Flyer! Can We Get Some Exact Info?

JesseMartin

Since you're our main man right now for the student vote and such, I was hoping you could put up whatever has been readied thus far.

For those who haven't been paying attention, I'm very concerned about this going through in a way as to NOT endanger the trust of current students.

If the increase in, what, 01? had JUST been through SGA, then there would have been grumbling about SGA raising fees. Instead, with all the publicity and all of the people disseminating misinformation, students voted against it (many for the wrong, misinformed reasons). Then SGA decided to override their vote, which is more of a slap in the face than would be circumventing them in the first place.

Since the fallout led to most of the SGA senators being removed, then reinstated without a vote, I really think we lost a lot of the students' faith in all things UNT at that time-SGA, Athletics, the Admin, etc.

It's all public information, but rather than digging around for it, I'd like to have one of our current students' elected voices (yes, that would be you, Flyer) give us the lowdown. Unless things have changed drastically, there would still be time to edit anything that may have been overlooked thus far, and we could send any info we may have to Flyer via Private Messages.

So...Flyer, if the referendum wording has been approved, as well as the attached indicia (policy info, financial specs, etc), I think a lot of us would like to see it.

Also, I'm assuming there isn't a finalized version of what will be sent on to the Regents, Legislature, etc., since it's not necessary, but if there is a rough draft that is "official" (i.e. not "eyes only"), that might be helpful as well.

For those who were around for, or at least aware of, what went on a few years ago, I would hope to think you would agree that the divisiveness and lack of spirit that followed were VERY detrimental to the overall cohesion of, and spirit (as well as general feeling of "connection") surrounding UNT among those who were enrolled at the time.

Ensuring that all of the "t's are crossed and i's are dotted" may be boring to a lot of you who want to talk about defensive schemes and such, but oversight and poor judgment have really hurt the future of our alumni involvement in recent years, and I'd hate to see a repeat on the eve of such an important vote.

Edited by JesseMartin