Td Gets "dawged" By A Poster At The D-rc Blog

SUMG

Check out the comment by green dawg....under the Vito post about the Sun Belt Arms race:

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...r.html#comments

Every person is entitled to their opinion. Personally...I'm thrilled that TD is holding RV's feet to the fire. We eventually have to either "crap or get off the commode" when it comes to the stadium. TD has promised recruits that the stadium would open in 2010...because that is what he was told. Keeping pushing this stadium back further and further....until 2012 or something.....would cause us to lose numerous fans who are fed up with this crap. Trust me.

Do I like the post no but we are 25 months from Todge's deadline and we really have no information to even insinuate that a stadium will be built by that time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping, preying and willing to donate what ever I can but I really don't think my bank account will build a stadium.

Do I like the post no but we are 25 months from Todge's deadline and we really have no information to even insinuate that a stadium will be built by that time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping, preying and willing to donate what ever I can but I really don't think my bank account will build a stadium.

You mean you have no information to insinuate that a stadium will be built at that time.

Others however feel/know that it is very much a possibility/reality.

You mean you have no information to insinuate that a stadium will be built at that time.

Others however feel/know that it is very much a possibility/reality.

Many of those "others" have "known" about the stadium since RV took over.

I have the utmost faith in RV and Papa Todd to deliver...but I also don't think we can't blindly dismiss Green Dawg's comment. He is absolutely right that IF there is no stadium by 2010...or atleast 2011...UNT has pretty much screwed itself for 5-10 years in recruiting...and there would have to be a leadership change, either head coach or AD, in order to attempt to save some face.

It is clear that whoever this Green Dawg is that he is just attempting to light a fire on the board...but just because the guy isn't cheerleading UNT doesn't make him wrong.

"there is no chance of a stadium by 2010"

He is wrong. Not saying there absolutely WILL be a stadium by 2010, but to say there is "no chance" is just plain wrong.

I suspect this guy as well:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19234562751&ref=ts

Fair...but you understand the crux of my post...we've been waiting for the "big announcement" for some time...and I am legitimatly afraid that IF we don't see or hear of progress sometime very soon that it is becomes increasingly more and more difficult to live up to the deadline promise that Papa Todd is using as a very effective recruiting tool...and a coach who ends up "lying" (whether intentionally or unintentionally) screws both himself and the school.

You're right...he is wrong that there certainly won't be a stadium by 2010...but the fear that should RV not deliver and the UNT program has essentially death penaltied itself is a legitimate one

Fair...but you understand the crux of my post...we've been waiting for the "big announcement" for some time...and I am legitimatly afraid that IF we don't see or hear of progress sometime very soon that it is becomes increasingly more and more difficult to live up to the deadline promise that Papa Todd is using as a very effective recruiting tool...and a coach who ends up "lying" (whether intentionally or unintentionally) screws both himself and the school.

You're right...he is wrong that there certainly won't be a stadium by 2010...but the fear that should RV not deliver and the UNT program has essentially death penaltied itself is a legitimate one

Sure it is. He's putting himself and the program out on a limb. But if people aren't willing to put themselves out on a limb for a new stadium, we will not get one.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

To be honest, we've heard deadlines before that have subsequently been missed. The fact that the mood here is optimistic should pretty well refute the point that you'll lose us if they don't come through on this promise.

Fair...but you understand the crux of my post...we've been waiting for the "big announcement" for some time...and I am legitimatly afraid that IF we don't see or hear of progress sometime very soon that it is becomes increasingly more and more difficult to live up to the deadline promise that Papa Todd is using as a very effective recruiting tool..

I completely understand, and it is a legitimate concern. But it is going to happen, and the timeline is right for a 2010 opening. Everything is starting to finally fall into place.

I think the only thing that can derail this process is a failed student vote, but even that has a backup plan. :ph34r:

And half of them aren't even current students. One is a former NT Daily reporter who campaigned against the vote in 2001... guess he's still bitter.

Just making a small point - when someone digs in on knowing info early about a player or recruit, they are usually trashed - especially if they are this cocky about it and even if they are proven right.

No offense to Flyer, but love the double standard.

Well flyer don't get to excided in 2004 DD and RV said that the class coming in would have a stadium before they were Jr. (2007). They were told in 2006 that they would have an indoor pratrice field by 2008. RV has told the player the recruits and parents many things that have not been on the up and up. I hope that all goes well this time around but don hold your breath.

Edited by PHSCoach

I completely understand, and it is a legitimate concern. But it is going to happen, and the timeline is right for a 2010 opening. Everything is starting to finally fall into place.

I think the only thing that can derail this process is a failed student vote, but even that has a backup plan. :ph34r:

damn you flyer, you are the most secretive poster here. You know something big and are only feeding us little bits at a time. I understand you not being in a position to say all you know but the suspense is killing me.

I do think we'll be in a new stadium in 2010 or very close to that time. I'm making this decision based on all your past posts, please don't let me down.

I can back his statements up. A couple of things need to fall into place, but that timeline is correct. Rick has been pretty close to the vest on info (publicly) and this public attention to the stadium issue is a reveral in tactics.

My thoughts are that there has been a development or two that is making this timeline work out.

So I am going to put up my GMG JQ street cred here and pull this timetable out for you all:

Soon: Announcement of plans, perhaps big donor or naming rights

Fall 2008: Student approval of incremental student fee for athletics

Fall 2008/Winter 2009: More open fundraising to public

Late winter/early spring 2009: Dirt moves

Fall 2010: Stadium opens (though maybe not for first home game if not 100% ready)

Call bullshit on me in 2010 if you are still in Fouts in Oct/Nov. Otherwise, RESPECT MY AUTHORITY! ;)

me like!

damn you flyer, you are the most secretive poster here. You know something big and are only feeding us little bits at a time.

Well, I don't think it's secret, but if the student vote fails then the Student Senate can pass it. There may be fallout like last time, but I know that there is a strong majority in the Senate that supports the stadium.

But... I don't think it will come to that. The last vote in 2001 was based on nothing but empty promises and mixed messages. I think part of the reason Rick is so secretive now is because of the disaster of the last referendum, and I can't blame him. This time, there will be drawings of the actual stadium design and a plan for improved facilities where Fouts is now located. Students will actually be able to see that beautiful new stadium with a promise that they will sit in it in just two years.

Well flyer don't get to excided in 2004 DD and RV said that the class coming in would have a stadium before they were Jr. (2007). They were told in 2006 that they would have an indoor pratrice field by 2008. RV has told the player the recruits and parents many things that have not been on the up and up. I hope that all goes well this time around but don hold your breath.

Well I believe we will have a new one by 2010, but if we don't RV will not be here for 2011.