1999 won 2 lost 9

2000 won 3 lost 8

2001 won 5 lost 7

2002 won 8 lost 5

2003 won 9 lost 4

2004 won 7 lost 5

2005 won 2 lost 9

2006 won 3 lost 9

3 winning seasons out of 9...42 wins and 64 losses.

Dodge inherited a team that had won 5 games and lost 18 the last two seasons. Give him the same time DD got to get his team together. Am I happy with losing NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Have I given up with Dodge NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Do I see improvement in the Tulsa game YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Bring back DD ?...in 9 years he had 3 winning seasons and 6 losing seasons at NT. I remember sitting through a DD game when there were about 500 fans in attendance. This year we have season tickets sell out in at least two sections and the stadium looked full except for end zones...attendance was 22,785.

1st quarter NT 7 Tulsa 14

2nd quarter NT3 Tulsa 28

3rd quarter NT 3 Tulsa 7

4th quarter NT 13 Tulsa 26

I see two quarters we played Tulsa very close...and two we were run over...

For the game I see NT had 25 first downs to Tulsas 27.

I see NT rushing 203 yds to Tulsa 135 yds

I see NO NT interceptions

I see time of possession NT 32.49 vs Tulsa 27.11

I forgot to add when's the last time we had a 40 something field goal...major improvement in our kicking game.

NT lost partly because we playing so many freshmen, 4 freshmen DB's at one time, Mistakes on defense..ie two fumbles on special teams contributed to bad field position. Injuries at safety, CB and inside receiver helped force NT youth movement.

folks get ready for another loss next week against LSU...and probably another losing season. I've been folowing NT for 44 seasons and will continue to do so. I have seen the ups and downs and truly believe we have a winner in Todd Dodge.

OldTimer-

Got to agree with you.

Coach Dodge inherited a group of players that were not very talented. Of course NT has a sprinkling of shining stars but not an abundance. Dodge's recruiting ability is phenominal since he has been hired. Remember, he only had about a three week recruiting window his first year and we were all excited about the quaility of players he was able to commit to our program. He had another excellent recruiting class this year.

We may have another losing season this year but he is building upon success and make no misconceptions that Coach Dodge has a winning drive and attitude that I have not seen since Coach Fry. For anyone to start comparisons to Coach Dickey is unconscionable and even to suggest that the coaching staff is not doing their job is absurb. The PROBLEM is the quality of players and depth that were inherited.

Everyone, be patient....and realize that Coach Dodge did not have much to work with when he arrived. We may, realistically, win 4 or 5 games this year but that in itself is a victory for our program but next year may be the break out year for NT. You can either support our current athletic program and our coaching staff or start jumping ship like a bunch of scared rats.

Another positive is that we a pro athletic President which NT has not had since President "Jitter" Nolen, over 30 years ago. With the combination of a pro athletic President and if not the best "all around" coach NT has had, since the mid to late 60's (when my butt graced the wooden bleachers of Fouts), I truely believe that Coach Dodge & Prez "B" will make this program a winner.....make no mistake.

I haven't seen anyone calling for Dickey to come back, but maybe they did. It was late and I didn't read every post. That, however, was not the main theme of last night's criticism.

The criticism stands: I still say that you do not burn a year of eligibility of your quarterback of the future so he can play slot receiver because, according to Dodge on the radio last night, they were thin at slot receiver. In his own words, they played him because they were thin at slot receiver.

Everyone has said you have to have faith in Dodge and believe him and take him at his word. Okay, I'm believing him. I'm believing his post-game comments to George Dunham, that we burned Riley's redshirt because we were thin at slot receiver. That is an amazingly short-sighted decision, and one I am still having a hard time believing. Six years of solid quarterback play just got reduced to five. And that was done because they were thin at slot receiver.

Edited by Smitty

Remember, he only had about a three week recruiting window his first year and we were all excited about the quaility of players he was able to commit to our program.

Disagree. He was hired long before signing day that year. His loyalty was not with UNT, but with his HS football team and his son. Had he turned in his resignation at Southlake when he accepted the UNT job, he could have had an extra month or so to recruit.

His loyalty was not with UNT, but with his HS football team and his son.

And this is a bad thing? I would hope that TD puts his relationship with his son ahead of his job as our football coach. Some of you guys make me laugh.

And I'd like to think that if TD ever takes another coaching position elsewhere that he'd wait until our season was over to make the move.

no matter how much you like Dodge, there is absolutely no excuse to be a Div 1 football team and still miss extra points, jump off sides on defense TWICE, hold on plays that you aren't even close to the action, let the clock run out, etc. This is just piss poor planning, execution, and practice.

Edited by GreenMachine

come on guys, drink the cool aid if you dont like it get another team.

I learned in philosophy 101 at NTSU that you create your own reality. Get off your piss and moan, hold accountable, and all that kind of attitued and support the team, win or get blown out. The end all is that it is our team. Screw all the negativity.

come on guys, drink the cool aid if you dont like it get another team.

I learned in philosophy 101 at NTSU that you create your own reality. Get off your piss and moan, hold accountable, and all that kind of attitued and support the team, win or get blown out. The end all is that it is our team. Screw all the negativity.

I hope you are joking.

I've always heard the best coaches find a way to get their best players on the field.

Amen.

Perhaps I'm one of the few that thinks putting Riley in the game was a good idea. IMO, Working our only 4-star recruit into the game provided a spark that was much needed to excite the crowd, the team, and get the damn ball moving! I don't see why everyone is worrying that in 5-6 six years we won't have a good QB. Todd Dodge is one of the best QB coaches in the land of Texas..I don't see it being hard to recruit more quality QBs in the future.

Now, lets turn that reverse play into a reverse option that gives Riley the option to throw down the field too!

tarkin.jpg

This bickering is pointless!

After 14 games, Dickey was 4-10, posting a 21-14 win over Texas Tech in Lubbock in his 14th game.

After 14 games, Dodge is 2-12, posting a 26-52 loss to Tulsa at home in his 14th game.

They both suck.

What we need is a Grand Moff Tarkin at the University and in the athletic department to cut through the crap and get this battle station fully operational!

I would like to see Riley become a stud receiver - talk about the options! Imagine when Vizza and Riley begin having the same brain - meaning they are in each other's heads, know exactly where the ball is going, see the defense the same way and mentally connect - it will be awesome! Could we see a QB controversy - sure, could we see an offense that strikes fear in the opponent as soon as they look at them walk onto offense!

play your best players - we have to do that now. This is not a dress rehearsal - this program when it wins will have a pipeline of receivers and qb's lining up to run into Fouts or Fouts of the future!

GMG