Coach Dodge Show

KRAM1

OK, so what did everyone think of the new location, The Pour Hose, for the Coach Dodge Show? I was there and have my opinions of the location vs. Hooter's vs. Sweetwater, but I would liike to hear from others who were actually there along with me. What did you think?

OK, so what did everyone think of the new location, The Pour Hose, for the Coach Dodge Show? I was there and have my opinions of the location vs. Hooter's vs. Sweetwater, but I would liike to hear from others who were actually there along with me. What did you think?

Kram don't hold back.

I hope it was positive if not let it fly. They are going to work to make it the best possible show but without feedback its harder.

I've been to the PourHouse and always thought it was a good location. The only problem I see is that you can't hear the show unless you are in the theater room, and seating is limited in there. It would be nice if it was piped through the entire grill.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not to sure on what they are going to do about it. I know either later this year or definitely next they will be broadcasting the show throughout

I'll try and find out why and if. I know last night there were a lot of people not there for the show, so they may not want to intrude on their dining.

The Pour House theater is set up for television. Coach Dodge and Georgio sit down so low, they can't be seen over the booths in front. The room is dark, which is fine for TV, but tough for a live show. These are all minor problems that can be fixed. More lighting and a riser.

A problem that I have seen from location to location continues. People talking during the show. And I think the Athletic staff are the biggest offenders.

I'm all for a friendly atmosphere. But if someone needs to have a private conversation, it should be taken out of the theater.

One happy problem I noticed is that there was more people (cars) than there are available parking spaces.

The Pour House theater is set up for television. Coach Dodge and Georgio sit down so low, they can't be seen over the booths in front. The room is dark, which is fine for TV, but tough for a live show. These are all minor problems that can be fixed. More lighting and a riser.

A problem that I have seen from location to location continues. People talking during the show. And I think the Athletic staff are the biggest offenders.

I'm all for a friendly atmosphere. But if someone needs to have a private conversation, it should be taken out of the theater.

One happy problem I noticed is that there was more people (cars) than there are available parking spaces.

I have two questions:

1. Why was the show moved from El Guapo? I have always thought that place was a perfect place.

2. Why is it necessary to have the entire athletic department staff on hand for the show?

Thanks, I will hangup and listen.

I sympathize with those that wish they could hear, but also with those that come to eat.

I attended radio shows in El Paso, and don't ever recall it being quiet. I think the primary audience is always the radio listener, and you can't expect it to be like a press conference or some media luncheon.

Tough call. No black/white here.

And if there were not a lot of Athletics staffers, you would be complaining that they don't even show up to their own events. Right?

I don't mind them being there, but they take up a lot of the already limited room, and I would assume they have a pretty good idea what he's going to be saying.

I love the PourHouse and have watched many a Basketball game there thus far. That being said, does no one else feel that the theater room is just too small for the Coach's show? Having it in a room that small almost gives you the impression that they are planning/expecting not much of a turnout. I was also one of the unlucky fans in the main restaurant, unable to hear the show I found myself wishing I had just stayed home and turned on the Radio. I don't know if they could do it out by the lake, or in the main room, but if they can't at least pipe sound throughout the building I think my PourHouse attendance will be limited to purely game viewing.

Edited by Green P1

It's not like the rest of the restaurant was full. And what do they do during games? Do they still play the emo-chick music in the bar area and turn up the sound on any of those great TVs?

I've been there when they've done both. If there's a consensus among most what the biggest game is they turn the sound up. During the NCAA tournament it was same as last night.

In my opinion, if this is going to be the dedicated location of the Coach's show, then their priority every Monday should be the fans that show up to hear him speak, not those who show up for a casual dinner. I really don't think that having to listen to the show would have annoyed anyone like not listening to it did.

All things considered, it was the first time at a new location. I expect all will be better in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Green P1

My thoughts on last night...

The place is beautiful. It is very nice and comfortable. This place has a great set up as a sports grill. The media room is freakin' awesome the way it is set up like a theater. I absolutely loved the food as well. I loved having highlights of last year on the projector and I hope to see highlights of the previous game up there as the season goes on.

