What I'd Like To Hear Thes ( Sun Belt ) Coaches Say

MeanGreen61

I still don't think Riley will redshirt.

On the radio show here in Houston, Andre Ware said Riley was having a tough time throwing past 20 yards 4 months after his surgery. Of course, that may be normal, but the word was that his shoulder wasnt healing as quickly as anticipated. If this is even half true, I don't see any way Riley plays in the Fall. Why not RS him and ensure his shoulder is 100% for the next season? Especially when you've got a veteran in Meager backing Vizza?

Edited by Eagle1855

Who says Meager won't beat out the incumbent. No one is assured a starting position in August or November. It's play and play well or sit your ass on the bench.

By the way, Riley is throwing the ball nicely in practice, he is tuning himself up for the All-star game in just a few weeks. He will be ready for August and yes he'll get his shot at jumping over DM and GV and anyone else in those QB drills.

Sorry GV, look over your shoulder because hell is coming and his name is Riley Dodge. At the same time, GV will play his ass off and the chips will fall where TD says they will fall, not Fireman Rick.

Will GV get hosed if he doesn't start, not hardly. Welcome to D-1 football where your job is about as safe as Rick agreeing with me. (players and coaches)

Edited by nautique

It was reported here on GMG.com that Danny Meager was the starter for the entire year AFTER the August '07 two-a-day evaluations. The reason given was... "Because "I" didn't want him to be looking over his shoulder throughout the year", Unfortunately that was the qoute of the most respected QB coach ever in Texas, not mine. So I'm now confused. Am I to believe our coaching staff, or ...................the uninformed? :wacko:

Rick

I'm not sure if I want to set foot in this minefield, but that's not exactly how it happened. Long before Spring ball ever started, Dodge stated that his general philosophy was to name one QB the starting QB (as opposed to the 2+ QB rotations we have implemented in the past), with the intention of him starting the whole year.

When Meager was named the starter, some on this board, or maybe Vito, may have reiterated Dodge's philosophy. But the fact is, by mid-season starting Vizza became what was best for the program, and so Dodge had to do it.

I'm not sure if I want to set foot in this minefield, but that's not exactly how it happened. Long before Spring ball ever started, Dodge stated that his general philosophy was to name one QB the starting QB (as opposed to the 2+ QB rotations we have implemented in the past), with the intention of him starting the whole year.

When Meager was named the starter, some on this board, or maybe Vito, may have reiterated Dodge's philosophy. But the fact is, by mid-season starting Vizza became what was best for the program, and so Dodge had to do it.

I agree putting vizza there was best for the program. But, I fail to understand why Dodge saying what he did in the spring makes it any less powerful (or that he didn't mean it as much) than if it was said it in the fall. I believe I recall him reiterating his philosophy either on the MG Insider and/or after one of the first few games during the fall season that he doesn't want Meager to look over his shoulder.

Whether it was politics or giving the public what they wanted... he did give his word that there would be one go-to guy as QB. He went against that because as I see it... It is better for a freshman to make freshman mistakes than a junior making freshman mistakes. I agree with putting vizza in charge in mid-season... He might have told the team something different, but I can't blame Rick or anyone else for going on the information that TD said to us.

On the radio show here in Houston, Andre Ware said Riley was having a tough time throwing past 20 yards 4 months after his surgery. Of course, that may be normal, but the word was that his shoulder wasnt healing as quickly as anticipated. If this is even half true, I don't see any way Riley plays in the Fall. Why not RS him and ensure his shoulder is 100% for the next season? Especially when you've got a veteran in Meager backing Vizza?

I would love it if he was redshirted. It would give him a year to get completely healthy. I am not for Riley playing QB this season, and probably not even next year, unless of course, he beats out whoever the QB is.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

It was reported here on GMG.com that Danny Meager was the starter for the entire year AFTER the August '07 two-a-day evaluations. The reason given was... "Because "I" didn't want him to be looking over his shoulder throughout the year", Unfortunately that was the qoute of the most respected QB coach ever in Texas, not mine. So I'm now confused. Am I to believe our coaching staff, or ...................the uninformed? :wacko:

Rick

Rick,

You're supposed to believe what you want to, and use whatever is convenient for more knee-jerk gmg.com recycled, off-season arguments.

It's the Mean Green way, sir!

Just making sure it wasn't all a figment of my imagination.

Rick

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2007/08/

Dodge has maintained all along that he will select a starter after Saturday's workout and stick with him. There won't be any of the shuffling that went on last season.
http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...nd-notes-2.html

More than a few people wrote in to ask about when and if freshman Giovanni Vizza will play this season now that Daniel Meager has been named the Mean Green's starter. Head coach Todd Dodge said he picked his starter and wouldn't rotate quarterbacks.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...on-chatman.html

Head coach Todd Dodge addressed his quarterback situation at his weekly media conference and said that Daniel Meager will be his starter Saturday at Louisiana-Lafayette. Meager played well at times against SMU and Florida Atlantic but has also struggled at times. Dodge said he had no plans laid out to play Giovanni Vizza like he did last week when the freshman played the second quarter against Arkansas.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...e-danwagon.html

Head coach Todd Dodge went with Giovanni Vizza as his starting quarterback in a surprise move in a loss to Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday,
Edited by FirefightnRick

Just to play the wordsmith role, technically he never did "shuffle" or "rotate" (much) his quarterbacks. He started Meager, gave him a fair shot and then acknowledged Vizza's impact on the team (immediate and long term). Once Vizza was in, he didn't shuffle or rotate Meager in-and-out.

mmm. burgers.

