We Are Not Alone

emmitt01

The MWC is tough this year, Utah, BYU and TCU!

If I were in DFW I would be in Amon Carter next month or whenever they play to watch the froggies take on the Cougs! That is going to be one heck of a game!

GMG

Comparing UNT and UCLA is quite a stretch.

UCLA -- Opened 1881 as the Los Angeles State Normal School.

UNT -- Opened 1890 as the Texas Normal College and Teacher Training Institute.

UCLA -- 25,400 undergrads, 11,179 grads

UNT -- 27,300 undergrads, 6,845 grads

UCLA -- 419 acres

UNT -- 860 acres

UCLA -- Worst loss this season -- 59 points

UNT -- Worst loss this season -- 39 points

I think I'd better quit while I'm ahead.

UCLA -- Opened 1881 as the Los Angeles State Normal School.

UNT -- Opened 1890 as the Texas Normal College and Teacher Training Institute.

UCLA -- 25,400 undergrads, 11,179 grads

UNT -- 27,300 undergrads, 6,845 grads

UCLA -- 419 acres

UNT -- 860 acres

UCLA -- Worst loss this season -- 59 points

UNT -- Worst loss this season -- 39 points

I think I'd better quit while I'm ahead.

To even be debating this is unbelievable. Are you really comparing UCLA and UNT? UCLA has unlimited fan support, money, donors, athletics history compared to UNT. Not to mention academically they are a top tier university and a top school fo research. So what if their worst loss this year is higher than UNT's. That still does not change the fact that UNT is light years behind UCLA in just about every aspect imaginable in the things that really matter.

To even be debating this is unbelievable. Are you really comparing UCLA and UNT? UCLA has unlimited fan support, money, donors, athletics history compared to UNT. Not to mention academically they are a top tier university and a top school fo research. So what if their worst loss this year is higher than UNT's. That still does not change the fact that UNT is light years behind UCLA in just about every aspect imaginable in the things that really matter.

I do believe there needs to be an emoticon that I could have used to show my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek...hence the "I'd better quite while I'm ahead" remark at the end of the post.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

No, we are more of the San Jose State in this analogy. We just need for the North Texas region to secede from the rest of the state and then we won't have to be in the shadow of all the other state schools higher up the totem pole. What would Austin be without DFW? Can't they at least allow the region to have a superior public university? It is an absolute injustice. I would be happy if they'd just relegate Tech to inferior status. Lubbock??? You've got to be kidding me! What kind of choice is that???

With the great exception being: UNT is in Texas. Ucla is not.

I was gonna post that but thought I'd get $#!+ for it.

Here's the deal, though...look at all the teams getting the crap knocked outta them. Most have had a good game at some point already this season.

When's our turn? Really.