Kickoff Cookout

NT91

You guys are stupid, its a freaking cookout. Why don't you just complain about EVERYTHING??? You should be happy enough people attend and have interest to create a line problem. Would you rather it just be you and your loser buddies?

I bet 'GREENBAT' probably isn't even a donor, so stop complaining about Mandy.

Just out of curiosity since you are talking out of your ass...

1)What is your donor level?

2)How many personal dealings have you had with Mandy? (You know, at the NCAA tournament, bowl games, and away games I am sure you attend since you're singling out those who do)

I await your responses with baited breath.

You guys are stupid, its a freaking cookout. Why don't you just complain about EVERYTHING??? You should be happy enough people attend and have interest to create a line problem. Would you rather it just be you and your loser buddies?

My loser buddies really resent you calling them that.

BTW....I'll complain about whatever the Hell I want to. And last year's Kickoff Cookout was set up badly. As I recall, there was only one place to get food. The point is, if you're going to have something and you're calling it a COOKOUT....make it such that folks get their food in a timely manner. That's what I expect when I go anywhere for a COOKOUT.

This year, to be on the safe side...I'm going to eat at home before heading over there. That way, I know I'll get some food.

It was set up badly. The food was as far away from the seating area as you could get. There was no line, and when you got your food you had to fight your way through the crowd to go down the steps to the tent area. I hope it's better this year.

And as a MGC donor, I have the right to complain when I get a bad product for my money. Not to say the cookout was bad, just poorly planned.

I bet 'GREENBAT' probably isn't even a donor, so stop complaining about Mandy.

LMGM,

I donate what I can afford to the University, sometimes more than other years. I like others on the board, since you called me out by name would be interested to know how many games have you been to during RV's tenure as AD, forget home games I'll take for granted you have been to all the home games. How many AWAY games have you attended.

I won't embarrass you by asking YOUR donor level. I'm sure you donate what you can as I do.

But I am curious if you have ever had a personal conversation with Mandy, not just at the NCAA tournament, bowl games, and away games, but any time. I find her attitude condescending and unacceptable for an employee of MY UNIVERSITY . I did not attend the kickoff cookout last year and probably will not attend this year, but I still care if

the AD puts out a crap product because they represent MY UNIVERSITY .

Brett Tulloss (So I can't be accused of hiding behind an internet screen name)

LMGM,

I donate what I can afford to the University, sometimes more than other years. I like others on the board, since you called me out by name would be interested to know how many games have you been to during RV's tenure as AD, forget home games I'll take for granted you have been to all the home games. How many AWAY games have you attended.

I won't embarrass you by asking YOUR donor level. I'm sure you donate what you can as I do.

But I am curious if you have ever had a personal conversation with Mandy, not just at the NCAA tournament, bowl games, and away games, but any time. I find her attitude condescending and unacceptable for an employee of MY UNIVERSITY . I did not attend the kickoff cookout last year and probably will not attend this year, but I still care if

the AD puts out a crap product because they represent MY UNIVERSITY .

Brett Tulloss (So I can't be accused of hiding behind an internet screen name)

I talk to Mandy at every event I attend and have never had any sort of issue with her. I appreciate what she does and the people I associate with do as well.

I never questioned your attendance at events or your passion for Mean Green sports, so stop being defensive. All I can say is that perhaps you should go talk to someone who may be able to help you with your Mandy problem, or maybe to Mandy herself. Perhaps you just have a misunderstanding. If you have that big of a problem with it, do something about it instead of whining on a message board.

Just out of curiosity since you are talking out of your ass...

1)What is your donor level?

2)How many personal dealings have you had with Mandy? (You know, at the NCAA tournament, bowl games, and away games I am sure you attend since you're singling out those who do)

I await your responses with baited breath.

My donor level is none of your concern.

So you didn't attend this event yourself then?

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...&pid=345098

LittleMeanGreenMan

Bottom line is we are a commuter school and offer a pretty decent education at a very low price so why not market this way? A new stadium, a SBC title, or anything else will not change that; it is the way the people of the DFW metroplex see NT. Growing up nearby, it was pretty widely known at my high school that NT was a place people either transferred to from a JUCO or went to out of convenience. I even had people tell me that it is not a 'real college'. I don't agree with this assessment, but I can see where they are coming from given our pride and participation among students here as compared to a UT or A&M or Tech.