Just to play the wordsmith role, technically he never did "shuffle" or "rotate" (much) his quarterbacks........ Once Vizza was in, he didn't shuffle or rotate Meager in-and-out.

Yes, he did. Against OU and possibly some other games later in the season, they "Switched". But at Arkansas it was a full rotation.

Rick

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=1252249

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play-by-Play Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play-by-Play Summary (1st quarter)

The Automated ScoreBook

North Texas vs Arkansas (Sept 29,2007 at Fayetteville, Ark.)

N.Texas captains: Holman, Jackson, Mendoza, Chapman

Arkansas captains: Woods, Ro. Johnson, Dacus, Monk

Arkansas wins toss and will receive; N. Texas to defend North goal

N 1-10 N30 NT ball on NT30.

Spencer, Truman kickoff 65 yards to the AR5, Felix Jones return 26 yards to

the AR31 (Bush, Antoine).

A 1-10 A31 Casey Dick screen pass complete to Felix Jones for 16 yards to the AR47,

1ST DOWN AR, out-of-bounds (Mendoza, Derek).

A 1-10 A47 Darren McFadden rush right for 3 yards to the 50 yardline (Robertson,

Crai).

A 2-7 A50 Casey Dick pass incomplete to London Crawford.

A 3-7 A50 Casey Dick crossing pass incomplete to Peyton Hillis.

A 4-7 A50 Jeremy Davis punt 50 yards to the NT0, touchback, PENALTY NT illegal

participation 15 yards to the NT35, 1ST DOWN AR, NO PLAY.

A 1-10 N35 Darren McFadden rush over left tackle for no gain to the NT35

(Stevenson, Mont).

A 2-10 N35 Felix Jones rush reverse for 35 yards to the NT0, 1ST DOWN AR,

TOUCHDOWN, clock 13:08.

Alex Tejada kick attempt good.

=========================

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 7

=========================

--------------- 6 plays, 69 yards, TOP 01:52 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 70 yards to the NT0, Bush, Antoine return 35 yards

to the NT35 (Freddy Burton).

N 1-10 N35 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 13:08.

N 1-10 N35 Thomas, Jamario rush over left tackle for 2 yards to the NT37 (A.

Robinson;Weston Dacus).

N 2-8 N37 Meager, Daniel crossing pass complete to Washington, Kor for 1 yard to the

NT38.

N 3-7 N38 Meager, Daniel crossing pass complete to Jackson, Brando for 4 yards to the

NT42 (Michael Grant).

N 4-3 N42 Spencer, Truman punt 50 yards to the AR8, Reggie Fish return 11 yards to the

AR19 (Holman, Maurice;Davenport, Ryan).

--------------- 3 plays, 7 yards, TOP 01:47 ---------------

A 1-10 A19 ARKANSAS drive start at 11:21.

A 1-10 A19 Darren McFadden rush over left tackle for 2 yards to the AR21 (Miller,

Joseph).

A 2-8 A21 Casey Dick screen pass complete to Felix Jones for 13 yards to the AR34,

1ST DOWN AR, out-of-bounds (Green, Dominiqu).

A 1-10 A34 Darren McFadden rush over right guard for 5 yards to the AR39 (Mendoza,

Derek;Agbottah, Karte).

A 2-5 A39 Casey Dick deep in pass complete to London Crawford for 61 yards to the

NT0, 1ST DOWN AR, TOUCHDOWN, clock 09:51.

==========================

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 14

--------------- 4 plays, 81 yards, TOP 01:30 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 59 yards to the NT11, Bush, Antoine return 14 yards

to the NT25 (Wendel Davis), PENALTY NT holding (Owusu-Hemeng, S) 10 yards

to the NT15, 1st and 10, NT ball on NT15.

N 1-10 N15 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 09:51.

N 1-10 N15 Meager, Daniel pass incomplete to Fitzgerald, Cas.

N 2-10 N15 Meager, Daniel sacked for loss of 6 yards to the NT9 (Adrian Davis;Weston

Dacus).

N 3-16 N09 Thomas, Jamario rush for 6 yards to the NT15 (Weston Dacus;Adrian Davis).

N 4-10 N15 Spencer, Truman punt 37 yards to the AR48, fair catch by Reggie Fish.

--------------- 3 plays, 0 yards, TOP 01:23 ---------------

A 1-10 A48 ARKANSAS drive start at 08:28.

A 1-10 A48 Darren McFadden rush over right guard for 14 yards to the NT38, 1ST

DOWN AR (Green, Dominiqu).

A 1-10 N38 Darren McFadden rush over left tackle for 3 yards to the NT35 (Miller,

Joseph).

A 2-7 N35 Casey Dick flag pass complete to Robert Johnson for 9 yards to the NT26,

1ST DOWN AR (Bush, Antoine).

A 1-10 N26 PENALTY AR false start (Jose Valdez) 5 yards to the NT31.

A 1-15 N31 Felix Jones rush draw play for 4 yards to the NT27 (Green,

Dominiqu;Agbottah, Karte).

