Dr. B's Guest Column In Today's D-rc

SUMG

Well at least the new stadium seems to be every bit as big a priority as a community reading program that we launched:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...3.3d18a14d.html

Most of what is in this column was in the president's email newsletter, but the paragraphs about the stadium are new. This could be the beginning... I hope!

Well at least the new stadium seems to be every bit as big a priority as a community reading program that we launched:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...3.3d18a14d.html

It does concern me a little that the new stadium got the same priority or press as the community reading program. Maybe it's just me, tell me it's just me and I shouldn't worry!!!! Dentonites do need to read. Maybe that would help the attendance :lol:

Edited by GreenAlums

Oh please. This is a laundry list of initiatives. The One Book program is a new program at UNT and this article is its coming out party in Denton.

I think UNT and Denton are big enough to more than one thing at a time. Once in a while, we even manage to have classes and football games during the same week!

I guess I was just hoping the stadium wasn't just another part of the laundry list. I kind-of, maybe it's just me, think it's big enough to stand out a bit more. It's a great article by Dr. B. Great stuff, really!

Folks, I read that column very differently. I think Dr. B mentions all those other things to show that UNT is not going to let down in other areas because we build a stadium. But the column strikes me as a call to action to get the stadium done.

Clearer minds do prevail! I like your opinion. See, I just needed reassurance :wub:

We have been steadily improving our athletics facilities and are planning a new stadium that will match the other state-of-the-art buildings on campus.

Building a stadium will take commitment from our entire community — our alumni, students, supporters and Denton residents — and, we are working to make our vision a reality

This doesn't say what we want to do...it says what we are doing....as I have said for sometime, the stadium will happen and soon and Dr B says "state of the art" which translates "it will have everything".....far out dude....Oh, sory, back in the 70's again.

It's important to send a message that stadium is part of an overall plan to make UNT the best damn school in Texas.

Personally, to quote a former Oklahoma State Senator " I want to build a university that the football team can be proud of". We need that type of endorsement from a President and then we will end the quiet phase and get some action finally!!!!!!!!!!

We have been steadily improving our athletics facilities and are planning a new stadium that will match the other state-of-the-art buildings on campus.

Building a stadium will take commitment from our entire community — our alumni, students, supporters and Denton residents — and, we are working to make our vision a reality

This doesn't say what we want to do...it says what we are doing....as I have said for sometime, the stadium will happen and soon and Dr B says "state of the art" which translates "it will have everything".....far out dude....Oh, sory, back in the 70's again.

Phrases like "it will take a commitment" and "we are working to make it a reality" don't give me confidence that the fundraising is going too well yet. I'd rather hear a stronger sense that it's a done deal and us minor donors are the frosting on the finished cake.