Ad Rick Villarreal To Speak

greenjoe

Rick will be our guest speaker next Wednesday, Sept 24. We meet at 6:30AM ( that's right AM) at the Luby's on I-35E. It's next to the Albertson's and behind Chili's and the Blackeyed Pea. The meeting is usually over by 7:45 but for sure by 8:00. Breakfast cost is $7. If you want to come, let me know so I can tell Luby's.

There will be an oportunity for Q and A

Owl...the other white meat

GO MEAN GREEN

As promised, Rick Villarreal spoke at Kiwanis this morning. He was outstanding. He spoke of the stadium and the student senate vote. But he also talked about what a yes vote, or more especially, a no vote would mean to the University, city and county. The very well written article by David Anderson in this morning's D R-C was also something RV refered to. Though not by name. It never occurred to me that only 120 communities have a D-1 football program. San Antonio doesn't. Amarillo doesn't. Oklahoma City doesn't. Sherevepost, LA. doesn't. What Denton has would be coveted by many fairly large US cities. RV talked about other successes that NT Athletics has had. Basketball, soccer, swimming/diving. Tennis. He never used a note and probably could have talked all day. I was proud.

PS. We sponsor a Circle K Club at UNT. There were about 6 or 8 members present this morning. Rick spoke to them. As if they could vote. Oh yeah...they can.

Edited by greenjoe

UNT's Circle K was great when I was there. I got to visit with them a few times and talk about leadership and volunteer principles. They are (or at least were) as active and capable as most groups with 10 or more times their membership.