A 2-11 N27 Felix Jones rush draw play for 5 yards to the NT22, out-of-bounds

(Green, Dominiqu;Cotton, Roderic).

A 3-6 N22 Casey Dick deep pass incomplete to London Crawford.

A 4-6 N22 Alex Tejada field goal attempt from 39 GOOD, clock 06:12.

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 17

--------------- 7 plays, 30 yards, TOP 02:16 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 70 yards to the NT0, Roman, Evyn return 18 yards to

the NT18 (D. Williams).

N 1-10 N18 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 06:12.

N 1-10 N18 Thomas, Jamario rush over left guard for 4 yards to the NT22 (A. Robinson).

N 2-6 N22 Meager, Daniel pass incomplete to Stickler, Brock.

N 3-6 N22 Meager, Daniel crossing pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando (Michael Grant).

N 4-6 N22 Spencer, Truman punt 34 yards to the AR44, downed.

--------------- 3 plays, 4 yards, TOP 01:06 ---------------

A 1-10 A44 ARKANSAS drive start at 05:06.

A 1-10 A44 Darren McFadden rush right for 3 yards to the AR47 (Monroe,

Brandon;Stevenson, Mont).

A 2-7 A47 Felix Jones rush over right guard for no gain to the AR47 (Stevenson,

Mont).

A 3-7 A47 Casey Dick sideline pass complete to Robert Johnson for 11 yards to the

NT42, 1ST DOWN AR, out-of-bounds (Green, Dominiqu).

A 1-10 N42 Darren McFadden rush right for 4 yards to the NT38 (Stevenson,

Mont;Mendoza, Derek).

A 2-6 N38 Darren McFadden rush left for 9 yards to the NT29, 1ST DOWN AR,

out-of-bounds (Bush, Antoine).

A 1-10 N29 [WILD], Darren McFadden at QB for Arkansas, Felix Jones rush right for

12 yards to the NT17, 1ST DOWN AR, out-of-bounds (Monroe, Brandon).

A 1-10 N17 PENALTY NT Encroachment (Stevenson, Mont) 5 yards to the NT12.

A 1-5 N12 Darren McFadden rush left for 10 yards to the NT2, 1ST DOWN AR,

out-of-bounds (Weathers, Aaron).

A 1-G N02 Darren McFadden rush over right guard for 2 yards to the NT0, TOUCHDOWN,

clock 02:30.

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 24

--------------- 8 plays, 56 yards, TOP 02:36 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 70 yards to the NT0, Roman, Evyn return 23 yards to

the NT23 (Freddy Burton;Mark Bonner).

N 1-10 N23 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 02:30.

N 1-10 N23 Meager, Daniel pass complete to Lewis, B.J. for 11 yards to the NT34, 1ST

DOWN NT (Jerrell Norton).

N 1-10 N34 Thomas, Jamario rush over left end for 4 yards to the NT38 (Ernest

Mitchell).

N 2-6 N38 Meager, Daniel rush QK for no gain to the NT38 (Elston Forte;Adrian Davis).

N 3-6 N38 Meager, Daniel sideline pass incomplete to Lewis, B.J., QB hurry by Elston

Forte, PENALTY NT pass interference declined.

N 4-6 N38 Spencer, Truman punt 42 yards to the AR20, fair catch by Reggie Fish.

--------------- 4 plays, 15 yards, TOP 01:57 ---------------

A 1-10 A20 ARKANSAS drive start at 00:33.

A 1-10 A20 Casey Dick sideline pass complete to London Crawford for 9 yards to the

AR29, out-of-bounds (Green, Dominiqu;Monroe, Brandon).

A 2-1 A29 Casey Dick slant pass incomplete to Robert Johnson (Bush, Antoine).

A 3-1 A29 Felix Jones rush up middle for 5 yards to the AR34, 1ST DOWN AR

(Miller, Joseph).

====END OF 1st QUARTER====

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Play-by-Play Summary (2nd quarter)

A 1-10 A34 Start of 2nd quarter, clock 15:00.

A 1-10 A34 Casey Dick screen pass complete to Felix Jones for 19 yards to the NT47,

1ST DOWN AR, out-of-bounds (Holman, Maurice).

A 1-10 N47 Casey Dick post pass incomplete to D J. Williams.

A 2-10 N47 Darren McFadden rush draw play for 7 yards to the NT40, out-of-bounds

(Holman, Maurice).

A 3-3 N40 Darren McFadden rush right for 3 yards to the NT37, 1ST DOWN AR,

out-of-bounds (Cotton, Roderic).

A 1-10 N37 Casey Dick deep pass complete to Robert Johnson for 37 yards to the NT0,

1ST DOWN AR, TOUCHDOWN, clock 14:10.

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 31

--------------- 8 plays, 80 yards, TOP 01:23 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 66 yards to the NT4, Roman, Evyn return 22 yards to

the NT26 (Rashaad Johnson;Mark Bonner).

N 1-10 N26 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 14:10.

N 1-10 N26 Vizza, Giovanni at QB for North Texas.

N 1-10 N26 Vizza, Giovanni slant pass complete to Fitzgerald, Cas for 5 yards to the

NT31 (M. Richardson).

N 2-5 N31 Vizza, Giovanni OU pass complete to Washington, Kor for 18 yards to the

NT49, 1ST DOWN NT, out-of-bounds (M. Richardson), PENALTY NT

holding (Fitzgerald, Cas) 10 yards to the NT39.

