Sun Belt Looking Better Than Ever

Brett Vito

How about writing an article about why NT is struggling? Number of underclassmen, DD leaving the cupboard bare, having to recruit to a new system, etc... You just appear to be taking shots for the sake of taking shots. How about a little research? Like this:

A Clear Picture of the Situation

Oh, and the title of your post here doesn't even come close to describing your column. You dedicate one column to the SBC "Looking Better Than Ever," and spend the rest of the time criticizing the program. Maybe you should have titled this thread the same as the column, or did you think you wouldn't get any hits if you did?

Edited by UNTLifer

How about in 2004 that the starting line-up had 5 Sr. 4 Jr. and 13 underclassman and that was a bowl year

2004 was before we swapped one OK program (NMSU) for a good program (FAU) and two bad programs (USU and Idaho) for one bad program (FIU). Troy was playing year one in the Belt and didn't face UNT. Arkansas State's returning starting QB quit at the start of fall practice to concentrate on baseball and Roberts was just in year 3 (ASU would lose in the final minutes to a then ranked Memphis making ASU 0-3, that same Memphis squad won the New Orleans Bowl). ULM was in year 2 under Weatherbie. MTSU was a year away from firing Andy Mac.

The 2004 season was very transitional. 2005 was OK (made better by ASU going to the New Orleans Bowl) but the conference of 2006 and 2007 was very different than the conference in 2004.

False statement. Two games into the season last year, our defense was averaging 62 points/game.

For what it's worth:

We held a Big XII opponent in Manhattan to our 2007 average, which included Belt opponents, and

Tulsa is going to be doing that to everyone. That offense is where we dream to be.

Having said that, I know KSU offense is nothing to write home about, and TU could have hung 100 on us and still not have to clean Johnson's jersey.

Anyone else want to talk x-and-o's? Like, as prolific as Dodge's offense can be (whether high school or college), it might be the most boring "looking" spread to the casual fan? I mean, TU has all these options, spins, sweeps, zone reads. It just seems like we have less than 6 formations and a rare man in motion going on.

I'm not knocking on Dodge. But it does make me wonder how it worked so well in high school. Is he some kind of genius with the way he manipulates the secondary with our WR routes?

Just looking for some in-and-outs kind of info. Something to look for the next time I watch the team play.