement will torch them.

Rice can be had with the blitz, as Clement did not tend to run up the middle much, and Texas exploited this Saturday in the second half. UNT needs to get good pressure from the DL. The Rice DL has some quickness, and can disrupt the running game. Their special teams are average, maybe a bit better.

Rice has a very potent passing game. They will score, and they will move the football. Dillard is a stud, and Clement is very accurate. If UNT's secondary does not bring their best game, Clement will torch them.

Rice can be had with the blitz, as Clement did not tend to run up the middle much, and Texas exploited this Saturday in the second half. UNT needs to get good pressure from the DL. The Rice DL has some quickness, and can disrupt the running game. Their special teams are average, maybe a bit better.

You also forget how great their utility player in Casey is.... I expect all three of them to have a big game against us.

You also forget how great their utility player in Casey is.... I expect all three of them to have a big game against us.

I really can't understand why people are giving up on this game. Rice has nowhere near the athletes of ANY of our three opponents. We showed progress and fight against LSU. A little creative defense and blitzing by DeLoach and we're definitely in the hunt in this one. I think our team has a different opinion of this game than those on this board. At least I hope so.

Does it concern anyone else in watching Rice Saturday night as to how good of an athlete Chase Clement is? He looked fast a few times he broke the LOS saturday against the Horns.

On a side note, Chase Clement was the QB at Alamo Heights before Giovanni Vizza's tenure. Should be a good game Saturday in Houston, and hopefully we bring a large Mean Green contingent down there to root the Mean Green to a victory.

I really can't understand why people are giving up on this game. Rice has nowhere near the athletes of ANY of our three opponents. We showed progress and fight against LSU. A little creative defense and blitzing by DeLoach and we're definitely in the hunt in this one. I think our team has a different opinion of this game than those on this board. At least I hope so.

Not giving up on UNT at all. Just replying to "who has Rice played". Rice has probably their best team since the bowl team a couple years ago. They are a decent team. I think UNT can win the game, but they will have to play well.

Well I for one, really expected us to be able to move the football versus KSU and that didn't happen. In fact, it wasn't even close. Then I thought for sure we would still be somewhat in the game versus Tulsa and it a disaster by the half. In my heart I want to believe we have a chance, but Tulsa threw the ball to wide open WR after wide open WR all game long, and I just don't think Rice will have much trouble doing the same. The line does give me some hope, as I figured Rice would be favored by at the very least 20 points.

It blew me away how well Rice did in the first year of the spread, a year after being an option-based offense. That's so rare, and I don't know if we'll ever see it again?

Then again, Fentriss said after he transferred that we were further along in our first spring game than Rice was in their first spring game.

And, although it has no bearing on current players/games, Rice is something like 2-5 all time against current SBC members.

Regarding us: I've never seen such lack of point production coincide with such great o-line play. We're so weird that way.

Then again, Fentriss said after he transferred that we were further along in our first spring game than Rice was in their first spring game.

When was the last time you heard a player of their team say something like "we are behind where my last team was at this point" or something of the sort. It is kind of like the coach who is favored by 500 points talking up his opponent.