N 1-20 N39 1st and 10.

N 1-10 N39 Vizza, Giovanni pass incomplete to Fitzgerald, Cas (M. Richardson).

N 2-10 N39 Vizza, Giovanni pass incomplete to Mosley, Micah, QB hurry by Adrian Davis.

N 3-10 N39 Vizza, Giovanni post pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando, QB hurry by Matt

Hewitt.

N 4-10 N39 Spencer, Truman punt 35 yards to the AR26, fair catch by Reggie Fish.

--------------- 5 plays, 13 yards, TOP 01:25 ---------------

A 1-10 A26 ARKANSAS drive start at 12:45.

A 1-10 A26 Casey Dick pass complete to Andrew Davie for 11 yards to the AR37,

1ST DOWN AR (Monroe, Brandon).

A 1-10 A37 Peyton Hillis rush up middle for 6 yards to the AR43 (Mendoza,

Derek;Miller, Joseph).

A 2-4 A43 Peyton Hillis rush over right end for 8 yards to the NT49, 1ST DOWN

AR (Cotton, Roderic).

A 1-10 N49 Peyton Hillis rush up middle for 4 yards to the NT45 (Weathers,

Aaron;Holman, Maurice).

A 2-6 N45 Peyton Hillis rush up middle for 1 yard to the NT44 (Miller,

Joseph;Monroe, Brandon).

A 3-5 N44 Darren McFadden rush right for 3 yards to the NT41 (Green,

Dominiqu;Cotton, Roderic).

A 4-2 N41 Casey Dick pass incomplete to Lucas Miller (Monroe, Brandon).

--------------- 7 plays, 33 yards, TOP 03:21 ---------------

N 1-10 N41 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 09:24.

N 1-10 N41 Vizza, Giovanni slant pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando (Marcus Harrison).

N 2-10 N41 Vizza, Giovanni deep pass complete to Fitzgerald, Cas for 38 yards to the

AR21, 1ST DOWN NT (Kevin Woods).

N 1-10 A21 Vizza, Giovanni sideline pass incomplete, QB hurry by Jamar Love.

N 2-10 A21 Vizza, Giovanni deep pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando (Michael Grant).

N 3-10 A21 Vizza, Giovanni sideline pass incomplete to Fitzgerald, Cas.

N 4-10 A21 Moreland, Thoma field goal attempt from 38 MISSED - wide right, spot at

AR21, clock 08:34.

--------------- 6 plays, 38 yards, TOP 00:50 ---------------

A 1-10 A21 ARKANSAS drive start at 08:34.

A 1-10 A21 Darren McFadden rush up middle for 4 yards to the AR25 (Mahan, Colt).

A 2-6 A25 Darren McFadden rush over right guard for 4 yards to the AR29 (Gillmore,

Eddri).

A 3-2 A29 Felix Jones rush right for 71 yards to the NT0, 1ST DOWN AR,

TOUCHDOWN, clock 07:06.

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 38

--------------- 3 plays, 79 yards, TOP 01:28 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 70 yards to the NT0, Ealey, Kevin return 12 yards to

the NT12 (Walner Leandre;Chip Gregory).

N 1-10 N12 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 07:06.

N 1-10 N12 Thomas, Jamario rush up middle for 1 yard to the NT13 (Matt Hewitt;Fred

Bledsoe).

N 2-9 N13 Vizza, Giovanni deep pass incomplete to Washington, Kor, QB hurry by Elston

Forte.

N 3-9 N13 Vizza, Giovanni sideline pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando, PENALTY NT

holding declined.

N 4-9 N13 Spencer, Truman punt 49 yards to the AR38, downed.

--------------- 3 plays, 1 yards, TOP 01:12 ---------------

A 1-10 A38 ARKANSAS drive start at 05:54.

A 1-10 A38 Darren McFadden rush over left guard for 7 yards to the AR45 (Nwigwe,

Tobe).

A 2-3 A45 Darren McFadden rush over left tackle for 51 yards to the NT4, 1ST

DOWN AR (Mahan, Colt).

A 1-G N04 Darren McFadden rush over right end for 4 yards to the NT0, TOUCHDOWN,

clock 04:42.

NORTH TEXAS 0, ARKANSAS 45

--------------- 3 plays, 62 yards, TOP 01:12 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 66 yards to the NT4, Roman, Evyn return 16 yards to

the NT20 (Freddy Burton;Jermaine Love).

N 1-10 N20 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 04:42.

N 1-10 N20 Vizza, Giovanni flag pass incomplete to Lewis, B.J., PENALTY AR holding

(Jamar Love) 10 yards to the NT30, 1ST DOWN NT, NO PLAY.

N 1-10 N30 Vizza, Giovanni pass incomplete, PENALTY NT illegal block (Drake, Kelvin)

10 yards to the NT20, NO PLAY.

N 1-20 N20 Vizza, Giovanni post pass complete to Fitzgerald, Cas for 11 yards to the

NT31.

N 2-9 N31 Vizza, Giovanni pass complete to Jackson, Brando for 8 yards to the NT39

(Jamar Love).

N 3-1 N39 Thomas, Jamario rush right for 33 yards to the AR28, 1ST DOWN NT,

out-of-bounds (Kevin Woods).

