Big Plays

Dodge2007

Take away big plays and this game could be close. Team is playing hard. Offensive can throw but no running game as usual.

north texas had over 200 yards rushing against tulsa....i wouldn't say no running game as usual. yes, they are struggling tonight, but that hasn't been the case so far this year.

Take away the huge and explosive plays and this could have been a close game. Penaties at crucial times hurt as did a few drops. LSU blitz packages were tremendous. They out chessed matched us tonight on several big offensive series. Running game cannot get us a first down in 2 or 3 in short, never.

If you're a team that can blitz all game long, then that should be your gameplan when playing us.

0 sacks. Blitzes weren't that great. When's the last time we had that kind of protection against a top ten team?

True, they didn't get any sacks, but they rushed the pass many, many times.

That will happen to every team lsu plays this year

Edited by DirtySavage

Take away the big plays.... :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Gee, that's novel idea. Anyone know how to do that? I mean, on the current coaching staff anyway?

Now, as others have pointed out to me on this board, I'm not a football coach. It's true. Therefore, my analysis may be skewed here. After all, I'm the only poster on this site who isn't a coach. However, I'll give it a shot.

The way to "take away big plays," in my admittedly non-coaching eyes, is to:

(1) Have your defensive backs actually cover opposing receivers,

(2) Tackle the ball carriers - whether they are handed or thrown the ball,

(3) And, sprinkle in a few guys on the special teams units who can tackle opposing punt and kick returners

...and stuff.

Again, I'm no coach...but....

Hmmm. Gee, that's novel idea. Anyone know how to do that? I mean, on the current coaching staff anyway?

Now, as others have pointed out to me on this board, I'm not a football coach. It's true. Therefore, my analysis may be skewed here. After all, I'm the only poster on this site who isn't a coach. However, I'll give it a shot.

(3) And, sprinkle in a few guys on the special teams units who can tackle opposing punt and kick returners

...and stuff.

that makes two of us that aren't coaches but wouldnt it make sense to punt as far away from that little fast bastard as possible. Punt it at the damn band if you have to.

...and stuff.

Whatever...Kenny Evans. :P

...and stuff.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm sitting on a branch.

Just a hunch.

Whatever...Kenny Evans. :P

Poor Kenny. The RiverHawks are off to an 0-3 start as well:

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/sports/loca..._258012141.html

By the way, not to highjack the thread, but why do all football teams who were bullied into giving up their Indian-themed names default to something including Wolves, Hawks, and Storms. I mean, does the NCAA pull them aside and say, "Looky here, NSU, the term 'Redmen' won't do. Your punishment is to choose a name from among three things you may see while out hiking in the wild - the wolf, the hawk, and the rainstorm. Choose, racists!"