A Request To The Board Moderators

SUMG

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I would like to make this point.

I wish you all would start deleting posts on here, where "know-it-alls" tell us that certain players are going to FLUNK OUT. I've seen people come on here, and name names of certain players, and tell us that they are going to be ineligible.

And, it looks like that in many (if not all) cases a lot of these "experts" are wrong. We've seen several kids names dragged through the mud on here---and apparently most of those are going to get their grades....after all.

So from now on, could we wait until there is official word that someone isn't going to be on the team (i.e.--Horton, Gilmore).....before we allow people to come on here and trash kids who might be in good shape academically?

Just a request.

That is the purpose of message boards...

If you start censoring that kind of info, that is just going to be that take off point...you have to take the good with the bad.

Trying to censor a message board is like Papelbon crying about Yankee fans in the Bronx boo-ing him...that goes with being a Red Sock

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I would like to make this point.

I wish you all would start deleting posts on here, where "know-it-alls" tell us that certain players are going to FLUNK OUT. I've seen people come on here, and name names of certain players, and tell us that they are going to be ineligible.

And, it looks like that in many (if not all) cases a lot of these "experts" are wrong. We've seen several kids names dragged through the mud on here---and apparently most of those are going to get their grades....after all.

So from now on, could we wait until there is official word that someone isn't going to be on the team (i.e.--Horton, Gilmore).....before we allow people to come on here and trash kids who might be in good shape academically?

Just a request.

I will second this. We don't need to be posting info on kids grades or something we suspect about a kids grades. Just let this kind of stuff come out in the media if the school chooses to release it.

If you start censoring that kind of info, that is just going to be that take off point...you have to take the good with the bad.

Trying to censor a message board is like Papelbon crying about Yankee fans in the Bronx boo-ing him...that goes with being a Red Sock

I think censoring is the wrong word.

Substantiated claims is what I believe is the point here. Can you confirm you accusations, provide some proof or reference if you are going to "sling mud".

He's right that unfounded rumors and hearsay are the lifeblood of online forums, this one included.

I have no idea how the Papelbon reference fits with this, though.

If we can roll back, who gets dibs on the Q/Quinn goodies?

I'm not here to tak about the past, so here's the solution.

Good rumors that are later verified get 1-5 "Action Quinns:"

20060909_0095_Johnny_Quinn.jpg

Bad rumors get disapproving - yet sex - Johnny Quinns:

headshots.jpg

Edited by Quoner