Another Nt Building Project

Stan R

The Business School has needed a new building aka "home" for quite some years. This is great news and WILL NOT impact the new stadium. By the way, just in case anyone has forgotten, UNT is an institution of "higher education" first! :lol: I know I can lose a little perspective on that from time to time as I get excited about some athletic program or event, but this is some very good news for the School of Business and will help UNT move to "top tier" status.

This is good news. And, in the end will help draw new monies to the University. Nice, very nice!

"Kearbey said construction would likely take 18 months, and the building would be ready for use in August 2011. The building would be in the space where Kendall Hall is now. That hall is being vacated for demolition.

"They have to move all the people out and find a place for them to go," said Finley Graves, the college's dean. "Then we have to demolish the building before we can break ground."

Build a new stadium on Eagle Point, tear down Fouts, build a couple of dorms for the "displaced" Kendall students, and a large capacity parking garage and parking areas for all students. Problem solved!

NT business school - construction to start late 2009. If building costs will be greater than 60M (likely with inflation lately) - then they will try to get private funding.

NT Daily article

Maybe Herb Kelleher would like to donate to the new UNT "Herb Kelleher School of Business" and then he could talk a few of his friends and former co-workers over at Southwest Airlines to kick in funds for the new Southwest Airlines Stadium at Eagle Point. We could do a fly-over with a 737 painted as SOW on opening day.

Maybe Herb Kelleher would like to donate to the new UNT "Herb Kelleher School of Business" and then he could talk a few of his friends and former co-workers over at Southwest Airlines to kick in funds for the new Southwest Airlines Stadium at Eagle Point. We could do a fly-over with a 737 painted as SOW on opening day.

You are a genius referring to having our new Eagle painted on the tail of a Southwest Airlines Jet. Better yet, Put Southwest Airlines on the back of the Scoreboard in the new Stadium

and call it the "STADIUM THAT LOVE BUILT!"

The new Business Building is already paid for.

The UNT Board of Regents approved $10 million on July 14 for the College of Business Administrations' Business Leadership Building, along with the $50 million in tuition revenue bonds approved by the Texas Legislature, totaling $60 million for the project.

Stan, the university cannot divert dollars from one project to another. If you say your donation is for Athletics, it must be used for athletics. More than likely, if the project does go over and alternative sources cannot be found, the university will use it's line of credit (which I believe was increased from 30 million to 60 million) to cover the overage.

What a complete waste of money... we already have a Business building. Shouldn't we be using these funds for more important things? I mean, I don't even use the Business building.

Give me a break. Our business school is number two behind our music school as far as national/regional prestige and perceptions are concerned. Do we not want to improve our academic programs as well as our athletic programs? That building is totally outdated. I graduated from the business school close to twenty years ago, and I see no basis for arguing against a major upgrade. Besides, who do you think will provide the big bucks in the future for our future endeavors here at North Texas? My bet would be business and law school graduates. North Texas has got to start thinking ahead.

Give me a break. Our business school is number two behind our music school as far as national/regional prestige and perceptions are concerned. Do we not want to improve our academic programs as well as our athletic programs? That building is totally outdated. I graduated from the business school close to twenty years ago, and I see no basis for arguing against a major upgrade. Besides, who do you think will provide the big bucks in the future for our future endeavors here at North Texas? My bet would be business and law school graduates. North Texas has got to start thinking ahead.

And they say sarcasm never goes unnoticed.

What a complete waste of money... we already have a Business building. Shouldn't we be using these funds for more important things? I mean, I don't even use the Business building.

Yeah, I guess maybe building a new stadium would be a waste of money too. I mean, how often is it going to be used? Maybe 5 or 6 days out of 365 days in a year isn't really worth tens of millions of dollars that could be spent elsewhere is it? Fouts seems to serve its purpose just fine for 4 or 5 days a year. That is if you don't mind dinosaurs.

The new Business Building is already paid for.

Stan, the university cannot divert dollars from one project to another. If you say your donation is for Athletics, it must be used for athletics. More than likely, if the project does go over and alternative sources cannot be found, the university will use it's line of credit (which I believe was increased from 30 million to 60 million) to cover the overage.

No I think you miss my point. Of course money already donated would not be diverted. And if someone explicitly states a donation is for the stadium or for athletics that money would also not be diverted. But what I'm worried about is that Dr. B would say...oh... tap the breaks on hounding donors for the stadium and see if they can spare some pocket change to help finish the business building first since we ran out of public monies to finish the project. That kind of thing.