Unt Loses Another Top Recruit

Harry

GEEZ!!!

What's with these guys not being able to get a freakin' associate's degree from a junior college???

I agree....I just do not understand the mindset of some of these players. A player is giving a golden opportunity of a D1 football scholarship in February and can not get his Associates Degree by the end of summer school!!!!

I agree....I just do not understand the mindset of some of these players. A player is giving a golden opportunity of a D1 football scholarship in February and can not get his Associates Degree by the end of summer school!!!!

I think some of it has to a lot to with a variety of different situations. How good is the person as a student, what does the school that he is at provide for assistance, does the student take advantage of it, did he get passed along during high school and thinks that is what will happen on the college level? It was hard for me to learn, but I just wanted to graduate really bad, so I took the steps to find out what I had to do and where to get the help, but many don't do that.

Once again the Mean Green nation raise their arms in the air.

For some it's in prayer, for some it's a reaction to uncertainty, and for others, surrender.

I like to think it is done to make this roller coaster we're riding as exciting as it can be.

What makes sports great is the emotional attachment derived from dealing with those drops and ascents.

If you are afraid of the ride then you can deal with it as many others already have. You can simply castrate yourself and become another fan of the Longhorns or Yankees.

Guest JohnDenver

Isn't this the man that lost his father during the school year? Thus he lost weight and can only assume lost focus for grades...

That is what I am going with. I wish him the best.

For some it's in prayer, for some it's a reaction to uncertainty, and for others, surrender.

I like to think it is done to make this roller coaster we're riding as exciting as it can be.

What makes sports great is the emotional attachment derived from dealing with those drops and ascents.

If you are afraid of the ride then you can deal with it as many others already have. You can simply castrate yourself and become another fan of the Longhorns or Yankees.

The Yankees have been a roller coaster of their own, they sucked for long time in the 80's and early 90's. They suck this year, I am one that thinks were are screwed as long as ARod is on the team.

The Yankees have been a roller coaster of their own, they sucked for long time in the 80's and early 90's. They suck this year, I am one that thinks were are screwed as long as ARod is on the team.

It takes very little intestinal fortitude to be a bootlicker to any of the 'chosen' programs.

And hopefully kissing Madonna will have the same effect for ARod's career that it had for Britney Spears.

It takes very little intestinal fortitude to be a bootlicker to any of the 'chosen' programs.

And hopefully kissing Madonna will have the same effect for ARod's career that it had for Britney Spears.

Adler

I agree most of the time with you. However I have to disagree here

However I was born and raised in New England and graduated from NT. When people ask me how I root for NT, I tell then it's like a child. They bring me joy and tons of pain but I love and cheer for them all the same

Jsut because KingDL is a yanks fan or I a Sox fan, or if someone is a UT fan. Doesn't mean its any easier

Sometimes harder since expectations are so high.

Isn't this the man that lost his father during the school year? Thus he lost weight and can only assume lost focus for grades...

That is what I am going with. I wish him the best.

---Well at least you understand it. I work at a community college level and once in public schools. What some kids go through to get through life is sometimes amazing.. The fact that he lost weight down to 153 tells me that something else serious is going on. In a lot of those cases education and athletics become very secondary. I am amazed when talking to people who just think every home and life situation is much like their own...nothing could be farther from the truth.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Not that we would, this is just a question. If Edwards and Horton were to go this fall and finish their associates' degree, could they be grayshirted? Or, would they be considered 2009 recruits? This is strictly hypothetical, I have not idea if either would be interested but I'm thinking that we may have done that once before.

Now, I'm ready to move on but I am running out of white-out.

Adler

I agree most of the time with you. However I have to disagree here

However I was born and raised in New England and graduated from NT. When people ask me how I root for NT, I tell then it's like a child. They bring me joy and tons of pain but I love and cheer for them all the same

Jsut because KingDL is a yanks fan or I a Sox fan, or if someone is a UT fan. Doesn't mean its any easier

Sometimes harder since expectations are so high.

i totally agree....at least the soxs are winning now! I give as much support for UNT as i do all the boston sports teams...

:clapping:

Rick

Yes, this is the kid that lost his dad. Cut the kid some slack people.

This is a good kid. I wish him well.

I asked this earlier, and maybe my wording was taken wrong.

Why do football players go to Junior Colleges, is it primarily to do with grade issues or is it a variety of reasons? Injuries? I did not know if the majority were there to get their student skill to a higher level or not.

Some coaches send kids to JC ot get an extra year of playing that they would not get at the big schools. Some kids do not pass the NCAAClearning House and some just want to see if they go to JC if they get better offers. The kids that have to get an AA did not meet NCAA Clearing house grades. The kids that come out after one year were cleared to play but went to JC route to get something out of it and the range is so wide it is hard to say way.