Nt V. Lsu

UNT_playmaker

I'm starting to brace myself for the outcome of this game considering how good LSU is this season and how below-par we have played in the first two games. The K-state and Tulsa game was against a top 40 team and a mid-major. This week we are playing the SEC powerhouse that is LSU which is a top 5 team in Baton Rouge. I was hoping that the game was going to get canceled or moved to a friendly atmosphere but it is confirmed that the game is going to be played in front of 90,000 in Baton Rouge.

K-State could have hung 80 or 90 points on us easily and Tulsa had almost 50 on us at Fouts at halftime. Im not even praying that it stays close but am hoping that we are not in the headlines for losing by the century mark. The entire game is in the hands of Les Miles and him allowing his Offensive Coordinator to play a fierce competitive game, if that is the case.

Brace yourselfs

I'm starting to brace myself for the outcome of this game considering how good LSU is this season and how below-par we have played in the first two games. The K-state and Tulsa game was against a top 40 team and a mid-major. This week we are playing the SEC powerhouse that is LSU which is a top 5 team in Baton Rouge. I was hoping that the game was going to get canceled or moved to a friendly atmosphere but it is confirmed that the game is going to be played in front of 90,000 in Baton Rouge.

K-State could have hung 80 or 90 points on us easily and Tulsa had almost 50 on us at Fouts at halftime. Im not even praying that it stays close but am hoping that we are not in the headlines for losing by the century mark. The entire game is in the hands of Les Miles and him allowing his Offensive Coordinator to play a fierce competitive game, if that is the case.

Brace yourselfs

I can say this about our coach there is no way he will run up the score, he never has and I would be damn surprised if he did.

Brace yourselfs

If you're gonna make these Chicken Little posts......at least change your signature. You contradict yourself. Anyway, shouldn't you already be cowering in a tornado shelter until HURRICANE Ike passes by?

Think we all need to think positive....I well remember when Nebraska put 76 on us in Lincoln one year...we are on our way up....

Sorry... I am confused by this post. What are you trying to say? Are you saying that since NU put up 76 on us one year, anything less than that, say 72, by LSU would be a victory!?? :blink:

If you approach viewing the game from a different persective, it will help, or it does to me anyway. Agreed on setting realistic positive goals that will help up come conference time. It sucks, but you have to almost view this as scrimmage that will help our team. Attainable goals I would like to see...

1. Keep LSU under 42 points.

2. Offense to get at least 8 first downs

3. Defense to come up with seasons first interception.

4. Continue with good kick coverage

5. Vizza to get through ANOTHER game without an interception (way to go Gio!)

If you tell yourself these PRIOR to the game, in lieu using them to only cheer you up AFTER the game, it doesnt sting so bad. Feel free to add to the list...

If you approach viewing the game from a different persective, it will help, or it does to me anyway. Agreed on setting realistic positive goals that will help up come conference time. It sucks, but you have to almost view this as scrimmage that will help our team. Attainable goals I would like to see...

If you tell yourself these PRIOR to the game, in lieu using them to only cheer you up AFTER the game, it doesnt sting so bad. Feel free to add to the list...

I want to see some stops on 3rd down.

Although getting beat again by a huge margin is discouraging, I think that is a great perspective to help watch the game with....FYI...John Shorter did have an interception at Kansas State.

1. I would probably say 60 points.

2. Thats probably feasible since after the first quarter it should all be garbage time.

3. Instead of just interceptions maybe if they can force one defensive turnover or two that would be great.

4. Thats a good goal since LSU is super fast.

5. That would be awesome for Vizza if he can do that.

Maybe another question can be is lets shoot for getting atleast 2 sacks in the game.

If you're gonna make these Chicken Little posts......at least change your signature. You contradict yourself. Anyway, shouldn't you already be cowering in a tornado shelter until HURRICANE Ike passes by?

I have no doubts about Coach DeLoach he needs some better recruits to come in and then he can build his system around those recruits and what he has to work with. LSU and NT is the biggest mismatch on both teams schedule's. This game won't reflect on Coach Dodge, DeLoach or the players but the same IDIOT who seems to enjoy scheduling last years NCAA champions to compete against us each year. (i.e. past openers against Oklahoma, Texas and previously LSU in the past).

The real question to you is why are you supporting a VP candidate who makes policy decisions based on old reruns of Dukes of Hazard episodes.

