Feature On Gary Deloach

FWST

Unfortunately he does not have the material to work with that he had the last time he was here.

I would say he has quite a bit of material to work with. The problem is that most of them are freshmen or redshirt freshmen. This is a very young team, and I will be excited to see the talent that is added to this group and the strides they make this year and in the next 2, 3 and 4 years.

I assume Deloach played a large part in recruiting the defensive players the last time he was here. I trust he will have the same success or better this time around.

Although Deloach did do a good job recruiting while he was at UNT the first time, what made us succesful is his ability to actually "coach". Nobody was beating down the door to get guys like Chris Hurd, Taylor Casey, Cody Spencer, Brandon Kennedy, Darrell Williams, Jonas Buckles, Markeith Knowlton and Craig Jones coming out of High School so somebody definitely made a good call getting them here. But once they were here he coached us well. Your first time out you wonder why this man never stops yelling but you realize that is just how he talks and if you listen you will be a better player for it. He knows his stuff and it really shows when you take a group of guys that Big 12 schools didn't give a second look to and keep Texas to only 200 total yards and a scoreless second half on opening day 2002. He will get us back and I cant wait to watch!

Although Deloach did do a good job recruiting while he was at UNT the first time, what made us succesful is his ability to actually "coach". Nobody was beating down the door to get guys like Chris Hurd, Taylor Casey, Cody Spencer, Brandon Kennedy, Darrell Williams, Jonas Buckles, Markeith Knowlton and Craig Jones coming out of High School so somebody definitely made a good call getting them here. But once they were here he coached us well. Your first time out you wonder why this man never stops yelling but you realize that is just how he talks and if you listen you will be a better player for it. He knows his stuff and it really shows when you take a group of guys that Big 12 schools didn't give a second look to and keep Texas to only 200 total yards and a scoreless second half on opening day 2002. He will get us back and I cant wait to watch!

well hello. How did I miss your first 21 posts?

Good to see you on the board.

PS: I eavesdropped on a DeLoach conversation at the Football Banquet.

He wasn't yelling, but I'll be damned if I don't feel like a better person.

To Bill *cough* Gary DeLoach!

It was a nice story. Unfortunately he does not have the material to work with that he had the last time he was here. It is hard to make chicken salad when you don't have any chickens.

Never stopped Arby's.