N 1-10 A28 Vizza, Giovanni post pass complete to Jackson, Brando for 11 yards to the

AR17, 1ST DOWN NT (Michael Grant).

N 1-10 A17 Thomas, Jamario rush up middle for 4 yards to the AR13 (F. Fairchild;Matt

Hewitt).

N 2-6 A13 Vizza, Giovanni slant pass complete to Jackson, Brando for 12 yards to the

AR1, 1ST DOWN NT (Michael Grant;Kevin Woods).

N 1-G A01 Thomas, Jamario rush up middle for loss of 2 yards to the AR3 (Damario

Ambrose).

N 2-G A03 Timeout North Texas, clock 02:00.

N 2-G A03 Vizza, Giovanni rush QK for 2 yards to the AR1 (F. Fairchild).

N 3-G A01 Vizza, Giovanni rush QK for 1 yard to the AR0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 01:24.

Moreland, Thoma kick attempt good.

NORTH TEXAS 7, ARKANSAS 45

--------------- 9 plays, 80 yards, TOP 03:18 ---------------

Spencer, Truman kickoff 54 yards to the AR16, Felix Jones return 10 yards to

the AR26 (Mahan, Colt).

A 1-10 A26 ARKANSAS drive start at 01:24.

A 1-10 A26 Casey Dick screen pass complete to Peyton Hillis for 5 yards to the AR31

(Holman, Maurice;Stewart, Jonath).

A 2-5 A31 Peyton Hillis rush up middle for 7 yards to the AR38, 1ST DOWN AR

(Weathers, Aaron;Cotton, Roderic).

A 1-10 A38 Peyton Hillis rush up middle for 7 yards to the AR45 (Weathers,

Aaron;Cotton, Roderic).

A 2-3 A45 Timeout Arkansas, clock 00:27.

A 2-3 A45 Casey Dick deep in pass incomplete to Reggie Fish.

A 3-3 A45 Peyton Hillis rush over right guard for 13 yards to the NT42, 1ST

DOWN AR (Agbottah, Karte).

A 1-10 N42 Timeout Arkansas, clock 00:14.

A 1-10 N42 Casey Dick deep out pass incomplete to London Crawford, PENALTY NT

pass interference (Green, Dominiqu) 15 yards to the NT27, 1ST DOWN

AR, NO PLAY.

A 1-10 N27 Alex Tejada field goal attempt from 44 MISSED - wide left, spot at NT27,

clock 00:00.

--------------- 6 plays, 47 yards, TOP 01:24 ---------------

N 1-10 N27 End of half, clock 00:00.

====END OF 2nd QUARTER====

NORTH TEXAS 7, ARKANSAS 45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Play-by-Play Summary (3rd quarter)

Arkansas to defend North goal.

N 1-10 N27 Start of 3rd quarter, clock 15:00, AR ball on AR30.

Brian Vavra kickoff 67 yards to the NT3, Ealey, Kevin return 17 yards to

the NT20 (D. Washington;Mark Bonner).

N 1-10 N20 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 15:00.

N 1-10 N20 Meager, Daniel at QB for North Texas.

N 1-10 N20 Thomas, Jamario rush over left tackle for loss of 3 yards to the NT17 (M.

Sheppard).

N 2-13 N17 Meager, Daniel middle pass intercepted by Michael Grant at the NT20, Michael

Grant return 0 yards to the NT20 (Jackson, Brando).

--------------- 2 plays, minus 3 yards, TOP 00:52 ---------------

A 1-10 N20 ARKANSAS drive start at 14:08.

A 1-10 N20 Timeout North Texas, clock 14:08.

North Texas charged a timeout when challenge of previous

play was upheld.

A 1-10 N20 AR ball on NT19.

A 1-10 N19 Peyton Hillis rush up middle for 11 yards to the NT8, 1ST DOWN AR

(Miller, Joseph).

A 1-G N08 Peyton Hillis rush over right guard for 3 yards to the NT5 (Miller,

Joseph;Weathers, Aaron).

A 2-G N05 Casey Dick crossing pass incomplete to Andrew Davie.

A 3-G N05 Casey Dick post pass complete to Lucas Miller for 5 yards to the NT0,

TOUCHDOWN, clock 12:45.

NORTH TEXAS 7, ARKANSAS 52

--------------- 4 plays, 19 yards, TOP 01:23 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 70 yards to the NT0, Roman, Evyn return 22 yards to

the NT22 (Mark Bonner;Jermaine Love).

N 1-10 N22 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 12:45.

N 1-10 N22 Meager, Daniel post pass complete to Jackson, Brando for 30 yards to the

AR48, 1ST DOWN NT.

N 1-10 A48 Thomas, Jamario rush up middle for loss of 3 yards to the NT49 (F.

Fairchild).

N 2-13 N49 Timeout Arkansas, clock 11:47.

N 2-13 N49 Meager, Daniel slant pass complete to Jackson, Brando for 19 yards to the

AR32, 1ST DOWN NT (Jerrell Norton;Rashaad Johnson).

N 1-10 A32 Thomas, Jamario rush for 2 yards to the AR30 (Damario Ambrose).

N 2-8 A30 Meager, Daniel pass complete to Thomas, Jamario for loss of 1 yard to the

AR31 (F. Fairchild).

