Various Nt Football Pics On The Internet

NT80

tech_football.jpg

VERY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Damnit that makes me sick to even look at it.

Rick

I agree. He was running right at my seat in the endzone. Talon90 and I both dropped a big F Bomb when LD fumbled.

i'm a little wet behind the ears...what is the story behind that picture?

'sigh'

It was our game in '2000 at Tech. Clinging to a 6 point deficit at 6-13, and only seconds(20 maybe?) remaining in the game and with the ball(someone help me out here?) just on our side of the 50 yard line, true freshman Scott Hall, who came in late in the 1st quarter and getting his first major playing time while leading the comeback, chunks a hail mary bomb down the right seam to an NT reciever that got behind the Tech secondary. The ball sailed right into his arms hitting him in stride leaving him all alone to take it into the endzone for yet another unbelievable comeback upset win over the Red Raiders in their house for what would have been our third straight win in Lubbutocks in 4 years.(1997, won 30-27, 1999 won 21-14), and 4th straight in Lubbutocks in 12 years(1988 Win 27-24 as a 1-AA program with Scott Davis at QB and Corky Nelson as the coach).

But as you can tell, our reciever has the ball sticking out, and actually it was much further out than that prior to that photo as it seemed like he was starting the celebration a bit too early, and finally realizing he's being pursued from behind, he cuts to the corner and tries to get out of bounds to save time on the clock I suppose? In the photo, he just crossed the 5 yard line and his left foot is about to touch down out of bounds at about the 3 1/2? You can't tell it in the photo, but he's slicing outwards towards those cheerleaders. So in the least, it would have been NT's ball, 1st and goal at the 3 1/2 with 10 to 15 seconds left in the game. But the tech defender in the photo, and that is just one of the greatest photos I have ever seen taken at a game I was at, catches him with his left arm and wraps around with his right and hits that ball out of our reciever's hand the split second after the shutter on that photographers camera must have closed, because he fumbled it the other split second before his foot touched down out of bounds. And of course(@#$#@!!! hell!!!, I can still see it this very moment!!!!) the f@#$ing ball doesn't continue in the motion it's headed which is of course, OUT OF BOUNDS!!!. OH NO!!!, it somehow, pops right back out onto the damn field, IN BOUNDS, and just spins all by itself at about our nearside hashmark at about the 4?, And of course, the nearest player trailing the play was a player for tech who falls down on it. Tech Ball. They kneel on it on the next snap. Game over.

My wife was very pregnant with our 1st child at the time and she and I were sitting just up behind those cheerleaders in the photo. I remember the wife getting her miserable self up and standing on the bench, jumping up and down screaming "RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!" just before the fumble. Afterwards, she had to run to the bathroom herself from the baby bouncing on her bladder I suppose? And I stood there next to the women's restroom waiting for her, just inside the northeast exit gate, listening to every sumbitch in tech gear walk by wimpering how they NEVER, EVER, WANTed TO PLAY NORTH TEXAS...AGAIN. I remember one woman ask someone, "Why in hell do we keep playing them???". Still, so many of us here made that game and we all met up afterwards that night at the hotel swimming pool, and no one could even speak. We all just sat there, shaking our heads, looking up at the stars wondering what should have been until it was time to go to bed. The plane ride home the next morning was just as bad, or worse? Just sickening!

But there was a bright side to all of this. We had found our future field general, that was for sure. And he damn sure didn't dissapoint.

God Bless Scott Hall.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick