Opening Game In New Stadium

dml7007

Future schedules have Kansas State making its first trip to Denton, Tex. to face North Texas in 2010.

This is the last line in the preview of this weeks game on meangreensports.com

It would seem that this would be a perfect opponent to open a new stadium with. There fan's travel well, and it is a team that we should be able to compete with.

Future schedules have Kansas State making its first trip to Denton, Tex. to face North Texas in 2010.

This is the last line in the preview of this weeks game on meangreensports.com

It would seem that this would be a perfect opponent to open a new stadium with. There fan's travel well, and it is a team that we should be able to compete with.

I'm glad to see that "there" fans travel so well. I wonder, do "here" fans travel well too?

Here are my top three picks for our first game in the new stadium.

Texas - no matter what you say, still the quintessentail collage team in our state (best possible upset of all time except I would personally love to beat the aggies most)

U of H - this needs to be our annual rivals

Iowa - Hayden on the sidelines for them the first half and on ours for the second half comeback victory

Depends. If we, under Dodge, look like his other teams have looked, I say Texas or the like.

If not, go with something winnable but nothing too weenie-ish. No Nicholls State game, regardless of our "history" of playing them.

A game that will sell-out, but not fill the student section with maroon or burnt orange because of their childhood loyalties.

UCF didn't bring in a Florida or Miami.

Bring in Florida State, Syracuse, Virginia, or something like that.

Edited by UNTflyer

I remember reading that UCF got UT to play at home by giving them a 3-1 deal... so UCF has to make 3 return trips for that one home game. With FAU getting $900K to play UT, that is essentially like UCF paying the Short Horns $2.7 million bucks for one home game. Would that be worth it to you all? I think our deal with Kansas State will be just fine for our first home game at our new stadium. Especially knowing that we didn't get raped in the process.