Vendors At The Games

Frito Pie

Chile Cheese fry's

ICEE drinks

Turkey Leg (good but pricey)

Cotton Candy

Philly cheese sandwich (or a variant grilled food sandwich)

corn dogs

Pickle on a Stick (or fried pickles)

seasoned curly fries

meat pie (if you have been to Louisiana you know what this is)

I'll finish the list off with a nice fresh lemonade!

$.25 refills all season on the big stadium style souvenir cups.

Having affordable concessions enhances the gameday experience, and the souvenir cups would be a small enticement for fans to keep coming to the games.

This type of promotion has worked quite well for the Six Flags chain with their big 44 ounce reusable drink bottles. They give unlimitted free refills on the initial day of purchase and 99 cent refills for the rest of the year. Maybe the drink machines could be self serve like the ones at many fast food restaurants; this would speed the lines, reduce labor costs, and give customers the options of how much ice.

Not a bad idea. Actually a pretty good idea. I have thought pretty much ever since they built the aluminun seats that they should either sell those tickets at $1 or $2 a piece and they would make money from sale of items once inside, or what you are saying. Either way you entice the general public that isn't coming at this point, to come.

A USA TODAY survey of the 119 schools in the NCAA's major football-playing Division I-A found that nearly half (54) allow the sale of alcohol — through public concessions, in private suites or both — at one or more playing venues. Eighty-five of those schools have designated tailgating areas, and barely one in 10 keeps those zones alcohol-free.

I knew about 5 minutes after I posted that, you would probably find something to prove it was more schools than I thought. Thanks for the stat - I wonder out of the 54 that allow the sale of alcohol, only allow it in the private suites?

Not a bad idea. Actually a pretty good idea. I have thought pretty much ever since they built the aluminun seats that they should either sell those tickets at $1 or $2 a piece and they would make money from sale of items once inside, or what you are saying. Either way you entice the general public that isn't coming at this point, to come.

What about, and this may be going out on a limb, but......

Why not make the whole North or south aluminum end zone seating areas part of the MGC "deck area". Put the old Eagle Dome tent behind the stands to handle catering service, and serve beer only in that secrion of the stadium.

The seating area would give a much better view of the field than does the current deck area. with many more seats.

Casual fans (those that don't intently follow North Texas football) may be attracted because of the social atmosphere. Isn't this what many colleges do with club seating areas to attract local business owners and Chamber of Commerce members?

A roaming Flying Tomato pizza truck - yum and brings back the memories!

They should make the aluminum seats the all you can eat seats like they do at Dodger Stadium. That promotion is priceless because when I walk up to Dodger Stadium to try to get a seat in that section where you can eat and drink all you want for a flat rate fee - the seats are always sold out! Throw a concession in the actual section and people don't even have to wait in lines! Make those $20 seats and let people chow, cheer and roll out of the stadium by the end of the season!

GMG

A roaming Flying Tomato pizza truck - yum and brings back the memories!

They should make the aluminum seats the all you can eat seats like they do at Dodger Stadium. That promotion is priceless because when I walk up to Dodger Stadium to try to get a seat in that section where you can eat and drink all you want for a flat rate fee - the seats are always sold out! Throw a concession in the actual section and people don't even have to wait in lines! Make those $20 seats and let people chow, cheer and roll out of the stadium by the end of the season!

GMG

I say give The Tomato their own station inside the stadium. This would give them a place to make some money while they find a new location and us a place to eat their pizza...at least during the season.

Edited by Green Crazy

What about, and this may be going out on a limb, but......

Why not make the whole North or south aluminum end zone seating areas part of the MGC "deck area". Put the old Eagle Dome tent behind the stands to handle catering service, and serve beer only in that secrion of the stadium.

The seating area would give a much better view of the field than does the current deck area. with many more seats.

Casual fans (those that don't intently follow North Texas football) may be attracted because of the social atmosphere. Isn't this what many colleges do with club seating areas to attract local business owners and Chamber of Commerce members?

Another good idea, however, that would mean that the casual fan would have to first make a MGC donation to be able to sit in that area of the stadium, and right now we can't even get that casual fan to the game paying $8.