My complaints... Lighting was poor (for the projector maybe) and I agree that it would be nice if they were on a riser or something. The room capacity might be bigger than sweetwaters porch but it didn't feel like it. It looked like the amount that showed up for the show was pretty typical but it seemed the place couldn't hold that many fans that well because every seat was filled and there were people lined up along the walls. I wish there were a few bigger tables like that on the first row for the show so that we could have bigger groups in there with out them getting separated... but if I were going to get a bite to eat and watch a game witha friend or two i prolly wouldn't care so much. The service was slow but there can be many reasons for that. I ordered a drink that took literally 20 minutes to get. At least it was taken off my bill because it took so long.

Great place and I will be back!

My thoughts on last night...

The place is beautiful. It is very nice and comfortable. This place has a great set up as a sports grill. The media room is freakin' awesome the way it is set up like a theater. I absolutely loved the food as well. I loved having highlights of last year on the projector and I hope to see highlights of the previous game up there as the season goes on.

My complaints... Lighting was poor (for the projector maybe) and I agree that it would be nice if they were on a riser or something. The room capacity might be bigger than sweetwaters porch but it didn't feel like it. It looked like the amount that showed up for the show was pretty typical but it seemed the place couldn't hold that many fans that well because every seat was filled and there were people lined up along the walls. I wish there were a few bigger tables like that on the first row for the show so that we could have bigger groups in there with out them getting separated... but if I were going to get a bite to eat and watch a game witha friend or two i prolly wouldn't care so much. The service was slow but there can be many reasons for that. I ordered a drink that took literally 20 minutes to get. At least it was taken off my bill because it took so long.

Great place and I will be back!

So how many people were in this theatre room last night watching the interview?

And if there were not a lot of Athletics staffers, you would be complaining that they don't even show up to their own events. Right?

Not at all. I think there should be some staffers at each event, but to have them all there at nearly everything is I believe 1) redundant, and 2) I think you should delegate folks so that they don't get burn out. But that is just me.

I think this is all fair and great feedback.

I know Nick and Rick the owners want to make sure thing go perfect.

I'll relay all these concerns if they haven't already lurked on the board.

1. Got to be a riser. I got there at 5pm and immediately thought that.

2. Lighting, Agree here.

3. Sound. Will have to see but I don't see why not.

4. Seating. The leather recliners and the front 4 tables were for the Wheel Club members and the Prez AD etc. They don't forsee them there at any other shows. So that seating should be first come first serve. Maybe get some Dog Pound members in the leather seats or do a raffle or something to stir up support.

Not at all. I think there should be some staffers at each event, but to have them all there at nearly everything is I believe 1) redundant, and 2) I think you should delegate folks so that they don't get burn out. But that is just me.

Can a staffer not also be a fan and wish to hear what the Coach is saying?

OK, so here arte my thoughts...I appreciate everyone's input. I agree with the thoughts posted. The place is great as a sport's bar. Not so sure about it as a "host" for a radio show. Could not hear half the show because of all the talking going on and I was pretty "rticked off" after getting the over 1 hour early that all the seats where you could actually see were "Reserved". What's up with that CRAP???? Hard to see from behind the first row and I thought the room was actually a bit small.

Wait staff tried to do a good job, but a tad slow. I give them props for the job they did as it was the first show. Fodd was very good. Beer was nice and cold.

Do think it's a great place to watch a game, but need to work on the set up to be successful as the host for a radio show. I did not like the fact that you could not interact with any of the other members of the Mean Green Nation like you could at previous venues, but that will develop over time. All in all...a good start and I know the folks at the PourHouse will do all they can to make this thing work for the show. They do a good job and work hard to make sure folks are happy. I bet folks will be happy after all the initial "bugs" are worked out.

Just wish I could have heard what Coach Dodge said. I may have to just listen on the radio going forward as I really do what to hear what he says.

As far as the Athletic Dept. folks...yes, they do continue to "talk over" the show and it is a bit distracting...BUT, I love the fact that they are there, and I think they should be there...who knows someone may want to buy a raffle ticket, ask about the Mean Green Club, ask how they can help with the stadium, thank the folks for what they are doing, etc., etc. Crowds are not a problem...reserving seats for folks at a public radio show is a DEFINITE NO NO...don't care if it is Prez. B or Prez Bush! They had every front seat with any view reserved....I just love being thought of as a second class citizen! Just kiiding about that one.

Thanks to all for working to have a great show...lots of work goes into this type of thing...unless you havedone it, you may not realize just how much...it will keep getting better...nice start...got some work to do.

GO MEAN GREEN...JOING THE MEAN GREEN CLUB...JOIN THE EXES...BUY SEASON TICKETS....