N 3-9 A31 PENALTY NT false start (Santiago, Esteb) 5 yards to the AR36.

N 3-14 A36 Meager, Daniel sacked for loss of 11 yards to the AR47 (Damario Ambrose;F.

Fairchild).

N 4-25 A47 Spencer, Truman punt 47 yards to the AR0, touchback.

--------------- 6 plays, 31 yards, TOP 03:21 ---------------

A 1-10 A20 ARKANSAS drive start at 09:24.

A 1-10 A20 Casey Dick post pass complete to Robert Johnson for 14 yards to the

AR34, 1ST DOWN AR, out-of-bounds (Green, Dominiqu).

A 1-10 A34 Peyton Hillis rush draw play for 5 yards to the AR39 (Monroe, Brandon).

A 2-5 A39 Casey Dick post pass incomplete to London Crawford.

A 3-5 A39 Peyton Hillis rush over right end for 1 yard to the AR40 (Mendoza,

Derek;Green, Dominiqu).

A 4-4 A40 Jeremy Davis punt 41 yards to the NT19, fair catch by Roman, Evyn.

--------------- 4 plays, 20 yards, TOP 01:38 ---------------

N 1-10 N19 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 07:46.

N 1-10 N19 NT ball on NT20.

N 1-10 N20 Meager, Daniel post pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando (Michael Grant).

N 2-10 N20 Meager, Daniel rush QK for 24 yards to the NT44, 1ST DOWN NT (Matt

Hewitt).

N 1-10 N44 Meager, Daniel rush SC for no gain to the NT44, out-of-bounds.

N 2-10 N44 Meager, Daniel pass complete to Lewis, B.J. for 7 yards to the AR49 (Jamar

Love;Michael Grant).

N 3-3 A49 Meager, Daniel rush OR for 4 yards to the AR45, 1ST DOWN NT (Elston

Forte).

N 1-10 A45 Meager, Daniel deep pass incomplete to Fitzgerald, Cas (Rashaad Johnson).

N 2-10 A45 Meager, Daniel rush QK for loss of 2 yards to the AR47 (Kevin Woods).

N 3-12 A47 Meager, Daniel sideline pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando (Michael Grant).

N 4-12 A47 Spencer, Truman punt 34 yards to the AR13, Jerrell Norton return 10 yards to

the AR23 (Holman, Maurice).

--------------- 8 plays, 33 yards, TOP 03:18 ---------------

A 1-10 A23 ARKANSAS drive start at 04:28.

A 1-10 A23 Nathan Emert at QB for Arkansas.

A 1-10 A23 Brandon Barnett rush up middle for no gain to the AR23 (DeSoto,

Jesse;Monroe, Brandon).

A 2-10 A23 Nathan Emert pass complete to Reggie Fish for 15 yards to the AR38,

1ST DOWN AR (Monroe, Brandon).

A 1-10 A38 Brandon Barnett rush up middle for 5 yards to the AR43 (Chapman,

Jeremi).

A 2-5 A43 Brandon Barnett rush right for 3 yards to the AR46, out-of-bounds

(Robertson, Crai).

A 3-2 A46 Brandon Barnett rush over right guard for 1 yard to the AR47 (Davenport,

Ryan).

A 4-1 A47 Brandon Barnett rush up middle for 2 yards to the AR49, 1ST DOWN

AR (DeSoto, Jesse;Owusu-Hemeng, S).

A 1-10 A49 Timeout Arkansas, clock 01:22.

A 1-10 A49 Nathan Emert deep pass incomplete to Chris Baker.

A 2-10 A49 Brandon Barnett rush right for 2 yards to the NT49 (Roman, Evyn).

A 3-8 N49 Brandon Barnett rush draw play for loss of 2 yards to the AR49.

====END OF 3rd QUARTER====

NORTH TEXAS 7, ARKANSAS 52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Play-by-Play Summary (4th quarter)

A 4-10 A49 Start of 4th quarter, clock 15:00.

A 4-10 A49 Jeremy Davis punt 38 yards to the NT13, downed.

--------------- 9 plays, 26 yards, TOP 04:37 ---------------

N 1-10 N13 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 14:51.

N 1-10 N13 Vizza, Giovanni at QB for North Texas.

N 1-10 N13 Vizza, Giovanni rush QK for loss of 2 yards to the NT11 (F.

Fairchild;Damario Ambrose).

N 2-12 N11 Vizza, Giovanni pass incomplete, QB hurry by F. Fairchild.

N 3-12 N11 Vizza, Giovanni slant pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando.

N 4-12 N11 Spencer, Truman punt 49 yards to the AR40, Reggie Fish return 5 yards to the

AR45 (Cotton, Roderic).

--------------- 3 plays, minus 2 yards, TOP 00:58 ---------------

A 1-10 A45 ARKANSAS drive start at 13:53.

A 1-10 A45 Nathan Emert pass complete to D J. Williams for 28 yards to the NT27,

1ST DOWN AR (Dawson, Germain).

A 1-10 N27 PENALTY NT offside defense (Miller, Joseph) 5 yards to the NT22.

A 1-5 N22 Brandon Barnett rush over right end for 11 yards to the NT11, 1ST

DOWN AR (Cotton, Roderic;Roman, Evyn).

A 1-10 N11 Brandon Barnett rush up middle for 7 yards to the NT4 (Weathers,

Aaron;Cotton, Roderic).

