Fiu's New Stadium Is About To Open..

stebo

FIUOpenPracticeNewStadium036-vi.jpgLooks nice. Still not complete and I really am not sure how they will get it all done by opening day against USF, but nevertheless - looks very nice. They are starting off with only 23K seats and will expand up when needed. Here is a shot from their practice a night or two ago.

Actually, after look at all the pics - they will easily be able to expand across from the horseshoe type bowl... These stands must be temporary until the full stadium is needed. Check out the full album ,their luxury boxes are nice as well.

FIUOpenPracticeNewStadium044-vi.jpg

FIUOpenPracticeNewStadium043-vi.jpg

FULL Album link:

http://public.fotki.com/cubanprncs81/fiu_s...ce-i/page2.html

Edited by stebo

Dude, that is just the visiting fans side and it is not even the whole side. Look at this picture below, the stands that you are looking at are in the FAR right corner. And FIU just built it, they didn't get some silly student vote - they simply said - We are building a stadium and did it. I would take their stadium over Fouts ANY DAY.

FIUOpenPracticeNewStadium036-vi.jpg

Dude, that is just the visiting fans side and it is not even the whole side. Look at this picture below, the stands that you are looking at are in the FAR right corner. And FIU just built it, they didn't get some silly student vote - they simply said - We are building a stadium and did it. I would take their stadium over Fouts ANY DAY.

FIUOpenPracticeNewStadium036-vi.jpg

Look at the bracework on the right corner, an erector-set stadium. 23,000 quickly built Fouts endzone seats, built on the cheap. I want a quality stadium, not just something built overnight. Again, I've seen nicer high school stadiums. Why all the F-U lust?

Look at the bracework on the right corner, an erector-set stadium. 23,000 quickly built Fouts endzone seats, built on the cheap. I want a quality stadium, not just something built overnight. Again, I've seen nicer high school stadiums. Why all the F-U lust?

Because anything beats that dump called Fouts.

Eh, I guess that I am easily impressed. FIU hasn't won more than a handfull of games over the last 5 years and they are already building their second stadium (their first one was ust expanded a little - but it was a pretty big project to just knock down a few years later). To me that is impressive. This stadium is just a smaller version of the Central Florida one. And I agree with you about aesthetics, I prefer brick and mortar to the aluminum type of stadiums that FIU, UCF, Nevada, etc have... but you have to admire that they got it done with little fan support and very few wins. They now have a home and that is a start for them.

I like to see the Belt moving forward and this is another step forward for the Belt in my opinion. My heart is still with the Mean Green :)

This stadium is just a smaller version of the Central Florida one. And I agree with you about aesthetics, I prefer brick and mortar to the aluminum type of stadiums that FIU, UCF, Nevada, etc have... but you have to admire that they got it done with little fan support and very few wins. They now have a home and that is a start for them.

I like to see the Belt moving forward and this is another step forward for the Belt in my opinion. My heart is still with the Mean Green :)

I agree they have moved much faster then we have. Seems like all schools have. And I would love to get another home game with USF; nobody had heard of them when they played at Fouts last time. I think RV and the BOR have a nice facility planned for us but it is taking way too long for my impatience. :blink: