Stadium Branding Campaign

NM Green

Okay out on a hike this morning where your mind wanders from do I want a ham sandwich today, to WOW its a beautiful day, to might I witness a Mean Green miracle tonight, to do I have limes for my tecate?

Also, I thought about the stadium a lot! I am getting excited about the vibe I am hearing surrounding the stadium and the students. I sense there is a whole other fanbase waiting to be tapped and those are the eco-friendly Mean Green fans. Imagine a campaign titled "Unleash Your Green" where students all over campus can make suggestions about how to ensure our future UNT home is Green friendly and painted Mean Green on Saturdays in the fall. Unleash the ideas flowing all over that campus and allow them to be part of the building of the most eco-friendly stadium in the country. Its a natural fit to have an earth friendly structure on an earth conscious campus. There could be so many ideas captured regarding being "green" from the layout, materials used, toilets, lighting, tailgating set up and clean up, sponsor messaging, turf, maintenance, paint, concessions, gift shop packaging, gameday programs, promos, giveaways...I mean make this a project everyone can get into. Imagine the ideas! I work for a company building one of the largest eco-friendly resort projects in the world, due to open in December 2009. They market the heck out of the eco-friendly, green aspects of the plans.

Give that hidden fanbase a reason to join the Mean Green fandom - their WIFM.

GMG

Okay out on a hike this morning where your mind wanders from do I want a ham sandwich today, to WOW its a beautiful day, to might I witness a Mean Green miracle tonight, to do I have limes for my tecate?

Also, I thought about the stadium a lot! I am getting excited about the vibe I am hearing surrounding the stadium and the students. I sense there is a whole other fanbase waiting to be tapped and those are the eco-friendly Mean Green fans. Imagine a campaign titled "Unleash Your Green" where students all over campus can make suggestions about how to ensure our future UNT home is Green friendly and painted Mean Green on Saturdays in the fall. Unleash the ideas flowing all over that campus and allow them to be part of the building of the most eco-friendly stadium in the country. Its a natural fit to have an earth friendly structure on an earth conscious campus. There could be so many ideas captured regarding being "green" from the layout, materials used, toilets, lighting, tailgating set up and clean up, sponsor messaging, turf, maintenance, paint, concessions, gift shop packaging, gameday programs, promos, giveaways...I mean make this a project everyone can get into. Imagine the ideas! I work for a company building one of the largest eco-friendly resort projects in the world, due to open in December 2009. They market the heck out of the eco-friendly, green aspects of the plans.

Give that hidden fanbase a reason to join the Mean Green fandom - their WIFM.

GMG

I mentioned this on the stadium thread and it is a great idea and must be the focus of the campaign for not only the student vote but getting donors. You can't look anywhere without hearing about protecting our planet.

As for the students, if you want to get a bunch of people riled up to vote against this, tell them how a stadium will help the value of their degrees. This will only force them to vote against it because for a lot of them it won't. Say that to any Art History Major, Education Major, Music Major, Psychology Major etc. and they will say no it won't and they'd be right. Folks as much as you might think it helps you in the corporate world, in many of the fields where we have a lot of dedicated students at North Texas, the athletic department has zero affect on their future.

But a Green campaign is something everyone can get behind.

Well, you are on the same page as the AD... the brochure handed out on opening night state that the new stadium will be the first "Green" stadium and this is a GREAT idea given our student population. What a selling point! And we are the "Mean Green" :)

Oh and one more thing, as pathetic as this football program is, you better sell the stadium fee to students with something besides helping the football team, because that seems like a waste of money.