A 2-3 N04 Brandon Barnett rush over right guard for 2 yards to the NT2 (Miller,

Joseph).

A 3-1 N02 Brandon Barnett rush over right tackle to the NT1, fumble forced by

Holman, Maurice, fumble by Brandon Barnett recovered by NT Monroe, Brandon

at NT0, touchback.

--------------- 5 plays, 55 yards, TOP 02:27 ---------------

N 1-10 N20 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 11:26.

N 1-10 N20 Vizza, Giovanni pass complete to Washington, Kor for 15 yards to the NT35,

1ST DOWN NT (S. Johnson).

N 1-10 N35 Mosley, Micah rush right for 10 yards to the NT45, 1ST DOWN NT

(Elston Forte).

N 1-10 N45 Vizza, Giovanni rush SC for 8 yards to the AR47, out-of-bounds (Rashaad

Johnson).

N 2-2 A47 Vizza, Giovanni pass incomplete to Fitzgerald, Cas.

N 3-2 A47 Vizza, Giovanni pass incomplete to Lewis, B.J..

N 4-2 A47 Vizza, Giovanni pass incomplete to Jackson, Brando (Michael Grant).

--------------- 6 plays, 33 yards, TOP 01:14 ---------------

A 1-10 A47 ARKANSAS drive start at 10:12.

A 1-10 A47 AR ball on AR48.

A 1-10 A48 Brandon Barnett rush for 2 yards to the 50 yardline (Mendoza,

Derek;Cotton, Roderic).

A 2-8 A50 Nathan Emert pass complete to Rod Coleman for 14 yards to the NT36,

1ST DOWN AR (Roman, Evyn).

A 1-10 N36 Brandon Barnett rush left for 6 yards to the NT30, out-of-bounds

(Nelson, Brian).

A 2-4 N30 Brandon Barnett rush over left tackle for 23 yards to the NT7, 1ST

DOWN AR (Nurudeen, Latif;Weathers, Aaron).

A 1-G N07 Hezekiah Smith rush for 1 yard to the NT6 (Davenport, Ryan).

A 2-G N06 Nathan Emert rush QK to the NT2, fumble forced by Weathers, Aaron,

fumble by Nathan Emert recovered by NT Nwigwe, Tobe at NT2.

--------------- 6 plays, 50 yards, TOP 02:49 ---------------

N 1-10 N02 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 07:23.

N 1-10 N02 Mosley, Micah rush for 4 yards to the NT6 (Wendel Davis).

N 2-6 N06 Mosley, Micah rush over right guard for 2 yards to the NT8 (Wendel

Davis;Damario Ambrose).

N 3-4 N08 Timeout North Texas, clock 06:14.

N 3-4 N08 Vizza, Giovanni post pass incomplete to Lewis, B.J., PENALTY NT face mask

declined.

N 4-4 N08 Spencer, Truman punt 34 yards to the NT42, fair catch by Reggie Fish.

--------------- 3 plays, 6 yards, TOP 01:26 ---------------

A 1-10 N42 ARKANSAS drive start at 05:57.

A 1-10 N42 AR ball on NT41.

A 1-10 N41 Brandon Barnett rush left for 36 yards to the NT5, 1ST DOWN AR,

out-of-bounds (Nurudeen, Latif).

A 1-G N05 Brandon Barnett rush over left tackle for 5 yards to the NT0, TOUCHDOWN,

clock 05:36.

NORTH TEXAS 7, ARKANSAS 59

--------------- 2 plays, 41 yards, TOP 00:21 ---------------

Brian Vavra kickoff 70 yards to the NT0, Ealey, Kevin return 20 yards to

the NT20 (S. Johnson).

N 1-10 N20 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 05:36.

N 1-10 N20 Mosley, Micah rush up middle for 6 yards to the NT26 (Matt Harris;D.

Williams).

N 2-4 N26 Mosley, Micah rush over right guard for 1 yard to the NT27 (Patrick Jones).

N 3-3 N27 Vizza, Giovanni rush OL for 4 yards to the NT31, 1ST DOWN NT (Patrick

Jones).

N 1-10 N31 Mosley, Micah rush to the NT28, fumble forced by Elston Forte, fumble by

Mosley, Micah recovered by NT Santiago, Esteb at NT28.

N 2-13 N28 Mosley, Micah rush over left guard for 32 yards to the AR40, 1ST DOWN

NT (R. Broadway).

N 1-10 A40 Vizza, Giovanni deep pass incomplete to Dibrell, Sam (Jerrell Norton).

N 2-10 A40 Mosley, Micah rush left for 7 yards to the AR33 (Rashaad Johnson).

N 3-3 A33 Vizza, Giovanni rush QK for 2 yards to the AR31 (Elston Forte).

N 4-1 A31 Mosley, Micah rush up middle for 2 yards to the AR29, 1ST DOWN NT

(Damario Ambrose;Elston Forte).

N 1-10 A29 Vizza, Giovanni post pass incomplete to Lewis, B.J. (R. Broadway).

N 2-10 A29 Mosley, Micah rush over left guard for 1 yard to the AR28 (Damario

Ambrose;Patrick Jones), PENALTY AR personal foul (Jamar Love) 14 yards to

the AR14, 1ST DOWN NT.

