I love how the PonyFans are trying to figure this out. My favorite quote: " If Jones has him at third string QB, then the other two must be pretty damn good!"

This is classic SMU delusions of grandeur, like how they think they are on the same level as Texas and way, way better than UNT.

I love how the PonyFans are trying to figure this out. My favorite quote: " If Jones has him at third string QB, then the other two must be pretty damn good!"

This is classic SMU delusions of grandeur, like how they think they are on the same level as Texas and way, way better than UNT.

Dude...CUSA seemed to think he was pretty good (even though they aren't a BCS conference). So either I'm right (though I was half joking), or the froshes are badass, or they're just more in tune with June.

And after that last statement, I'm trying out for the part of Roadblock from G.I. Joe.

How is this classic SMU? That just makes no sense whatsoever. The fact is that June Jones would not go with the lesser quarterback. The first two must be pretty damn good or hell atleast better than Willis at this point.

Willis is a very good athlete, but not the prototype quarterback for the June Jones offense, and his history of suspensions don't help his case.

The two freshmen are both incredibly accurate passers but will also make their share of freshman mistakes.

Willis could possibly win more games this year, but it could be at the cost of delaying the full implementation of June's offense.

This is officially a rebuilding year at SMU, and coming off a 1-12 season, there is nothing wrong with that.

Willis may ride it out for the next two years to get the diploma or he may transfer within the next week to a Playoff Championship Subdivision (1-AA) school where he can get more playing time.

I've seen Braden Smith play and he is a very good QB. He's also a great kid, who is not going to talk back to June Jones or any other of the coaches at SMU. I don't know much about the Levi kid, except he was a pretty good QB is HS.

I am with Adler on this one...Willis is a good QB, but not the prototype for the June Jones offense...plus...Willis did not participate in spring ball (discipline reasons) so must be way behind in learning and actually executing the offense. While the two new frosh QB's didn't do spring ball either they may already have experience in the "run and shoot" style offense and are certainly (if reports are correct) quicker at releasing the ball than Willis.

Sometimes being a "big dog" on campus means taking on a little personal responsibility. Justin just may have learned this a bit late.