A Positive About Last Night

meangreenbob

The students! They did a great job. They were loud and enthusiastic throughout the game. Though many left at halftime those that stayed still outnumbered what we normally get at our games. Great job students.

Now the alumni side is just darn painful.

Really? I've seen the alumni side be MUCH MUCH worse. I did notice a drop in our section (H) but still, we better pray we get at least that number going forward. I could see the possibility of not making our 15K minimum this year. Sad.

The students! They did a great job. They were loud and enthusiastic throughout the game. Though many left at halftime those that stayed still outnumbered what we normally get at our games. Great job students.

Section C of the alumni side certainly kept up their end of the bargain! Seemed roughty to me, I still can't talk, and I didn't leave until the final second ticked off the clock!

While sitting on the alumni side it was hard to tell just how full it was. I know there were empty seats, and it probably looked like swiss cheese, but it looked like every section was mostly filled, probably 2/3 to 3/4. It also looked like most on the alumni side stayed until close to the end of the game. As usual, it looked like the deck was pretty full, accounting for some of the empty seats.

There are way more green chairbacks than last year, and last year had way more chairbacks than the year before, so season ticket sales must be steadily increasing.

I would guess that actual attendence by alumni and students was about equal - thanks to all who came.

For the announced attendence to be 22,000+, all season tickets must have been counted, regardless. The main stadium holds 20,000 - were there actually 2,000 in the end zones?

And thanks to the 3,000 or so Tulsa fans who came!

While sitting on the alumni side it was hard to tell just how full it was. I know there were empty seats, and it probably looked like swiss cheese, but it looked like every section was mostly filled, probably 2/3 to 3/4. It also looked like most on the alumni side stayed until close to the end of the game. As usual, it looked like the deck was pretty full, accounting for some of the empty seats.

There are way more green chairbacks than last year, and last year had way more chairbacks than the year before, so season ticket sales must be steadily increasing.

I would guess that actual attendence by alumni and students was about equal - thanks to all who came.

For the announced attendence to be 22,000+, all season tickets must have been counted, regardless. The main stadium holds 20,000 - were there actually 2,000 in the end zones?

And thanks to the 3,000 or so Tulsa fans who came!

I got a view from both sides. 2/3 or 3/4 is a gross mis-estimate for the alumni side. In fact, it was as empty as I can ever recall at kickoff?

Maybe I have the green goggles and the mis-estimate...but that's what I saw.

I got a view from both sides. 2/3 or 3/4 is a gross mis-estimate for the alumni side. In fact, it was as empty as I can ever recall at kickoff?

Maybe I have the green goggles and the mis-estimate...but that's what I saw.

What did the alumni side look like by the middle of the 1st quarter?

The student side was pretty empty until after the pregame, and then it started to fill in, but it didn't get filled until mid-way through the first quarter either.