Rice Game

FireFightnJoey

Since I live in Houston, I have been itching all summer long for this game. Close to home, tailgating with friends that normally wouldn't drive to Dallas for a NT game, and winnable. But, now I am not so sure. I reaaally will not be able to handle losing to Rice ... Rice! I sure as heck am not going to be able to handle getting blown out! I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle. Its hard to show pride for a team that is playing like it is now, but this is my school and this is a true test.

But I plan on being there. Taking the wife to her first game and really don't want her first experience to be a rout. Not so sure how many local friends want to go now.

But that leads me to ask, anyone contemplating dropping this trip off their list in light of crappier football?

Got my tickets in the mail either Friday or Saturday. I'm there with 9 total...

With the bye, I am hoping we put in a lot of prep for Rice and go down there and win!!!

Parking is free around the stadium per their website. I plan on getting their early and tailgating. Anyone know if the Houston chapter of the Exes are doing anything?

Anyone know if the Houston chapter of the Exes are doing anything?

There will be an official tailgating area, co-sponsored by the Exes, the Athletic Department, and the Office of Advancement, like at the SMU game last year (I wasn't there, but I hear it was well-run and well-attended). There will also be a reception/pep rally Friday night at the team hotel, the Westin Galleria. There will be postcards mailed out to alumni & Mean Green Club members - a few of the postcards were on the table with the stadium model on Saturday, and I picked one up. I'll scan it and upload it tonight (I guess it's time to set up a flickr account for myself!).

I'll have a party of 8 at the game, including a friend who is a UT alum & season-ticket-holder who went to her first Mean Green game on Saturday, and wants to come back!

I'll be there rain or shine. Was planning on spending a long weekend on Lake Conroe anyway. I've always enjoyed games at Rice Stadium even though they're usually 80-90 percent empty. Still unsure about our defensive potential, but if we can't get our offense cooking well enough to score some serious points against Rice by then, we could be in some serious SBC trouble.

I'll be there rain or shine. Was planning on spending a long weekend on Lake Conroe anyway. I've always enjoyed games at Rice Stadium even though they're usually 80-90 percent empty. Still unsure about our defensive potential, but if we can't get our offense cooking well enough to score some serious points against Rice by then, we could be in some serious SBC trouble.

I am planning to be there, assuming the Island doesn't float away between now and then!

Got my tickets in the mail either Friday or Saturday. I'm there with 9 total...

With the bye, I am hoping we put in a lot of prep for Rice and go down there and win!!!

Parking is free around the stadium per their website. I plan on getting their early and tailgating. Anyone know if the Houston chapter of the Exes are doing anything?

I don't know about houston but I got flyer in the ail about The AD department tent. The cost like eight bucks per person.