Unfortunately that is where we stand right now in the eyes of outsiders looking in. I guess it is better than the "DFW's number one college" or whatever our old ad campaign said.

Sad but true folks.

But what should we expect from someone who shares this oppinion of North Texas, right?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I talk to Mandy at every event I attend and have never had any sort of issue with her. I appreciate what she does and the people I associate with do as well.

Wow. While I will not question if you have actually met her, this is quite different from the experience of every other person I have known to have met her. Maybe if you're a $10,000/year donor she is nice to you, but somehow I doubt that you are.

My first meeting with Mandy was at my tailgate tent in Norman. Her first question was what level donor I was. When I told her, she kinda made a face and looked like she had somewhere else to be.

A commuter school, LMGM?

6,000 students live on campus in UNT-run residence halls. Another 11,000 live in Denton county, a lot of them living within a few miles of campus. About 50% commute from outside of Denton county.

At UNT, 73% of first year students live in campus housing. At UT-Austin, the number is 57%. Do you think UT is a "commuter school"?

A commuter school, LMGM?

6,000 students live on campus in UNT-run residence halls. Another 11,000 live in Denton county, a lot of them living within a few miles of campus. About 50% commute from outside of Denton county.

At UNT, 73% of first year students live in campus housing. At UT-Austin, the number is 57%. Do you think UT is a "commuter school"?

I am glad you said this. I get tired head hearing ignorant people refer to unt as a commuter school.

Wow. While I will not question if you have actually met her, this is quite different from the experience of every other person I have known to have met her. Maybe if you're a $10,000/year donor she is nice to you, but somehow I doubt that you are.

My first meeting with Mandy was at my tailgate tent in Norman. Her first question was what level donor I was. When I told her, she kinda made a face and looked like she had somewhere else to be.

This is just an example of how clueless the administration is about North Texas and it's fan base. We don't have enough high dollar donors for Mandy (or anyone else) to be asking that sort of question. A NORTH TEXAS GRADUATE IN THAT POSITION WOULD REALIZE THAT BASIC CONCEPT AND WOULD HAVE TREATED ANYONE WEARING GREEN (which Mandy rarely does) WHO MADE THE EFFORT TO GET TO NORMAN, AS IF THEY WERE THEIR FAVORITE RICH AUNT OR UNCLE.

But (in his best John Belushi-rant voice)NOOOOOOOOO, we had to hire someone who is absolutely clueless about the North Texas fan base, and absolutely insensitive regarding customer service and marketing. After one year on the job, Mandy should have known who the high rollers were, and (as I said earlier) she should be welcoming everyone who shows up wearing green.

And what the hell was she doing coming over to your tailgating tent and asking about your donor level?

I would have smiled and said "Mandy, it's your job to know that already. However, I'll tell you my donor level, if you tell how much you weigh, and what your bra size is".

Edited by SilverEagle

This is just an example of how clueless the administration is about North Texas and it's fan base. We don't have enough high dollar donors for Mandy (or anyone else) to be asking that sort of question. A NORTH TEXAS GRADUATE IN THAT POSITION WOULD REALIZE THAT BASIC CONCEPT AND WOULD HAVE TREATED ANYONE WEARING GREEN (which Mandy rarely does) WHO MADE THE EFFORT TO GET TO NORMAN, AS IF THEY WERE THEIR FAVORITE RICH AUNT OR UNCLE.

But (in his best John Belushi-rant voice)NOOOOOOOOO, we had to hire someone who is absolutely clueless about the North Texas fan base, and absolutely insensitive regarding customer service and marketing. After one year on the job, Mandy should have known who the high rollers were, and (as I said earlier) she should be welcoming everyone who shows up wearing green.

And what the hell was she doing coming over to your tailgating tent and asking about your doner level?

I would have smiled and said "Mandy, it's your job to know that already. However, I'll tell you my doner level, if you tell how much you weigh, and what your bra size is".

In regards to one's donor level: My belief is that you treat everyone well. Because the guy who is giving us $250 this year (and is giving us ALL that he can)....that guy might become filthy rich.....and give us $20,000,000 (or some huge amount) some day. And yet, the current rich donor who is having his ass kissed by everybody, may get even richer and still just give a paltry amount (paltry...compared to what he could give).

My point is, you never know who's going to come into money...and you never know who might end up being the savior of this program. If you treat everyone well, you've got your bases covered.

Personally if I did become filthy rich...I wouldn't give this current athletic department staff big money. No f'n way.

Edited by SUMG