Just think, we could have offered the (our) stadium to Houston (if we had the new one) for some cash this weekend, don't know how much.....and....played LSU this weekend for the $700K. A 2-fer! Yikes, wonder how many UNT students and Dentonites would attend that game while we were at Tiger stadium...hypothetically of course???

Edited by GreenAlums

So we're basically setting goals that 1-AA Appalachian State was able to meet in the first game. Geez, that's encouraging.

--- I expect LSU to be im-Palin us all afternoon. Then we will say Biden to them after collecting our check. It will be Gore-y. They will likely be confused after that thinking they play O'Bama next when really they play Au-burn. Likely they should be taken out in the Bushes and Cained as for what they will have done to us. OH well, maybe we can our team a'Clinton on all eight cylinders next week as all good Fords should do. If not we should should say Nixon the season and try again next year as all Truman do....If we are really lucky maybe some space aliens will land at Fouts before then and we will have Reagans to use on them and make their best players disappear.

My Screaming Ealgle 2008 campaign slogan: "40 or less.!!" .... Which week will our defense hold our opponent to less than 40 points.?????? .... Is it possible..???

I am going to watch in person "my second favorite team" this week-end... aka "The team that plays SMU" , which is .....TxTech

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

This is going to be a disaster. It is not unrealistic to think that North Texas will give up anywhere from 50 to 70 points and not even score twice. This team won the national championship for good reason last season. They have some of - if not THE best athletes in the SEC. This game is going to be on par with last year's OU game or the opener against Texas back in 2004. I hope that we can see some positive things, and continue to watch Gio grow into the fantastic QB that he is, but I like our neighbors to the South, I am evacuating any thoughts that this will be a game, and going towards safety. What is 'safety'?? Safety is not allowing myself to even imagine the impossible.

After saying all that....I hope that our offense executes well, our defense suddenly figures it all out, and our special teams decide to cover a kick. I would love to see us give a great effort and lose with some dignity. However, I feel that losing to 3 quality teams will get these guys ready for Rice, and then a step-down in talent when we hit Belt play. Dominating the Belt used to be fun, and it can be again THIS YEAR. Let's just pray for some progress and those that are fearing the wrath of Ike.

What the heck is going on here? All this dome and gloom postings about

how many points LSU scores, and how many consider our team is terrible.

Seem like to me, many posters only support the team if the team is kicking

the crap out of every opponent. Why not jump on the Tiger Droppings board

and support LSU. Call your bookie and bet the house on LSU.

I for one, believe the players on the North Texas team want to play the

National Champs! Troy can't wait for Ohio State. FAU wanted to play

Texas badly. La Monroe wanted to play Arkansas! The North Texas

players and coaches want this game too. The players and coaches are

going to give 110% against LSU. I don't give a rat's ass about what the

national rankings, bottom ten, or the so called sports talking heads say

about North Texas. I do know this, the day is coming when this team will

win major upsets, and will start kicking the crap out of all the opponets!

This team is a very young team, with many talented players that would

have never considered comming to NT without Coach Dodge. This team

is still learning, growing, and connecting to Dodge Ball. Support this team,

and keep the postings positive.

Here is my HSO, keep all negative crap postings off this board.

What the heck is going on here? All this dome and gloom postings about

how many points LSU scores, and how many consider our team is terrible.

Seem like to me, many posters only support the team if the team is kicking

the crap out of every opponent. Why not jump on the Tiger Droppings board

and support LSU. Call your bookie and bet the house on LSU.

I for one, believe the players on the North Texas team want to play the

National Champs! Troy can't wait for Ohio State. FAU wanted to play

Texas badly. La Monroe wanted to play Arkansas! The North Texas

players and coaches want this game too. The players and coaches are

going to give 110% against LSU. I don't give a rat's ass about what the

national rankings, bottom ten, or the so called sports talking heads say

about North Texas. I do know this, the day is coming when this team will

win major upsets, and will start kicking the crap out of all the opponets!

This team is a very young team, with many talented players that would

have never considered comming to NT without Coach Dodge. This team

is still learning, growing, and connecting to Dodge Ball. Support this team,

and keep the postings positive.

Here is my HSO, keep all negative crap postings off this board.

Well last time I checked this was a message boards forum site and we are all entitled to our opinions and thoughts. If you dont like it then you certainly have a choice not to read it.