N 1-10 A14 1st and 10.

N 1-10 A14 Vizza, Giovanni crossing pass incomplete to Dibrell, Sam, PENALTY AR pass

interference (Jerrell Norton) 9 yards to the AR5, 1ST DOWN NT, NO

PLAY.

N 1-G A05 Vizza, Giovanni pass intercepted by Jerrell Norton at the AR0, Jerrell

Norton return 100 yards to the NT0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 00:31.

--------------- 12 plays, 75 yards, TOP 05:05 ---------------

NORTH TEXAS 7, ARKANSAS 66

Brian Vavra kickoff 68 yards to the NT2, Ealey, Kevin return 16 yards to

the NT18 (Freddy Burton;D. Washington).

N 1-10 N18 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 00:31.

N 1-10 N18 Mosley, Micah rush over left guard for 6 yards to the NT24 (Chris Wade).

N 2-4 N24 End of game, clock 00:00.

--------------- 1 plays, 6 yards, TOP 00:31 ---------------

========FINAL SCORE=======

NORTH TEXAS 7, ARKANSAS 66

Great research that doesn't tell us crap. I love your interpretation of his media quotes that are basically meaningless. Call it playing poker, call it playing possum, or it whatever you want. He doesn't tell the media crap and really surely doesn't give a damn about what Vito thinks about him nor you.

You just can't seem to freakin understand that YOU nor I no a damn thing about what happens behind the scenes, in practices, in film sessions, in life, or in TD's freakin head.

Again, never did it any say he was starting Danny for f*ing life. Never did it say, or will it ever say, that Vizza will start now or ever again..

Stop your crying Rick and quit believing that TD hosed your boy. What your saying is that once a coach props up a player, he can't change his mind??. What kind of rationale is that?

I believe Dodge knows right now in his heart who is going to start next season. He'll state it in August again like last seaon, and you know what Rick, he just might change his freaking mind again. Give him a break. Who really gives a shit on who he wants to start? Dodge needs to win, he needs to develop for the future and future is a long way off. He is gonna say all the correct political bull crap but when its all said and done, it's his team and he can do whatever the hell he wants to do.

Tough sh*t for us all. TD calls the shots, he can change his mind a 100 times and as long as he takes full responsibility, it's cool with me. He pulled the plug on Mendoza, he'll pull the plug on a lot of players this season, if job doesn't get done.

Unless your a coach or on the field everyday with the team, experts like you will never know the truth or the purpose behind the moves that TD or DeLoach will make. Listening some whining players doesn't get it done either.

One Todd Dodge Jr. (called Riley by his family and friends) is a QB, period and end of story. This isn't SLC and high school ball where he will play slot. This guy will play QB, and that is it. Can you envision Riley going over the middle for a pass? Nah, me neither.

Why would the best QB prospect EVER, as most have posted, ever play another position than QB?

Let's see, UT offered him a scholarship and it wasn't to be a QB. I guess someone should explain the facts to Mack Brown. It's hard for me to think that we would not want the best players on the field. If Riley proves that he is one of the best players, even if it's not at QB, shouldn't he be on the field?

Let's see, UT offered him a scholarship and it wasn't to be a QB. I guess someone should explain the facts to Mack Brown. It's hard for me to think that we would not want the best players on the field. If Riley proves that he is one of the best players, even if it's not at QB, shouldn't he be on the field?

Because Mack Brown's an idiot! Duh. UNT fans RULE! We know ALL.

UNT - 1, rest of planet - 0.

Great research that doesn't tell us crap. I love your interpretation of his media quotes that are basically meaningless. Call it playing poker, call it playing possum, or it whatever you want. He doesn't tell the media crap and really surely doesn't give a damn about what Vito thinks about him nor you.

You just can't seem to freakin understand that YOU nor I no a damn thing about what happens behind the scenes, in practices, in film sessions, in life, or in TD's freakin head.

Again, never did it any say he was starting Danny for f*ing life. Never did it say, or will it ever say, that Vizza will start now or ever again..

Stop your crying Rick and quit believing that TD hosed your boy. What your saying is that once a coach props up a player, he can't change his mind??. What kind of rationale is that?

I believe Dodge knows right now in his heart who is going to start next season. He'll state it in August again like last seaon, and you know what Rick, he just might change his freaking mind again. Give him a break. Who really gives a shit on who he wants to start? Dodge needs to win, he needs to develop for the future and future is a long way off. He is gonna say all the correct political bull crap but when its all said and done, it's his team and he can do whatever the hell he wants to do.

Tough sh*t for us all. TD calls the shots, he can change his mind a 100 times and as long as he takes full responsibility, it's cool with me. He pulled the plug on Mendoza, he'll pull the plug on a lot of players this season, if job doesn't get done.

Unless your a coach or on the field everyday with the team, experts like you will never know the truth or the purpose behind the moves that TD or DeLoach will make. Listening some whining players doesn't get it done either.

I knew it all along. He tells the media a bunch of lies to keep the rest of us off balance as to what to expect. What a waste of time that media day trip will be down in New Orleans.

By the way, since you type so tough why don't you tell us who you are?

Rick

--- Guess you did not see the SMU game with Meager at QB, which set the all-time passing record for one game... He did not lose the game... The defense gave up wa-a-ay too many points.

I just hope Meager is still here in the fall to play backup QB........