Things To Consider And Reconsider

greeneagle69

1. Some of you think Dodge isnt converting well from Hi School to college level. Reconsider last year's 17 day recriuting season and of course this year's 1st full recruiting season...what did we get ?? Freshmen !!! that's right freshmen !!! I get the impression you all expected ready made seasoned vets. Dodge did not cause any injuries, graduations, or "flunk-outs" either !!! He has had to put "bandaids" on most aspects of what he inherited here. Dodge was HERE before he was @ Southlake....and those kids ARE college players now. (some we know of well,some we dont). WE saw great magic last year from what most of you consider a less than desirable talent pool. Well, what has actually changed ???? After all the weeding out, all Dodge got THIS year is MORE freshmen...the upgrading you are seeing is from only 1 season ago and all that stuff was inherited too. The vets on the team have changed positions, learned from different coaches, and made leaps you guys cant/wont see. So give the guy some slack !!! And if buy chance he doesn't know what he's doing, some of you dont know enough to know the difference anyway !!!!!

2. Consider this. Is it even remotely possible that the spread offense is set up to put all possible options on the field at once. Multiple choices of run/pass/look offs, secondary decisions (not to mentions variations of personnel) as you can have for every play ? Well consider it !! I saw a fantastic improvement in our offensive line last nite and it evolved in 1 game. Yes we had some sacks, but the pass protection was pretty damn good..and I dont remember 1 illegal proceedure penalty!!! Vizza had to take longer looks than usual because receivers weren't getting open on long routes. Thus, you had some short route dump offs that you gripe about. BUT at least we had those options open to use (because of the time to choose). Drops are still a big problem....does that mean Dodge

is calling the wrong game ?? 3 more catches last nite and Dodge would be more of a genius to you today. 2 less fumbles last nite..and guess what ? He's even

better. Defensive line held their own........Booger Kennedy is out of elligibility.............let go ! These guys have also been challenged with unexpected personnel losses,etc and held together pretty good. No sacks, nope ! But Tulsa couldn't but it loose on the ground...pass defense or not, run defense was better than expected.

3. Consider this ! Riley Dodge may just want to play...may not care where...may have said "Dad, if I can beat this guy out, can I play that position instead of the bench?" Just maybe, Coach says, " Riley, you are a better receiver than this guy or that...and the team has more options if you are in there than waiting to play quarterback. will you help us/" Why not !!! I dont know but yall dont either ! Seems to me, Dodge's obligation is to the school and the team. Not to us as fans. But if he were obligated to us, I'd expect him to constantly evolve, experiment with talent, put best players on the field, adjust to injuries....etc. Oh wait, I'm getting that now. And all it cost me is a few bucks a week.

4th and last !!! consider this and reconsider !! Riley Dodge, great athlete or not, may not be the second coming of all quarterbacks for all UNT eternity. He may be a guy who came to play for HIMSELF .....there is no obligation to keep him in this neat little quarterback safebox to use for a future rainy day. In fact, our quarteback of the future may in fact currently be a soph or jr in high school . Dodge found Vizza didnt he ? We need to stop all the negative second guessing, and appreciate what we're getting to be part of. While usaully a lurker on this board...It's easy to see who the older vets are and who the kids are. I've been around awhile...but never seen more second guessing about someone less deserving of it than I have this last year. Stand back and learn...Like Fry said, "things are not always what they seem."